(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man X4 - What Are We Playing? Fourrrrrrrrr!!!

Post by Ashan »

I know basically nothing about this game cause I haven't played much of any X games past 3, and I was gonna call you an idiot for your guess as to which maverick was a stingray cause that guy you selected is obviously a zebra, but... here we are.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

You can jump and then dash to do a horizontal dash in the air on the bike (one that ignores gravity and just sends you straight forward for the duration of the dash). That makes getting the Sub Tank a lot easier.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blue

Post by Blue »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago three episodes deep and i'm convinced this game is really boring. intro stage was fine i guess but flat enemy spam train level was disappointing and autoscroller jetski level was even worse & the way this game looks doesn't appeal to me much either. oh well
Jetski level and something way later on are basically the reason I don't replay this game. The level design for the rest of the game isn't exactly stellar if you're X, but it makes a lot more sense and is a lot more fun if you're Zero.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Other than the anime cutscenes, this game is not impressing me

Eat that all you guys who said x4 was the best
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Mega Man 4 looks different compared to what I remember :).
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

A couple of things. I think the mid-air bike dash was already pointed out, but you can also dash right into Jet Stingray in that part and take him out from the second half of your ride. The good thing about this stage is that it doesn't overstay its welcome. Both parts are about a minute long, so you aren't having to redo much if you game over at any point. Next time will be a lot more traditional.

And yeah, you're two-for-two in perfect clearing stages.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

X4 is the first of the X series that I never cleared. Got all the things, couldn't execute the final boss. I should try playing it again.

And yeah. I'm looking forward to Discount Storm Eagle and Totally-Not-From-Street-Fighter's levels.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago X4 is the first of the X series that I never cleared. Got all the things, couldn't execute the final boss. I should try playing it again.
Is this a common occureance? Because I struggled a lot woth the final bosses and thought they were ridiculous with both subtanks.

Fast-forward to now, and I can pretty much no-hit them. I think as soon as you understand the patterns they become all really easy to dodge, while being a nightmare before that point.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Probably what most of my problem was was trying to do so on a GC controller. If I try to do it with a PSX/SNES controller I'd probably get it done without gaming over. Game overing?

...how does one verb "Game Over"?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago X4 is the first of the X series that I never cleared. Got all the things, couldn't execute the final boss. I should try playing it again.
Heh, I did the same thing. Probably for a different reason than you, though. The final phase of the final battle was just such a marked difficulty spike that I couldn't do it. (The first two phases were extremely simple.) Maybe I'll try it again sometime, myself.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Never forget the time X fought a box...

PS: Marine Base? Hoo-rah.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raekuul wrote: 6 years ago Probably what most of my problem was was trying to do so on a GC controller. If I try to do it with a PSX/SNES controller I'd probably get it done without gaming over. Game overing?

...how does one verb "Game Over"?
It's usually "getting Game Overed"... or you could take a cue from the arcade shooters and just call it a 1cc.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

goo goo gjoob
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You found everything, but you're only able to get one of the three items in the stage on your first pass. You'll need two different weapons to get the items here.

Frost Walrus' stage is interesting for the fact that it has two different themes. It makes me wish the other seven Mavericks had that going for them, but nope. The music changing between parts is exclusive to this stage. Walrus is probably the easiest boss in the game with one other candidate you'll face down the road. For the next few days, it could get a little tougher.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Frost Walrus' stage is interesting for the fact that it has two different themes. It makes me wish the other seven Mavericks had that going for them, but nope. The music changing between parts is exclusive to this stage.
As far as I know, that's something that isn't done at any other point in the entire *franchise*, classic, X, or otherwise. Not sure about the Zero series, though.

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Good point. Most of them have a distinct theme, and that's it. The only other time I can recall a stage having two themes is Tengu Man's in MM8, and that's just because the PS1 and Saturn songs are different.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I was wondering that, if you're considering playing as Zero also, maybe you can return to it later instead of immediately after playing the same game as X? Like how you did with Plague of Shadows for Shovel Knight. I don't know if that would be better.

Also, are there any games in Megaman franchise that allows you to disable double-tap dash? I've seen this as an option in some Megaman-inspired derivative games and it's really handy when you can turn it off and prevent accidental rushing forward.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Good point. Most of them have a distinct theme, and that's it. The only other time I can recall a stage having two themes is Tengu Man's in MM8, and that's just because the PS1 and Saturn songs are different.
Well, technically, if you want to go that route... Sky Lagoon has a different song if you're playing as Zero. But that's not a robot master/Maverick stage, so. :P

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years agoAlso, are there any games in Megaman franchise that allows you to disable double-tap dash? I've seen this as an option in some Megaman-inspired derivative games and it's really handy when you can turn it off and prevent accidental rushing forward.
I know it was used in Mega Man Zero 4, and I want to say that that was the first instance. The ZX games followed suit.
Leet

Post by Leet »

why does x keep saying shake shake
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

that's a pretty sweet missed translation in dragoon's intro card
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You do have the weapon to destroy those blocks, but you just don't have the ability yet to make the attack stronger. Maybe later. I think you can get the Heart Tank without any mid-air dash shenanigans if you do a dashing long jump off the top of the wall on the right. It's a tough deal, so it's best to just wait until you can zoom on over naturally.

Magma Dragoon's definitely the hardest of the eight normally since his attacks do a lot of damage, and he's pretty quick. Even in the mech, it is possible to avoid every one of his attacks. Basically have to dash back and then loop up and over his Hadouken attacks. Your impression of the attack being a Street Fighter move is also accurate, but not yet.
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

I love how Magma Dragoon is literally just mecha-Akuma
Leet

Post by Leet »

'Ryu' = 'dragon'
Mea

Post by Mea »

ano0maly wrote: 6 years ago Also, are there any games in Megaman franchise that allows you to disable double-tap dash? I've seen this as an option in some Megaman-inspired derivative games and it's really handy when you can turn it off and prevent accidental rushing forward.
I know the "spiritual successor" Gunvolt 2 allows you to disable double-tap dashing. Which, is a problem that you can't disable it in the first game because there's a literal bullet hell boss attack that requires precision tap-dodging that gets screwed up when you accidentally dash. I think they fixed the issue in the Switch version.