(shouting)

YUMP - Yeah! UTrue MTalkhaus Production

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: UPMY - Uncle Proton's Monthly Yawn

Post by Ivy »

I'm just sitting tight until we finally get the opportunity to explore Hello!... and, good-bye!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lazy_ »

raocow can already enter the door, it doesn't require anything from later on in the game. he just hasn't figured out how yet

is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
Zinfandel

Re: YUMP - Youtube'd Up Mario Party

Post by Zinfandel »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago Wario Land 3 is next after this, right?
TSRP2R
I know this is a few days late, but:

I've been waiting for and hoping that you'd LP TSRP2R ever since it came out! I'm extremely hyped. Thanks raocow, and thanks patreon voters!
Bean
Yep.

Re: YUMP - Youtube'd Up Mario Party

Post by Bean »

"Curse you, Powercats!" is still one of my all-time favorite moments. I didn't even know that one finally got the Reloaded treatment. Neato.

This hack is also neato in its silly ways, but that difficulty curve just shot up like a rocket today.
Lazy_
druine

Post by Lazy_ »

Mankey Boardwalk
The level name is, of course, a reference to Manky Bridge. The intention was to make the player fear this level upon hearing the name when in reality it's super easy. The level itself basically makes fun of levels that attempt to do something fun and unique, but something went horribly wrong in the process, and it just ends up being silly. So the designer here obviously just discovered how to place rope conveyors in lunar magic and did not realize that the player can simply butt slide on the slopes from the autoscroller and survive almost everything.
Fun fact: another member of the YUMP team beat this entire level without pressing left or right.
gj
This level was made by two authors. One made the first room, the other the second room. The two rooms were indepenendently made and originally were their own levels, but because they were so similar, we decided to merge them into one level.

The level itself is heavily based on Z from VIP2. The name is both a proposed translation for Z as well as the first letters of the two authors' names. The level was specifically designed for console controllers after the author noticed raocow had problems with the message system in MaGL X2.

The obstacle with the coin guide is based on this. Also, the hammer brothers near the end of the first half were deliberately placed to trigger the platform-warping glitch.
overgrow chateau
The name is stolen from a VLDCX level. This level is honestly better than some other levels the author had made in non ironic contexts. It's just that layer 2 vines are really awkward to work with sometimes.
You can actually get over the level and run over it, but it's pointless because you can't get back down from it. In the beta version, the midpoint didn't work but this was fixed it at the last second. The boss also used to be a little harder. Not much else to say.
I think raocow should do the cave path first before venturing into north korea. both because the levels in nk get pretty hard and because there's a more efficient life farm at the end of the cave path.
Last edited by Lazy_ 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
zagesaw

Post by zagesaw »

I view North Korea as World 4 and Cave as World 3, so I would agree to do Cave World first. There are only 2 levels in Cave World that might be troublesome.

North Korea is probably my favorite world of the hack though.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: PUMY - Please Uncover My Yardsale

Post by ft029 »

gj stands for gbreeze JustinTAS

(jk--just kidding)
Mosts Awards:
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

oh dear neon city next

angrycow warning

This is I feel is one of two of WORST stages in the entire game, so figured you would want to know about this.

Feel free to use savestates, I'm fairly sure you can deal with it, but if it annoys you too much, I approve of doing so.
zagesaw

Post by zagesaw »

I mostly feel the same way about YUMP and I am serious about it being one of the better hacks I've played lately for similar reasons you stated in today's video. It's also harder for me to get mad at YUMP knowing that the hack isn't meant to be taken seriously, unlike other serious hacks that I've played recently. I was hoping for it to get featured on smwcentral but looks like enough people are opposed of it getting featured and it's very understandable why.

neon city was one of the World 3 levels where I mentioned where the difficulty starts to pick up. I personally didn't find the level nearly as bad or as difficult as many other levels later in the hack if you take your time though. There is another world 3 level that gave me a way harder time.
Koopster
judge of u

Post by Koopster »

I agree that neon city isn't that bad

despite not having suceeded to cheese the secret exit, which I'm sure is possible

honestly yeah, amongst the mess that this hack is, there's some really great design in it. I feel it's a bit too early to judge the entire hack though, as harder stuff was naturally placed later in the game and there definitely are very bad hard levels (I'm one of the culprits :()

The controversy this has caused for being temporarily featured in the Central is kind of dumb but at the same time, not very surprising. Some people really don't like JUMP and JUMP-styled things for some reason, as if it's some heresy to the more traditional hacks or something.
warpio

Re: PMUY - Paper Mario Ultra Yarn

Post by warpio »

Every so often, I start to wonder if raocow has gotten to point where he's played every single combination of obstacles and enemies that is possible to produce in SMW romhacking... but then games like this come and prove that theory wrong... it's insane how people can still manage be creative with this engine even after all this time.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Oh my god, I just realized at the end there that the cave music is Radio Ga Ga.

