(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: Mega Man 3 - Classic Rock vs. Blues

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Shadow Man again.... the stage is a good deal more difficult than Spark Man's upon takeover. The only really hairy parts are those dogs and the red platforms. That is, besides the bosses. Doc Heat isn't much of an issue (though you do need to be more careful with positioning this time around), but Doc Wood... yuck. He always gave me trouble. That shield takes really good timing to dodge, and those falling leaves are also no joke. raocow did not have the best time dodging him comparatively, but he takes 3 full passes to beat with a buster duel. And you can cross him over when he's close to the edge of the screen, but it's very difficult.

As for the Needle Man revisit, it's the inverse of what we've seen so far. The bosses are both pretty simple compared to the rest, which are Doc Air and Doc Crash. Neither of them are affected by the larger hitbox much, and Doc Crash can even be locked in a good pattern, as the video shows. It's the stage that's the real issue... and mostly for managing Rush Jet so you aren't down a creek without a paddle. It's notable the the screen also wraps from top to bottom over that big pit. Obviously, you can't jump in, but you can collect powerups on the bottom of the screen from the top of the screen... I believe it's the last Mega Man game that this particular glitch shows up in.
Last edited by Zephyr_DragonLord 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

recently i played a hack that reduced the lag in this game (among other changes) and it's kinda shocking how big of a change it is, and it begs the question why the game is so laggy in the first place. the nes can handle these things as shown by megamen 4-6 so did they just screw up on this one?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Divemissile wrote: 6 years ago recently i played a hack that reduced the lag in this game (among other changes) and it's kinda shocking how big of a change it is, and it begs the question why the game is so laggy in the first place. the nes can handle these things as shown by megamen 4-6 so did they just screw up on this one?
They were really rushed for time and had a new director come in for this one on top of that.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

In Mega Man Battle Network 3, one of the scenarios involves a new internet-connected dishwasher that ends up being a ploy by Dr Wily to get a bunch of people to buy them, before it traps the owner in bubbles that eventually explode, killing the person inside. The dishwashers are controlled by Bubble Man.EXE whom you chase around the internet until he eventually hides behind a giant bubble, so you have to chase down some of Bubble Man's henchmen to get a needle to pop it so you can fight him.

I'm not making any of this up, I swear.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Hmm. In my memory, the Doc Robot stages were totally trashed in terms of æsthetics, but it seems in practice the damage is smaller than I recalled and limited to specific areas (primarily the latter parts of the stage). Really, Shadow Man's stage doesn't look to have any (external) damage at all, just a general decrease in the productivity of the factory. I mean, they all still have something of an uncanny vibe to them, but it's more subtle than I seem to recall; only Needle Man's stage seems to go for something that feels completely different from the original. How memory does deceive.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Deathstroke, raocow. The guy who defeated The Flash by making him run into a sword is called Deathstroke, not Deathstrike.

I will never not be confused by everything about Break Man.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

He's someone that doesn't want his true identity to be known. Man, reminds me how good the now canned Archie comic adaptation was for MM3, to be honest.
AlchemistHohenheim

He's doing kind of a bad job of hiding his identity then, considering he didn't bother wearing the stupid mask the first three times he showed up.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

As a side note, the Battle Network games did some really, REALLY, wacky things with some of the robot masters. That above example is just one of the stranger ones...

...raocow, I can't help but laugh at how much you utterly disrespect that stage. That being said, this is far and away the easiest of the revisit stages. Gemini Man revisited doesn't do terribly much to challenge you (and is even a superb life farm), besides Doc Flash, who's harder by being larger. That being said, you just dodge him initially, and take the higher ground to do it with low health loss.

I wonder who Break man might be, oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh....
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years agoHe's doing kind of a bad job of hiding his identity then, considering he didn't bother wearing the stupid mask the first three times he showed up.
Well, his look for the whole game was supposed to be Break Man until he undoes the mask, but that's another thing that was cut out. If he did just show up as Break Man as intended, you'd probably think he was just an advanced Sniper Joe.

https://tcrf.net/Mega_Man_3_(NES)

There you go. Mega Man 3 is a very long article compared to some of the others.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

i know ive crapped on megaman 3 a lot, but i actually really enjoy the gemini man doc robot stage a lot. something about it just feels well designed, it's hard to explain. i wish rush jet wasn't so broke in this game, a proper rush marine-only section would be nice!

also you better spend a whole video on break man raocow to get the proper experience
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago
AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years agoHe's doing kind of a bad job of hiding his identity then, considering he didn't bother wearing the stupid mask the first three times he showed up.
Well, his look for the whole game was supposed to be Break Man until he undoes the mask, but that's another thing that was cut out. If he did just show up as Break Man as intended, you'd probably think he was just an advanced Sniper Joe.

https://tcrf.net/Mega_Man_3_(NES)

There you go. Mega Man 3 is a very long article compared to some of the others.
Considering this game's development schedule, this isn't very surprising.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Divemissile wrote: 6 years ago
also you better spend a whole video on break man raocow to get the proper experience
that was always the plan
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Money

Post by Money »

Since we're coming up on the end of Megaman 3, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest you play Wily Tower (from Wily Wars) after you're done with it. It'd be a real fitting cap to the first three games.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Someone would probably have to provide a save file, cause don't you have to beat all 3 games in Wily Wars before unlocking Wily Tower?
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago
Divemissile wrote: 6 years ago
that was always the plan
Here's hoping he tried all of the different boss weapons to find out Break Man's weakness.
nothing works on him except the regular buster
Money

Post by Money »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago Someone would probably have to provide a save file, cause don't you have to beat all 3 games in Wily Wars before unlocking Wily Tower?
There are save states p readily available for that if you just google for them
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

shit i didnt actually expect you to give break man his own video
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

good video
Giik

Post by Giik »

wow raocow i didn't know you had that kind of endurance gosh what a marathon
AlchemistHohenheim

Man I can't believe Break Man was so tough. Congratulations on that hard-fought victory, raocow.

On a different note, I finally bought Mega Man Legacy Collection. As a result, I have learned that the pickaxe dudes in Guts Man's stage are called Pickelman, and that weird...eye thing in Cut Man/Bomb Man/Ice Man's stage is apparently named Adhering Suzy. I'm not sure how yet, but I think this information has changed my life.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The sub-one minute dream is dead.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

To be fair, he did take Break Man down in like 30 seconds, he just talked a bit which made it over 1 minute!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Dr Light wasted like half the video whining about his silly string
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

raocow's videos are too long, watch mine