(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Tenlade

Re: Mega Man 8 - A Saturn for the Better

Post by Tenlade »

Paragraph wrote: 6 years ago It's clearly not optimal against junkbot. As always, use the correct tool for the correct situation!!
Mega ball tears right though his sheild. For something they give you at the start, megaball just murders a ton of smaller enemies and minibosses. There's honestly no reason to not use it especially since you can megabuster with every weapon and its no robot master's weakness, so you dont need to save it.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Tenlade wrote: 6 years ago
Paragraph wrote: 6 years ago It's clearly not optimal against junkbot. As always, use the correct tool for the correct situation!!
Mega ball tears right though his sheild. For something they give you at the start, megaball just murders a ton of smaller enemies and minibosses. There's honestly no reason to not use it especially since you can megabuster with every weapon and its no robot master's weakness, so you dont need to save it.
Well to be fair, the Mega Buster is already an effective weapon, so what would be the point in having a special weapon that you'll have before even really starting the game if it wasn't a generically useful tool?

Actually, considering the nature of Mega Man's weapon system, starting the player out with a useful special weapon is a really smart idea. It lets the player immediately experiment with non-Mega Buster offense, and the Mega Ball is great for that; it flies around at an angle while the Mega Buster only shoots horizontally, bounces around so it can hit things out of it line of fire, and breaks shields. This makes it applicable in plenty of situations where the the Mega Buster is far less effective or outright isn't, so it quickly conveys the idea that if a player is having trouble handling an enemy with the Mega Buster, switching to another weapon could solve the problem easily. Not to mention it actually introduces the concept of weapon energy and what weapon energy drops are used for before the player actually finishes their first real stage, which saying out loud makes me realize how kinda stupid it is that other Mega Man games don't exactly do that all that well. Or at all, in games without Rush or Tango.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I only played MM8 recently, and for whatever reason I did Clown Man first. The stage wasn't too hard, but the boss himself gave me quite a bit of trouble.

That bolt near the start? You actually could have gotten it, using Rush Cycle. This is about the only situation I've seen where Rush Cycle is particularly useful.

Also, at the very beginning, if you kick the Mega Ball into the clown head, you get a 1Up.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Clown Man: 1 of 5 - Once again, you could get four. The one in the barrel was the one you couldn't.

Right off the bat, if you kick the Mega Ball into the clown's mouth at the front gate, it'll spit out an extra life. Rush Bike's pretty cool for speeding through sections like the one with all the trains. You're totally right on the whole box thing. O is safe, X will hit you in one of a few ways, the skulls will flat out drop you, and the arrows will send you all the way back.

And for years, I didn't think you could jump over Clown Man's body when he's on the trapeze. Whoops. Outside of him bouncing around like a goof, that makes him pretty easy!
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Did anyone mention you can double, triple, etc. jump with the Mega Ball? It's easy to do, fun and useful. You just have to drop a ball when you're almost at the peak of your jump, and moving forward.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago Did anyone mention you can double, triple, etc. jump with the Mega Ball? It's easy to do, fun and useful. You just have to drop a ball when you're almost at the peak of your jump, and moving forward.
I brought it up nearly eight years ago. Don't want to show it now since it was done in tonight's stage. It's a crazy trick that takes a lot of practice, but it's so fun to do when you pull it off right.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago
I like the part where there's a synth solo with an organ sound and they have an animation of the kid playing it on a violin
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

The mm8 manual had a short explanation of each robot master. Like clown man for instance:
CLOWN MAN DW #060 Weapon: Thunder Claw

Dr. Wily rescued Clown Man from a cancelled science fiction TV show. Made from old sets and props, he displays the charisma of show business. The truth is Dr. Wily can't stop laughing at Clown Man's arms. This makes Clown Man especially proud of his arm span, which can extend over great distances, because he never got a laugh while on the show.
Dr wily loves Clown man, so much so he had enough parts for an extra robot master after he upgraded him
FROST MAN DW #062 Weapon: Ice Wave

When Wily bought parts to enhance Clown Man, he over did it. To use up those parts, he worked day and night to come up with Frost Man. He had so many more parts than he expected. So Wily built an ice machine right inside Frost Man. His most dangerous weapon is the Ice Wave, a quick blast of razor-sharp icicles that freezes and cuts through anything it touches.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Grenades are also known as "pineapples".
Pineapples grow on trees.
Dates grow on trees.
???
GrenadeMan throws dates at you.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Clown Man is a clown, but I've got to say I rather like "See you in my dreams!" as last words. It has punch, which is what we should expect from an opponent with such comically oversized arms.
Grounder

Re: W-Mega Man 8 - A Saturn for the Better

Post by Grounder »

please update the thread title now
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Tengu Man looks like a reject from the X series.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Fun fact don't use tornado hold on tengu man (in the refights later) if you don't want to be stuck forever and have to replay all of wily fortress!!!! :(
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

as a child i always looked at tengu man and just assumed based on his face that he was a hummingbird. only now do i finally realize that tengu is an actual thing, but in my heart he will always be an adorable hummingbird man
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Ometeotl wrote: 6 years ago Tengu Man looks like a reject from the X series.
The reject they liked so much they used him in two games.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

xnamkcor wrote: 6 years ago
Ometeotl wrote: 6 years ago Tengu Man looks like a reject from the X series.
The reject they liked so much they used him in two games.
And reused the idea virtually verbatim in six more.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago Fun fact don't use tornado hold on tengu man (in the refights later) if you don't want to be stuck forever and have to replay all of wily fortress!!!! :(
that seems like a slight oversight
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago
Leet wrote: 6 years ago Fun fact don't use tornado hold on tengu man (in the refights later) if you don't want to be stuck forever and have to replay all of wily fortress!!!! :(
It's not a glitch, it's a fourth wall breaking Easter egg. Like in 7.
Leet

Post by Leet »

What are you talking about
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Leet wrote: 6 years ago

What are you talking about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undocumented_feature
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

honestly it was really progressive of them to have a new villain instead of dr. wily for once, though wahwee doesn't really do much different
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Tengu Man: 2 of 4 - You couldn't get the second one.

Tengu Man is easy in terms of damage racing him, but you have to know his attacks. Thankfully, he only has three. You figured them all out pretty quickly. The reason why this guy is supposed to be fought first is he takes an extra bar of damage per shot. So instead of it being 1-2-3 for the pellet/low charge/full charge, it's 2-3-4. In advance, the second set of bots will follow the traditional style of fighting where it's 1-1-3 except for one where it's even less. With 40 HP, this could make them a bit harder to deal with.

All four of the weapons you have are pretty great, two of them for actually being utilities and weapons. I really like MM8 for the fact that they tried to do more with the weapons than just being weapons. It opens up the platforming a bit more. Helps that there's really only one or maybe two duds in the whole set.

Grounder wrote: 6 years agoplease update the thread title now
Tornado Hold?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
Grounder wrote: 6 years agoplease update the thread title now
Tornado Hold?
W-Mega Man 8.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...