(shouting)

Let's Play ASMT! - Possibly delayed for one week

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Episode 11 - A Switch Mistake Thing

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago There is something really neat in one of pits in Booster Dump Site marked by coins.
Man, that's now two levels I have to return to to see what I missed! Thanks for letting me know!!

Today's video title was entirely free. And it's a one-level video??
Ep12 - A Snailington Mortgage Thing
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Episode 12 - A Snailington Mortgate Thing

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I keep watching these videos mainly to see the titles, even though I haven't been following your other A Thing series playthroughs at all.

Towards the end, (or at the very end?) you should go back for all the stuff you overlooked and call the video A Secrets Missed Thing.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Chillout - New Super Mario Bros. - Overworld

Yay, a lifefarm. And a power-up filter for some reason (Chillout removes your power-ups when entering the stage just like A2MT).

Also, the hardest level of World 4 is a castle level actually. This thing I think is on my list of 10 most difficult levels in ASMT, unlike the hardest lvl which doesn't manage to get on the list, still hard however.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago I keep watching these videos mainly to see the titles, even though I haven't been following your other A Thing series playthroughs at all.

Towards the end, (or at the very end?) you should go back for all the stuff you overlooked and call the video A Secrets Missed Thing.
Some days it takes longer to think of the title and description than to record the episode. But I'm totally stealing that title idea :D
GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago Also, the hardest level of World 4 is a castle level actually. This thing I think is on my list of 10 most difficult levels in ASMT, unlike the hardest lvl which doesn't manage to get on the list, still hard however.
Alright, good to know. I'm prepared!

Let's Murder Yoshi: The Level
Ep13 - A Steed Murder Thing
Sugar

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Episode 13 - A Steed Murder Thing

Post by Sugar »

No new music this time.

RAW HORSE POWER - Commander Keen 4 - Welcome to a Kick in the Pants in Good Old Hillville

You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Charlie, not join them. You were to save the horses, not murder them!

... kidding, although it's somewhat weird that you supposed to save the Yoshis, and yet the game outright forces you to do kill them in its level design, and there will be more of that in a game.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

Yeah, the horse juggling part can be really tricky to pull off, especially for players without much experience. It's probably the first real "barrier" in the game, aside from maybe the flying level earlier in world three.

The interesting part about it is that it's definitely something you can learn. If you had to do it again it would be way easier - After a while you figure out exactly at what time and at which arc you need to throw the item to be able to catch it again in midair. It's probably not something that you have to do very often, but now that you know how to do it, it shouldn't be a problem should it ever come up again. So at least all that time spent learning how to do it wasn't for nothing?
this is getting laundromatic
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Ryrir wrote: 6 years ago ...but now that you know how to do it, it shouldn't be a problem should it ever come up again. So at least all that time spent learning how to do it wasn't for nothing?
I agree, it was worth doing!
GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago it's somewhat weird that you supposed to save the Yoshis, and yet the game outright forces you to do kill them in its level design, and there will be more of that in a game.
I don't think Demo is on either side - she just wants to get the teleporter back and get the vegetables for her master. Everything that happens in ASMT is collateral damage, in my mind :lol:

Hey, it's good ol' wcz
Ep14 - A Superficially Malevolent Thing
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Episode 14 - A Superficially Malevolent Thing

Post by Ryrir »

If I recall correctly, the author of the white and black level actually forgot to put a level name alongside their submission. Since the project leaders couldn't get a hold of them once they actually compiled the levels, they decided to just call the level "Untitled". It's a pretty fitting name in my opinion.

The troll level plays a lot better if you just go for it and don't question everything. It's probably not a level that takes playstyles like yours into consideration, but some traps still worked so it's okay (:
this is getting laundromatic
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

the hardest lvl - Cave Story - Geothermal
the hardest lvl (Happy Koopa's Bungee Jumping) - Cave Story - Balrog's Theme
Untitled - Friday the 13th (NES) - Crystal Lake Camp Map

hard

play yump
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago play yump
I dunno man, I heard it has cutoff!

ASMT keeps going so well, but I've heard an upcoming castle level will be troubling experience...
Ep15 - A Sprinting Maniacally Thing
(link fixed, thanks GlitchMr!)
Sugar

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Episode 15 - A Sprinting Maniacally Thing

Post by Sugar »

The Wild Green Yonder - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES) - Forest Interlude
Pipe Sprint - Touhou 8: Imperishable Night - Extra Stage Theme: Extend Ash ~ Hourai Victim

It's clear that The Wild Green Yonder was made by two people, considering two parts look completely different.

Amazing Flying Hammer Brother hitbox is just its left half. Its graphic is just misleading.

So World 4 is all castles now. Oh well. WORLD 4 IS CASTLE WORLD... sorry.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Episode 15 - A Sprinting Maniacally Thing

Post by QubicTom »

Just so everyone knows, I haven't forgotten about this or A2MT! Work has been extremely busy, needing late nights, and last weekend I wasn't free to record due to family commitments. Today I'm flying out to Denver for work, so I'll be working this weekend and all next week abroad. Also need to go to Boston for other work. I've brought recording equipment, so if I have time I'll record this and A2MT. Worst case it'll be one more week before they resume. YUMP has another week worth of episodes on YouTube, although the release time will be different all this week. Sorry about this, but work has to take priority, it can't be helped!
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: Let's Play ASMT! - Possibly delayed for one week

Post by ft029 »

It's fine.
Mosts Awards: