(shouting)

Let's Play YUMP - 40 - I guess the level is unbeatable now??

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 23 - One Red Herring

Post by ft029 »

Troy wrote: 6 years ago puzzle level

I'm to the yellow yoshi in the stupid steed level it feels like I'm trapped there (and missing something obvious)

Solution to puzzle:

spit and swallow the shells repeatedly until the p switch timer runs out

Mosts Awards:
Troy

Post by Troy »

I dunno why I didn't try that! Thanks :lol:
Troy

Post by Troy »

So update for.. i dunno parallelism i guess. Turtle rock vineyard is a very fun puzzle level, just got the midpoint after quite the time smashing mario's face against cement. athletic 4 sure was, well a level. I've been playing for too long today
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 24 - duuuuuumb water

Post by QubicTom »

Oh hey, I found time to record 3 episodes with a cape while travelling for work! Here's the first!
Ep24 - duuuuuumb water
Grounder

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 24 - duuuuuumb water

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 25 - The Three Little Glitches

Post by ft029 »

dampit

I play the cello. This thing is used to keep the instrument humid so it doesn't crack and stuff. It looks a lot like the wall springboard. I would say to my stand partner "oh no I dropped the green springy thingy", etc.

It is possible to get the overworld to get really weird palettes if you touch the goal orb just right.
The first room of "dead plumbers society" was breakable too, and I volunteered to make it less breakable (very minor fixes).
Mosts Awards:
Troy

Post by Troy »

I hit a wall at the worlds hardest game (haha) not sure what time means either. Man, hell sure is confusing
all these keys in my mouth.jpg
all these keys in my mouth.jpg (73.97 KiB) Viewed 5687 times
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Troy wrote: 6 years ago I hit a wall at the worlds hardest game (haha) not sure what time means either
Hey dude, thanks for coming to the thread, I'm glad you're enjoying the game! One small request - when you're asking for help/advice, could you put images/questions in spoiler tags? I want to keep my playthrough as blind as possible :D thank you!

Back from the two weeks of work around Asia. There wasn't a single night I got to sleep before 2am, due to work. South Korea and Vietnam get a thumbs up, Japan a thumbs down. The Japanese factory kept me there from 8.30am until 11pm, without a dinner stop. Work culture there is broken as hell. This episode was recorded with the other two in Ho Chi Minh, but never had time to edit. Boy am I stupid in this video...
Ep26 - evil test

I will record as many episodes as I can this weekend, since I'm away in the states for this week. Might not get to record again until next weekend. The company over there wants me to start in the factory at 7.30am and work until 8pm??? I'm going to be asking for a raise :P
Lockirby2

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 26 - evil test

Post by Lockirby2 »

Ouch, 8:30 to 11:00? That's insane!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 26 - evil test

Post by QubicTom »

Lockirby2 wrote: 6 years ago Ouch, 8:30 to 11:00? That's insane!
In Korea it was 8am until 2am :lol: But they let me leave the factory at 6pm, I then had to go do other work to prepare for the next day. There was only one factory that ever let me go home early each day, and that was one north of Boston. Best place.

Anyway, daily YUMP for this week I think :) Let's slightly catch up with raocow a bit! (Playlist watchers: I'll be putting up all the videos early if you want to binge watch them. Check 12 hours from now!)
Ep27 - land of alibis
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 27 - land of alibis

Post by Sugar »

Newest version should have fixed the break where you could beat land of communism while getting coins (by getting key with a tongue). Oh well.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

btw for those unaware of who raocow is and what his dev commentary thread thingsondfgdlkfjdlk:

mario's nowhere near the rexes when they die because he's on the lower floor. that's why it's a perfect alibi
Mosts Awards:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago Newest version should have fixed the break where you could beat land of communism while getting coins (by getting key with a tongue). Oh well.
I was told about the update but never got around to it before that recording session. Oops! Well, it was better for me that I didn't bother :lol: But Ep30 onwards are recorded with the latest YUMP version.

Who knew Best Korea had the Best hotel?
Ep28 - Ryugyong Hotel: The Movie
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 29 - What's behind door number 20? Oh.

Post by QubicTom »

Fun fact: The next four episodes after this one were edited on an airplane.
Ep29 - What's behind door number 20? Oh.

