(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: Mega Man X4 - What Are We Playing? Fourrrrrrrrr!!!

Post by Crow »

wow that fight sucked hard
this game is really not impressing me at all thus far
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

"you can explain it by saying it's what they're programmed to do"

you ah... really don't get this reploid thing do you
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Pretty simple fight once you get the timing on the teleportation swings down. Then again, it's meant to be since it is only a sign of things to come later when he ups the attack count more. There's an upgrade that makes the first round with Colonel almost inconsequential, but it's definitely not necessary as we all saw.

Oh, and it was mentioned in the comments, but you can hit him right after he does his teleport strike. There's a small window between that and him starting up the dash to back off.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Oh, and it was mentioned in the comments, but you can hit him right after he does his teleport strike. There's a small window between that and him starting up the dash to back off.
He was doing it even, before deciding he couldn't squeeze that hit.
Wait, I misread. He was hitting him just AFTER the teleport dash, which I believe syncs better with the buster's charging time.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

OWULUH
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years agoOWULUH
I was hoping someone would say this, and I'm not disappointed. I'll have to watch this one a bit later tonight.
Crow

Post by Crow »

woah, didn't know they made me into a maverick
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

He puts the ow in owl
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Storm Owl's stage is really fast to fly through, pun intended, but the fight is one of the toughest in the game along with a mech-less Magma Dragoon. It mostly has to do with those orbs, but all of his attacks outside of the laser talons do a ton of damage. The tornadoes from underneath and the spinning orb spam attacks will decimate you if you don't get out of the way fast. Honestly, the hardest thing in that fight is just consistently making it back up to the upper platform since you have to wall jump at just about the height of your jump. It's not easy.

Outside of that, you again got all you could here. I don't think there's really much I have to say about the item collecting since most of it has been pretty obvious.
Mea

Post by Mea »

I noticed raocow missing the edge of that platform when trying to walljump up its sides. I don't know if this holds in the earlier/regular MMX series, but generally when making tricky jumps like that I like to dashjump so that the greater aerial horizontal acceleration helps to get you moving to where you want to be. Input can be a little tricky since you have to jump immediately after you dash so you don't move forward too much.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Mea wrote: 6 years ago I noticed raocow missing the edge of that platform when trying to walljump up its sides. I don't know if this holds in the earlier/regular MMX series, but generally when making tricky jumps like that I like to dashjump so that the greater aerial horizontal acceleration helps to get you moving to where you want to be. Input can be a little tricky since you have to jump immediately after you dash so you don't move forward too much.
For the longest time, I didn't know that you could just hold dash to dash off walls. I thought you had to time it. I forget if the same ever applied to which games, but I think eventually you could just hold dash to dash jump. Or maybe I'm just thinking of a side effect of some of my RAM hacking.

PS: Next raocow is gonna do a No Dash/No Hover X run of X4, right?

PPS: I'm obligated to mention Command Dashing off walls.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago
Mea wrote: 6 years ago I noticed raocow missing the edge of that platform when trying to walljump up its sides. I don't know if this holds in the earlier/regular MMX series, but generally when making tricky jumps like that I like to dashjump so that the greater aerial horizontal acceleration helps to get you moving to where you want to be. Input can be a little tricky since you have to jump immediately after you dash so you don't move forward too much.
For the longest time, I didn't know that you could just hold dash to dash off walls. I thought you had to time it. I forget if the same ever applied to which games, but I think eventually you could just hold dash to dash jump. Or maybe I'm just thinking of a side effect of some of my RAM hacking.
You only need to time it in X1, and starting with X4 you can just hold the dash button forever to jump dash.
xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago PPS: I'm obligated to mention Command Dashing off walls.
what the
Crow

Post by Crow »

At this point I'm definitely in favor of not doing a megaman x4 run as zero btw
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago
You only need to time it in X1, and starting with X4 you can just hold the dash button forever to jump dash.
xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago PPS: I'm obligated to mention Command Dashing off walls.
what the

It's possible if most, if not all, Megaman games from X1-ZXA.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

I'm not sure if I hate double-tap dash because I can't dash-jump off a wall, or if I hate command dashing because I'm too used to double-tap dashing. (Damn you, Xtreme, for putting command dash on the start button.)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago I'm not sure if I hate double-tap dash because I can't dash-jump off a wall, or if I hate command dashing because I'm too used to double-tap dashing. (Damn you, Xtreme, for putting command dash on the start button.)
Command Dash is the double tap.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

It's possible if most, if not all, Megaman games from X1-ZXA.
Mental.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

temp.png
temp.png (27.75 KiB) Viewed 4265 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

The homing feather missiles are best dealt with by continuously dashing, dash-jumping, and wall-dash-jumping all around in what is more or less one giant circle on the half of the screen he doesn't occupy. They eventually run out of fuel and explode on their own.

Alternatively, if you're 2 cool 4 school, wall-jumping, dashing of any kind, and copyrighted audio, you do it this way:

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Grounder wrote: 6 years agotemp.png
art
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Cyber Peacock's music is so good.

It's important that you got used to dash-jumps off walls now. Otherwise X6 especially would break your face even more than it's going to anyway.

The second half is so weirdly short, empty and devoid of any challenge. It seems like they wanted to do more with the balls but couldn't figure out anything to do with them beyond "rolls down slopes" and "falls if you flip gravity". Even with those two elements, you could envision a bunch of puzzles, but they just...didn't.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

A strawman version of Paragraph wrote:They didn't do enough with the gimmick
Would you prefer went the Haimari route and overused the gimmick instead?

To be honest, I'm in the camp of "it's better to underuse a gimmick than to overuse it"
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago
A strawman version of Paragraph wrote:They didn't do enough with the gimmick
Would you prefer went the Haimari route and overused the gimmick instead?

To be honest, I'm in the camp of "it's better to underuse a gimmick than to overuse it"
Are we just gonna say "Haimari" as shorthand for anything bad in videogames even though Hyper 6's real problem was that most of the stuff just didn't work in the first place

If the balls randomly despawned, had completely different physics at their corners and shot fireballs, then yes, that would be pretty bad
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

rao, you may have to starting considering whether or not Input Lag is your problem.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB