(shouting)

Fly'N 'til the very end!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Fly'N 'til the very end!

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 6 years ago, edited 52 times in total.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Fly'N away to a new game

Post by SAJewers »

For those wondering, game takes ~8 1/2 to beat.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

This game looks cool but I'm iffy on platformers that ask you to collect ALL the doohickies. Also the PC reminds me of a silverfish even though they obviously don't have wings.

That's all I got.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I didn't know anything about this game until now, it looks really pretty.

How hard is it to fully complete levels, in general? Games like this can sometimes be really picky about that, usually by having excessively tight time limits.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Also the villain is a hairdryer because of course it is
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

this game sure is happening so far

also the framerate is kinda weird outside of the menus
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Mata Hari wrote: 6 years ago This game looks cool but I'm iffy on platformers that ask you to collect ALL the doohickies. Also the PC reminds me of a silverfish even though they obviously don't have wings.

That's all I got.
My main problem is that, the game seems to be atmospheric and free-flowing, but completing those tasks is something more suited to a precise game (with easily parsable graphics). It's a two minded thing.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

1. there's literally no reason to collect all the seeds or orbs unless you want achievements/picture unlocks iirc so don't stress too much about it but it's at least worth attempting to just if it gets to be too frustrating then don't. there's at least a few levels where they dickishly place an orb or seed in a place where you have one chance to collect it and then you have to restart the level, and they like doing this near the end of levels too so yeah it's not worth it imo
2. but please do make sure to unlock all the bonus levels (not dying in the chase levels) they're kind of janky but worth playing

okay anyways here's a game i really like? i'm really surprised this showed up on the patreon poll before i was a patapon of raocow but i'm glad it's here i do like this game a lot & have played it through several times

i haven't actually watched the vid yet though i'll do that in a bit but yeah
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Going from my half remembered experience of the game from a few years back, getting 100 percent doesn't really seem to do anything in terms of progression. It very much just seems like "A thing you can do if you want to" and maybe you get an achievement.

There is one thing that it's recommended raocow does, but I'll mention it when we get there.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

I got this game as part of a Humble Weekly Bundle back in 2014 when those were still a thing.

From what I remember it didn't do anything to really hook me, so I pretty much played it just long enough to get all its steam trading card drops and then moved on to the next thing.

Guess I'll at least get to see what I missed out on.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

This looks really pretty, but yeah mirroring what others have said, the framerate during gameplay seems very juddery for some reason?
Crow

Post by Crow »

okay now that i've seen the video:

the only things that matter for getting the orb are getting all the seeds, regardless of anything else. dying and time don't matter at all so don't worry about them. "technically" it counts getting all the flowers as part of it but they always spawn seeds so you have to get them all to get the seeds anyways.

and please, PLEASE turn the audio up, the soundtrack to this game is absolutely gorgeous and worth hearing omg
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago 1. there's literally no reason to collect all the seeds or orbs unless you want achievements/picture unlocks iirc so don't stress too much about it but it's at least worth attempting to just if it gets to be too frustrating then don't. there's at least a few levels where they dickishly place an orb or seed in a place where you have one chance to collect it and then you have to restart the level, and they like doing this near the end of levels too so yeah it's not worth it imo
2. but please do make sure to unlock all the bonus levels (not dying in the chase levels) they're kind of janky but worth playing

okay anyways here's a game i really like? i'm really surprised this showed up on the patreon poll before i was a patapon of raocow but i'm glad it's here i do like this game a lot & have played it through several times

i haven't actually watched the vid yet though i'll do that in a bit but yeah
Important thing to note: I don't believe manually pressing the "return to last checkpoint" button counts as a death.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i was gonna try and wait for mr. the cow to figure that one out on his own, but no, it doesn't count as a death
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah like next video is gonna be like this one but on my next recording session I'll see if it's better with higher fps and with a larger game window. unforseen things from changing my production chain.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Re: Fly'N from bubble loop to bubble loop

Post by Crow »

so yeah i said this previously but to make it clear:

getting through the chase levels without dying (regardless of whether or not you collect everything) nets you a bonus level (from the hub - there's an entire area off to the side raocow hasn't found yet). this also does things at the end of the level like break the blocks raocow commented on.

also, there is more than one world, & it'll be very obvious when you're on the final world, but beyond that i'm not going to say much about game length. though i don't forsee this being a particularly long series if raocow doesn't go and collect everything
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Just noticed, but is there a reason why the videos are max 480p?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: Fly'N 'n' float'n

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Oh boy, one level video already. Anyone who's played this wanna try guesstimating total number of episodes?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago Oh boy, one level video already. Anyone who's played this wanna try guesstimating total number of episodes?
too many
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I'm going to wager somewhere around 40 parts, give or take. This is the worst case scenario however.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago Just noticed, but is there a reason why the videos are max 480p?
my video processing to get this at 60fps makes it so I can't scale the video, so I end up uploading the video at the size I recorded. Tomorrow's video I finally got to have youtube accept as HD
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

30-35ish I'd say though maybe a few less if raocow doesn't unlock/play the bonus stages
Crow

Post by Crow »

also you've already done it like a dozen times so this isn't a spoiler but to get that stuff you couldn't get to:
you can always jump twice. this includes when you walk off a ledge. to get in there you have to walk off the box & glide then jump twice. this becomes mandatory to do by some point in the game i'm pretty sure
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

This game sure does kind of exist, I guess.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ometeotl wrote: 6 years ago This game sure does kind of exist, I guess.
I'm kinda concerned that's gonna be the general sentiment around Aquaria as well, and even Ori to a degree (but I know Ori has lots of variation and general goodness so I'm looking forward to that).