I have up to episode 33 done, putting them in the playlist in the next half an hour, for anyone who wants to binge watch! As of right now I'm caught up with raocow on levels played, but let's face it, I won't be able to keep up when the levels gets unplayably difficult.... :D
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I don't think that I can realistically keep up the Cruel Angel's Thesis, and I don't really have the drive to change songs so that I can keep up.

Sorry if anyone actually enjoyed them, the game was much bigger than I expected.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago I don't think that I can realistically keep up the Cruel Angel's Thesis, and I don't really have the drive to change songs so that I can keep up.
Sorry if anyone actually enjoyed them, the game was much bigger than I expected.
Myself and plenty of others really liked this gimmick! This game has 120 exits, I think, so it's understandable that you can't continue forever. Between this gimmick stopping and losing the dev commentary to the other thread, I'm now a pretty sad QubicTom :(

The only good news is I'll be moving house very soon, so I might be able to record daily again (when not travelling). Which would mean a return of the B-Side (finishing A2MT's B-side, then continuing ASMT).
Ep30 - :squaremushroom:
Ep31 - It's Forest Ghost House you Idiot
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 33 and 34 - Time 666 and the doomed plumber

Post by QubicTom »

Welp, this thread has died D: Still making progress and keeping up the daily upload streak, that's something, right??
Ep33 - Time 666
Ep34 - the doomed plumber
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I appreciate the daily updates D: D:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I've been watching from the playlist so I often have no idea what videos I'm allowed to kibitz. For example, I might say The My Little Puzzles hack (I agree, an iffy name) has nothing to do with ponies at all; or that the respective attitudes of different players provides a refreshing contrast, in that one might say of a death-pipe 'that's terrible, couldn't it be a reset pipe?' while another might exclaim at the same death-pipe 'that's even better!'. And this thread should be cherished not just because there aren't any people mad about the memes in here, but because QT understands YouTube levels try to annoy to YouTuber while raocow and his audience seem to find it necessary to point out instances of unforeseeable traps and situations with a po-faced 'I hope you do better in future' severity. Well, to give him some credit, at least rao knew who rach was, how to pronounce his name, etc.
dont wanna jihad no more
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
First name: chri
Pronouns: she

Post by chridd »

Brown blocks stop moving when another brown block spawns.

I think if I were to assign a color to blown it would be something like ██████, maybe (brown with the red and blue components switched, making a shade of blue). Or maybe it's blue before a certain year, and brown after it.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

chridd wrote: 6 years ago I think if I were to assign a color to blown it would be something like ██████, maybe (brown with the red and blue components switched, making a shade of blue). Or maybe it's blue before a certain year, and brown after it.
You have now invented the colour Blown! That hex value is also known as "lochmara", but "blown" is much better. Just gotta pronounce it right!
raocow wrote: 6 years ago I appreciate the daily updates D: D:
I'll keep trying my best :)
morsel/morceau wrote: 6 years ago I've been watching from the playlist so I often have no idea what videos I'm allowed to kibitz.

the respective attitudes of different players provides a refreshing contrast, in that one might say of a death-pipe 'that's terrible, couldn't it be a reset pipe?' while another might exclaim at the same death-pipe 'that's even better!'.

Well, to give him some credit, at least rao knew who rach was, how to pronounce his name, etc.
You can comment on any video, even the unreleased ones. Doesn't matter at this point! I was involved with and monitored closely this project from the beginning, so I do think that I "get it" more than some audience members have. That death pipe was perfectly justified in my opinion! Reset pipes/doors are welcome but too generous. Playing YUMP is supposed to be the equivalent of licking a live wire. But it's too good (unfortunately?). I know raocow would know the artist :D If Rach was a scientist I'd know him, probably..!

Thanks for breathing some life back into the thread. Let's celebrate by playing two levels made of dead brown blocks!
Ep35 - Fast Brownies
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

QubicTom wrote: 6 years ago If Rach was a scientist I'd know him, probably..!
If Jump Alf is every finished and if you play it, you may be setting yourself up for a fall ;) .
dont wanna jihad no more
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

morsel/morceau wrote: 6 years ago
QubicTom wrote: 6 years ago If Rach was a scientist I'd know him, probably..!
If Jump Half is every finished and if you play it, you may be setting yourself up for a fall ;) .
Hmm. Well, I should know most physicists, maybe not scientists from all branches. We'll see. Yeah I'll probably embarrass myself :D
Assuming nothing crazy happens, Jump-half will definitely be played for my channel.

Meanwhile, Ludwig
Ep36 - why has he was invisible?