(shouting)

Mᴀʀɪᴏ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʟᴜɪɢɪ: Iɴ Pᴜʀsᴜɪᴛ ᴏғ Lᴜɪɢɪ

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mᴀʀɪᴏ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʟᴜɪɢɪ: Iɴ Pᴜʀsᴜɪᴛ ᴏғ Lᴜɪɢɪ

Post by Ivy »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago Read Leet's signature, it kinda sums up this hack
Yeah the Blood Ghoul from Space Funeral has some pretty enlightening insight on this matter
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

deepest lore
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

So, Hack 4, or YUMP?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Whoa! Nobody told me Cameron Mitchell was in this game!
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

Aww man, the hack was actually starting to pick up a bit there. Hopefully the author can take what was learned from this experience and apply it to a more complete future endeavor.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So did anyone figure out the title gimmick for this series? I feel like I have some ideas but I can't quite put my finger on what it was.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Too bad a hack needs dumb gimmicks and/or a supercharged difficulty before the end of world 1 to be considered "memorable".
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ometeotl wrote: 6 years ago Too bad a hack needs dumb gimmicks and/or a supercharged difficulty before the end of world 1 to be considered "memorable".
do you know how to count to three?

because that was three worlds of almost nada
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean. Give it a month and few will be those who even remembered this game was even played, let alone recollect any part of it.
This is not something 'bad', I think I need to add. It's okay for a short game to simply be, and provide a fun little 'thing'. But yes.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

raocow wrote: 6 years agothings
why was your chosen title phrase 'still life' anyway
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

to make a long story short: a while back for another game I had considered naming a series after paintings, and was amused by how even by just looking at one artist's work, there was like a ton of lesser known paintings that where just called 'still life'. So I knew that at some point I was going to have a series with that as the only single title.

The thing though is that I knew it had to be a series that's not too long, but still like more than just two or three episodes for the title joke to 'work'. When I saw the amount of exits in Mario x Waluigi, plus the weird way Waluigi works in the fandom, it felt perfect.

So yeah. This is an idea I've been saving up since the very start of the year, basically.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Schmiggety
Special Edition
First name: First name: First name:

Post by Schmiggety »

I probably won't remember anything about this game, but I'll definitely remember how raocow never switched to waluigi.

August 4, 2017, never forgetti. Rest in spaghetti Waluigi
Wah
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago to make a long story short: a while back for another game I had considered naming a series after paintings, and was amused by how even by just looking at one artist's work, there was like a ton of lesser known paintings that where just called 'still life'. So I knew that at some point I was going to have a series with that as the only single title.

The thing though is that I knew it had to be a series that's not too long, but still like more than just two or three episodes for the title joke to 'work'. When I saw the amount of exits in Mario x Waluigi, plus the weird way Waluigi works in the fandom, it felt perfect.

So yeah. This is an idea I've been saving up since the very start of the year, basically.
it also indirectly acted as a sort of judgement of the game! like as we were saying, not a whole lot of variation and a lot of largely static levels with a couple of enemies across the whole of World 1 and 2.
Mea

Post by Mea »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: it also indirectly acted as a sort of judgement of the game! like as we were saying, not a whole lot of variation and a lot of largely static levels with a couple of enemies across the whole of World 1 and 2.
still life paintings have a lot of invisible energy and life to them though, also partially captured by the oxymoron in the name itself.

I think a mario level that was designed to invoke still life painting aesthetics would be super cool and artistic. Not sure what it would look like. Maybe like, small static micro screens of a nice, complimenting set of enemies and tiles.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Mea wrote: 6 years ago still life paintings have a lot of invisible energy and life to them though, also partially captured by the oxymoron in the name itself.
Maybe to a perceptive artist, or when done by a true master of the art, but I've seen a lot of mediocre paintings of fruit with that name...
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

well this hack happened i guess
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

My working theory on the naming scheme was that they were all named after paintings by a specific artist, and either raocow had picked an artist with enough paintings called "Still Life" to cover the entire series, or else one day would randomly have a different painting name to identify the artist.