I thought I recognized the DUDUDUDUDUDUDU from the beginning because that's all we really listened to before, but for some reason I thought it might have just been the bassline to some other cave music or something.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow, music for the first level is this:

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I wonder in what context I heard this before
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

probably this
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow.

Upgrade to Windows 7.

Please
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

that would explain it!

also, tomorrow is the video of the infamous 'neon city'. How did it go ?!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago that would explain it!

also, tomorrow is the video of the infamous 'neon city'. How did it go ?!
I'm not expecting you had too much trouble unless you tried to cheese the secret exit, the level is definitely not as hard as some people are making it out to be. It is garbage regardless.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago raocow.
Upgrade to Windows 7.
Please
I don't know if your referring to the fact that some consider windows 7 to be better than windows 10, but he already has the latter
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

I'm kinda curious what raocow's top 20 Romhacks are, now. Like I assume the TSRP games and the VIPs are probably included, but that only accounts for like 8 slots.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

raocow will always be the best let's player because he says (and no one else ever would say) things like 'I wonder if you can kill the invisible warp sprite with an earthquake' or 'this game would slot into my list of the top twenty greatest ever smw rom hacks'.
dont wanna jihad no more
Lazy_
druine

Post by Lazy_ »

into the dark valley...
The name is based on a custom song that isn't actually used in this level. The author was bored so this level just kinda came into existence. Obviously a reference to HOW DOES MOLES from VLDC8. The idea behind using 1F0 was that the hypothetical level maker thought that the upside down bridges in map16 were decoration but then saw the moles got stuck on it.
You can actually beat the moles to the midpoint, as shown on the title screen. This level was decided to be the best fit for a title screen level late into development, especially since it looks a lot more innocent than the rest of YUMP.
5 Podoboo Jumps in a Row
This level was made by someone who normally doesn't make levels. They just mentioned the idea for this level in the chatroom and we encouraged them to make it. Naturally, it's a shoutout to the podoboo jumps in Depraved Stronghold.

The message box is a lie; it's actually 1 with a cape.
burp
The first half of this level was created in 6 minutes. Idol said that the level didn't have enough substance or something, so the author added a second half and also made minor edits to the first half. The second half took like 25 minutes to make because they playtested it way more than the first half, and they weren't in a rush. In the part with the throw blocks and three puffas, it's easy to destroy the first two throw blocks and use the last to kill all 3 in a clean swoop.
BLARRRRR VOLCANO
Made in about 25 minutes, this level was inspired by postmodern cavern (JUMP1/2). The going under very high podoboos thing was inspired by Gah! 2's final level. Some people think this level is like Medusa's Lair, but the author doesn't think so. The second mushroom that falls in the lava after you press the P-switch is a troll. Most people get past the P-switch race very quickly, and they wait in front of the brown blocks where there are 3 hidden blarggs. It's funny when a streamer dies to that :P
meanwhile over on smwc everyone's getting FUCKING MAD over this hack
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I enjoyed myself while playing this, but afterwards I got to thinking and I realised that the people who made it had been massively irresponsible. They could have spent the months of intensive testing and development they devoted to this shitty hack on more worthwhile things: reading a book, making a different hack, learning a foreign language, orienteering, or cultivating a beautiful garden. How many petunias never bloomed because of YUMP? Think of that the next time you boot up your Nintendo Entertainment System.
dont wanna jihad no more
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I can confirm raocow has Windows 10. I think he and I both upgraded around the same time. I also remember finding for him that tool that allows him to play GM6 games.

I think I got the same update as him last night as well.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

I had windows 7, and my computer restarted yesterday. Lost a game of civilization.

@morsel: First, it's volunteering, not orienteering. Also, speaking of gardening: (this is not YUMP by the way)
Last edited by ft029 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mosts Awards: