(shouting)

Fly'N 'til the very end!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Fly'N in the city of the electric potatoes

Post by SAJewers »

"Everything's a Baked Potato if you think about it hard enough" - raocow
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

now I want to eat a baked potato

this is entirely your fault raocow
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

for the record, you can't jump after using the rocket
at least i think this is the case? i remember this being the case and raocow seemed to demonstrate this well today
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Crow

Re: Fly'N up the galactic stovepipe

Post by Crow »

this level. both one of the best and one of the worst.
best in casual play (and i think, the longest in the game two)
worst going for collection completion because of a thing literally right before the very end that you have one shot at & it's very hard to pull off, especially with like 10 minutes of pressure building up
they really didn't want you to break the level though because all the extra orbs are in the windstream out of the level & you can't get to them any earlier than that
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Re: Fly'N around the box smashing factory

Post by tangy »

Im not gonna lie this games whole flow and artstyle and stuff reminds me a ton of Rayman Origins
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Grounder

Re: Fly'N up the final rapid ascent

Post by Grounder »

and the game continues to go
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow

Post by Crow »

looks like this will round out at an even 40 vids.
tomorrow is probably the hardest level in the game & another of the better bonus levels
& the final boss will obviously be its own vid
KirbyComment

Post by KirbyComment »

I love how raocow saw this action called "Chirp" at the beginning of the game in the control settings and he never used it. He should try to use it because you can sing with the other creatures too!
Crow

Re: Fly'N into the tiny universe

Post by Crow »

i always remember that level as harder & longer than it actually is tbh

next time: it ends
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

KirbyComment wrote: 6 years ago I love how raocow saw this action called "Chirp" at the beginning of the game in the control settings and he never used it. He should try to use it because you can sing with the other creatures too!
i'm guessing only blue gets to do something with their singing still?
KirbyComment

Re: Fly'N into the tiny universe

Post by KirbyComment »

Depends on whether he already finished the game by now. Also the chirping is more so minor singing. You just get to hear their voices. I don't even think chirping has any use in the game.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Fly'N 'til the very end!

Post by Alice »

So is the moral of the story that you can blow all the hot air you want but it doesn't mean you're going to accomplish anything?
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

hey cowrao, dyer's got like, a minigame on newgrounds or something, you should look for it and do like 5 minutes or something
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Rao often mentions that indie platformer LPs like this don't have big audiences. I'm stoked that he does them anyway, because they're my favorite. The VVVVVV LP was what introduced me to the channel, I think.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ditocoaf wrote: 6 years agoRao often mentions that indie platformer LPs like this don't have big audiences. I'm stoked that he does them anyway, because they're my favorite. The VVVVVV LP was what introduced me to the channel, I think.
It actually seems a bit strange in my opinion. His non-SMW/SMBX lps always get a fair bit fewer views but this one looks to have averaged around 10% of the views of Yump.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
Ditocoaf wrote: 6 years agoRao often mentions that indie platformer LPs like this don't have big audiences. I'm stoked that he does them anyway, because they're my favorite. The VVVVVV LP was what introduced me to the channel, I think.
It actually seems a bit strange in my opinion. His non-SMW/SMBX lps always get a fair bit fewer views but this one looks to have averaged around 10% of the views of Yump.
I haven't bothered to add up the total views for the whole series or anything, but I don't think it's as low as 10%:
Just eyeballing the recent numbers I'd say it's closer to 25% of YUMP's viewership, though of course that's still very low. Game just gives a poor first impression, I think, so a lot of people weren't that inclined to stick around.
Alice

Post by Alice »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years agoI haven't bothered to add up the total views for the whole series or anything, but I don't think it's as low as 10%:
Just eyeballing the recent numbers I'd say it's closer to 25% of YUMP's viewership, though of course that's still very low. Game just gives a poor first impression, I think, so a lot of people weren't that inclined to stick around.
Yup, looks like I was off. I'd checked view amounts quite awhile before reading Ditocoaf's post (actually specifically because it seemed that only ~200ish views after something like 8-10 hours seemed low) so my numbers were a bit out of date. Though I was thinking it was closer to 300 at the time and 3000 for the other videos anyways so I'd have been off either way.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I really enjoyed this LP. The game has a nice laid back feel, and it takes presentation very seriously, both of which I appreciate. The level design started to pick up pretty well by the end too. The bonus levels were kind of awkwardly incorporated and were definitely hit-or-miss, and the whole thing about them spoiling a lot of stuff early in the game was a bit unfortunate. Other than that, though, it was a fun series to watch.