(shouting)

YUMP - Yeah! UTrue MTalkhaus Production

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: MPYU - Mario Party: Yacht Universe

Post by Super Maks 64 »

World 4 is really weird,

its paths lead to worlds 5, 6 and 7 (assuming cave is world 3 and overgrow chateau is the end of world 2)(and also assuming that the sky is world 5, concrete jungle is the start of world 6 and that grassy plains 4 is the start of world 7)

Lazy_
druine

Re: MPYU - Mario Party: Yacht Universe

Post by Lazy_ »

CHOCO SPIKE HOUSE
This was inspired by a segment in the second half of The Depraved Stronghold:
(and the top route of the next segment, which raocow did not take). The palettes used to be clean and boring, but I made them more janky. The level was also originally more difficult, but it was toned down to the point where people could attempt to do it first try. QubicTom and raocow almost did.
Jurassic Temple
Jurassic is a misnomer because Yoshi is actually a horse. The idea for the smashing layer 2 water came from another idea the author had in another hack they're working on (pretty specific I know right). The lava part of the level makes fun of designers that try to place sprites to make their level difficult, but they end up falling into pits right away and the result is super easy.
This level used to be a lot more clean until I went and removed the GFX bypass. It actually it looks better now.
Super Maks 64 wrote: World 4 is really weird,

its paths lead to worlds 5, 6 and 7 (assuming cave is world 3 and overgrow chateau is the end of world 2)(and also assuming that the sky is world 5, concrete jungle is the start of world 6 and that grassy plains 4 is the start of world 7)

it's best not to think about yump's ow in terms of worlds. everything is far too spread out. also, the signs and the castle messages often contradict themselves
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Re: MPUY - Metroid Prime: Ultimate Yoga

Post by Crow »

why didn't jurassic temple have a midpoint. it desperately needed one
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

YUMP is the game where I'll never really complain about lack of midpoint because I kinda expect that
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

lacking a midpoint is less "funny bad level design" and more "bad bad level design" tbh
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

funny or not... I expect that
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
zagesaw

Post by zagesaw »

Maybe midpoint technology didn't exist in the Jurassic period?
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Maybe it's just the sniffles. raocow played exceptionally well in neon city and castle of the seriously fear, but today's episode saw some amateur mistakes.

Well, off to North Korea we go.
Mosts Awards:
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago why didn't jurassic temple have a midpoint. it desperately needed one
As far as levels that "desperately need midpoints" go, this is far from the worst anyways. The second half of that level looks fairly easy to do and doesn't really contain any surprises, so it's not unrealistic to complete that on the first attempt.

Normally I'd still say it could use a midpoint, if it weren't YUMP.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

It was really much more hilarious than it should have been for raocow to die mere pixels from both goals today. (Counting it as mere pixels for the second level since the jump was the last obstacle.) Especially after that great first run of the first level followed by like a dozen deaths.
Koopster
judge of u

Post by Koopster »

Already in North Korea we can expect some one level video boys 👀

I've done some of the loop in the right side of the moon house and my conclusion is that the world layout really makes no sense
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

I wouldn't be surprised if neon city and nuclear facility were made by the same person - this is essentially neon city of forest path (as opposed to cave path). Unlike neon city, nuclear facility was never fixed during development, and it was one of earliest levels made for this collab, back when it was designed to be played with savestates.
huge contrast between these two levels
And yet they were made by the same person. Go figure. It shows how different levels can be even made by the same level designer.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Lazy_
druine

Post by Lazy_ »

CLIMB OF DEATH
The level's author hates the MM2 Wily 1 theme so they picked it for this level ironically.
I added the moon after pointing out it would be cool to put something down there if you dragged a mushroom scale all the way down.
nuclear facility
The quintessential youtube level.

The name is just a comment on the palette, since it looks bad and really green and green = nuclear obviously. The background is just the castle background but in the wrong tileset. It adds to the hellscape nature of the level. The message box is just the author imagining that some 9 year old child who just discovered lunar magic (and swear words) was making the level. They also hit the sprite limit when making this level so that's why it's just a few muncher jumps and a chuck at the end.
at the start of the project, stuff like nuclear facility was considered the ideal level. over time, the focus shifted towards making more legitimate levels like CLIMB OF DEATH. this is partly thanks to worldpeace joining in. we kept the old levels because we felt that we needed something to justify the title of "youtube hack". it's unfortunate but honestly I think it's just a part of the experience. there are six (6) more levels like this (uncreative spammy garbage) so stay tuned for that
Last edited by Lazy_ 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
zagesaw

Re: MUPY - My Unknown Patented Yarn

Post by zagesaw »

I feel like this wouldn't be Youtubed Up Mario Party without at least some legit youtube levels.

The blatant spammy level edits are also my least favorite levels to play, but I'm pretty sure that is the whole point. Some levels are actually trying to be as terrible as possible. Some levels are just not fun to play, not even ironically.
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

yeah, i mean the original goal of this hack was to make something that just made people upset to play. that was like the entire protonjon hack experience - watching someone get mad and exasperated at dumb content. when i pitched this idea i didnt plan for it to be as big it was tho, so a lot of these trash levels were back when i first suggested the idea. lazy took control of it and people like lolyoshi and worldpeace and ft made a lot more interesting playing levels, which definitely changed the focus yump had.

but, at the end of the day, i still feel like yump isnt really supposed to be that good. it does some pretty wild things here and there, but you shouldn't really expect it to blow you away. it's just supposed to be a frustrating dumb youtube hack that ends up having some really neat ideas sprinkled in. we warned you about lping it lmao, and this is still not as bad as the hack gets. i am anticipating a lot of angrycow in this series!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

raocow you cursed yourself when you started talking about how it's a great game and you don't understand why there's so much controversy over it being on smwcentral.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I remember raocow (giving as the reason that he wouldn't lp chaos complexx) that 'garbage is still garbage'. I don't remember azurebade or protonjon playing levels like this, but as I don't know who azureblade is and as all I remember of protonjon is kaizo mario and that mushroom thing (and these certainly weren't garbage) this is not surprising. At least these levels will not be too common (I can only think of one more full level and some segments here and there).
dont wanna jihad no more
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

There were some very raocow deaths in today's video.
Crow

Post by Crow »

complains about the second level not having any midpoint
Alice

Post by Alice »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years agoImage
Takes a lot of talent to snipe yourself, let alone with a torpedo, lol. Also takes a lot of talent to somehow repeatedly clip into the wall while spin jumping and keep getting yourself killed.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

this is necessary also
Mosts Awards:
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Alright raocow, make your visit to North Korea quick and short. You never know if Trump decides to nuke it tomorrow.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years agoAlright raocow, make your visit to North Korea quick and short. You never know if Trump decides to nuke it tomorrow.
Knowing raocow he'll manage to accidentally glitch himself into the Kim residence or something and get himself detained for trying to overthrow the government.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

But the map music is North Korean propaganda. Why would raocow be jailed for being such a patriotic proletariat?
Mosts Awards: