(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Mega Man 4 - The Best Downfall Ever!

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I found several of the bosses in this game to be very tough compared to MM2/3 bosses, even with their weaknesses. I ended up using a lot of E-Tanks in the refight stage.

I think a lot of it is just the high contact damage. The fights I can do the most consistently are the ones where the boss isn't constantly jumping or walking into you. Even Dive Man's charging doesn't feel so cheap, just because it's an actual attack; the same goes for Drill Man attempting to pop up under your feet. But when he just walks into you while he's flinging Drill Bombs around and that does a big pile of damage, that feels ridiculous.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Money

Post by Money »

Apparently 6+ years is how long it takes to be a "medium sized length watcher".

Also your food song sequel doesn't have a little chipmunked mouth fart noise in it, 0/10
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I thought I had done Skull Man no-hit in my LP to demonstrate how rigid the pattern is, and I was right. It's two fights, one to explain what's going on and following the stage directly, the no-hit run comes afterwards. He's the poster child for my personal pet peeve with MM4's boss design.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Robot Masters simply walking into Mega Man is actually quite a common occurrence throughout the games; You'll see it some more here, and it comes back in the future titles plenty of times.

I feel that Mega Man 4 is a good title, but that it lacks some of the charm of 3. That being said, it's still one of my favorites.

While I don't understand why Skull Man's stage is so generous or completely lacks dinosaur enemies, the rest of its aspects is pretty solid. I don't think I tried to go for that second E-Tank too much; you don't need those E-tanks as desperately as in 2 or 3.

Lastly, we need a new remix of that food song based on this video. raocow has a fine taste in recognizing catchy tunes to hum along to...
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Skull Man's stage is a pretty special stage for me. It's the only thing I remember from when I played this game as a kid, though I only have vague memories of that. Also, I used to not really pay much attention to video game music, but one time while playing through this stage I stopped for a moment to listen to the music and thought "hey, that's pretty good". Now I greatly enjoy listening to video game music.

Fun fact about Skull Man: when you enter the boss room, he won't move if you don't press anything. Specifically, he won't do anything unless you press left, right, or the B button. That means you can jump in place, or even do what I like to do and slide right up to him.

Blue

Post by Blue »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago God dammit I just wanted to edit a paste-tense to present tense and got sniped 5 seconds before submitting my edit and now it has the hideous edit mark on it.
get owned, nerd
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I can't wait for the Mega Man III Dust Man video so we can look back at this one and laugh.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

y'know, if you really think about it, dust man is basically the skull man of robots. he's got a stage made out of their remains, uses remains as a weapon, etc etc. that's probably why his theme is so sad

i wish more was done with the whole gimmick of the red blocks rising up though. like raocow said the way they're used they're just glorified normal mega man jumps with a small wait
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

You don't even really need to wait, since you can just jump on them as they're forming.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I seem to recall Horikawa once referring to Dust Man as "Friggin' Trash Man". I like to think that was actually intended to be his official name, but they didn't have enough space under his portrait, so Dust Man it was.

(Also, raocow, you should really show off some of this game's many exciting Met variants instead of just blasting them in to oblivion before we can see what talents lie below the helmet. The dancing Met in particular is one of my favorites, and deserves its moment in the spotlight.)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The way RoahmMythril handles Ring Man's opening attack is "jump the ring, slide, jump over Ring Man". I had a lot of trouble with him, even using his weakness, until I started following that same opening. After that, he's more manageable because you have more control over your relative positioning.

(which is not to say I didn't get hit a bunch even after I got the hang of that opening)
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

When I first got the Anniversary Collection I tried playing them all in order to see how far I could get without a ton of effort and 4 was the first one I was able to beat. It was my first classic series victory, so the game is kinda special to me.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Man, that person in the comments who claimed that the Mega Man 4 music isn't any good is completely breadbaskets.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I found the gif of this series

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

welp!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

So how infuriating was PharaohMan

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

he's not that bad I don't think
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago So how infuriating was PharaohMan
I'll take a wager that it was Bright Man

and not knowing about the obscure HP trick so he never stops time

Edit: Unless we're talking about the gif that's totally getting added into the first post once I wake up tomorrow morning.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Nah, I meant in terms of fight difficulty. Bright Man's not a concern imo, at worst he should only ever land on you what, three times? And he'll never actually shoot you (unless he shoots you instead of landing on you), so if you go in with a full bar of health you're going to win.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Well that seemed to go really well after you popped the an E-Tank.

In the Battle Network universe, Pharaoh Man was like the be-all-end-all ultimate Net Navi. He appears in the first BN game as a secret boss who I've never actually fought (I only actually ever beat BN1 once in my life) as like the end of the post-game. And apparently in the anime he was also super mega powerful. I guess Capcom just thought Pharaoh Man was really cool.
Also he was basically a flying sarcophagus for some reason
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I always thought it was weird how they made it in the cartoon that he gained enemies powers by touching them. I always figured from the games that you got it after defeating a robot master/maverick because they're a robot and after you destroy them there's just a bunch of scrap parts laying all over and Mega Man just kinda hacks whatever applicable pieces onto himself.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago I always thought it was weird how they made it in the cartoon that he gained enemies powers by touching them. I always figured from the games that you got it after defeating a robot master/maverick because they're a robot and after you destroy them there's just a bunch of scrap parts laying all over and Mega Man just kinda hacks whatever applicable pieces onto himself.
Yeah, they kid-friendlied it up and made him into Cyber-Kirby (Copy Kitty?), basically. It's not actually a bad interpretation for a show where you want the robot antagonists to be recurring characters and not monsters-of-the-week that die in their first battle (but get rebuilt later because of reasons? The boss refights have never made much sense to me.)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

The explanation for the boss refights is:

It's end game and they want you to fight all the bosses again. 100% gameplay reasons. Story is an afterthought.