(shouting)

Obscure "Mega Man X" Game Where The Police Are After Us

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kitsune Zeta

Re: Obscure "Mega Man X" Game Where The Police Are After Us

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Right, raocow's now at 20/20 items, so I'll go ahead and post both the password for his playthrough (as provided by the video) and the "alternate playthrough" password I posted previously.
raocow's password (20/20 items, All Mavericks defeated, Bit/Byte/Vile destroyed, Zero Alive):

Alternate Playthrough (20/20 items, All Mavericks defeated, Bit/Byte/Vile alive, Zero Alive):
Again, this is provided in case raocow wants to see the differences between those two "routes" without having to play the entire game again. I'll also mention that the differences only occur in the next two stages (so, raocow, if you do want to show off the differences, you'll only need to do it for Doppler Lab 1 and Doppler Lab 2).

There are two other situations (Bit alive/Byte destroyed and Bit destroyed/Byte Alive), but the differences there are dialogue-only and aren't worth bringing out a password for.

[edit: and since it would probably be useful to do so now, I'll go ahead and cover the secret items in the spoiler below. Specifics of how to get them have been spoilered... and since one of them basically has a spoiler in the name, its name is spoilered as well]
Hyper Chip: In Doppler Lab 1,

after the midboss, find a pit where the screen scrolls down. Have FULL Health and slide down the left side. Requires 20/20 items and no chip.

This item is not recorded in the password, and must be reobtained every time you resume from a password. This chip grants the abilities of all four enhancement chips and turns X's armor gold.

Z-Saber

: In Doppler Lab 2,

with Vile destroyed, enter the midboss door using Zero and defeat the enemy within. This will sideline Zero for the rest of the game, preventing him from being used or appearing in any later stages.

This item is recorded in the password. It adds an additional charge level to the X-Buster, and is modified by the Arm Upgrade to produce a ranged attack (without the Arms Upgrade, it is a melee attack)
Money

Post by Money »

Why are the Megaman X games so esoteric when it comes to collectables and secrets
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

The collectibles and secrets (and wall-climbing) were kind of the big things that made the X games stand out from the classic Mega Man games, and if they aren't kinda esoteric then they aren't really secrets.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Yeah, it wouldn't be a proper Mega Man X game without secret collectibles, no matter how dumb (looking at you, Rescue Reploids).

Well then, see you in a few days, raocow!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

imo a-side should have been EVO-dropped since it was the one responsible for the massive time sink in the first place but I'm biased so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Don't forget to show off the rest of the charged special weapons.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The next stage you do is the one with the big secret. Good luck in finding it. I'm not spoiling its location.
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

The D doesn't stand for Dinosaur. It stands for DR. CAIN!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Are we getting an episode today?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

sadly no, mmx is back starting tomorrow
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The Golden Armor is kind of silly.

"we'll hide these four items that you can only get one of, then if you skip them all you can get ALL of their powers thereby ignoring whatever balance argument there was supposed to be for limiting you to one"

It's not like the game is so long that it would be a big deal if you were completely overpowered with abilities before Doppler 1. Most first-time players wouldn't go out of their way to look for items until they've beaten all the Maverick stages anyways. Instead it just makes one set of collectibles impossible to fully collect.

Still not as silly as the Ride Armor uselessness, though.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 6 years ago The Golden Armor is kind of silly.

"we'll hide these four items that you can only get one of, then if you skip them all you can get ALL of their powers thereby ignoring whatever balance argument there was supposed to be for limiting you to one"

It's not like the game is so long that it would be a big deal if you were completely overpowered with abilities before Doppler 1. Most first-time players wouldn't go out of their way to look for items until they've beaten all the Maverick stages anyways. Instead it just makes one set of collectibles impossible to fully collect.
That's balanced out to a degree by the fact that the Hyper Chip doesn't save to your password. It's the only item in the game that isn't saved. You MUST re-obtain it every time you continue from password.

And, yeah, raocow, reminder that the head chip gives you regeneration if you stay still for a while without pressing any buttons. It was one of the two chips you had encountered previously but didn't grab. This regeneration continues until all 4 subtanks AND X's lifebar are full, which makes using the Frost Shield to farm energy pointless.
Still not as silly as the Ride Armor uselessness, though.
yep, in the grand scheme of things, the Ride Armor is literally only there to gate a handful of items.

Anyways, Doppler 1 has two end-of-stage bosses, the one you fight determined by whether or not the Nightmare Police members (Bit and Byte) were destroyed. If both of them were, you get the Press Disposer which we saw in today's video (which is weak to Tornado Fang and Ray Splasher, BTW). If either of those two were not destroyed (i.e. you didn't defeat them using either of their weaknesses), then you get the Godkarmachine O Inary (which has a minor weakness to Parasitic Bomb and a major weakness to Ray Splasher) and some dialogue from the surviving Nightmare Police members. This is the only difference in Doppler 1 between potential routes.

Next time: Doppler 2... most likely. Unless raocow decides to troll us by going to the other password I provided and doing Doppler 1 again but with Bit and Byte alive.
Last edited by Kitsune Zeta 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

So, the Golden Armor.

Legs: Double airdash.
Torso: 75% damage reduction, extended mercy invincibility.
Arms: That charged shot overdrive thing
Head: Stand still and wait to recover healt. Yes, thin also fills subtanks. Coupled with emulator speedup, this is busted.

Also, killing stuff with Blizzard Buffalo's weapon makes enemies drop health... 100% of the time? Or close to it, at least.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago Head: Stand still and wait to recover healt. Yes, thin also fills subtanks. Coupled with emulator speedup, this is busted.
Heck, just combined with making a freaking sandwich it's pretty busted.
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago Also, killing stuff with Blizzard Buffalo's weapon makes enemies drop health... 100% of the time? Or close to it, at least.
100% of drops with frost shield are health. 100% of drops with acid splasher are weapon energy.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

wow aiming for that incredibly conspicuous red shell armor sure is tough to figure out
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blue

Post by Blue »

Silly raocow, you can't get the ultimate weapon without a dead Vile! You won't be able to show it off with the alternate bosses password.

Today's boss, Volt Kurageil, is another case of Boomer Kuwanger. Kurage is jellyfish, so his named should have been translated as Volt Jellyfish if you follow the normal maverick name rules. This isn't two instances of 'volt animal' in Japanese, because Volt Catfish is actually Electro Namazuros.
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

raocow, since you've indicated you do want to encounter the other bosses, I'll go ahead and repost the relevant password below:

Alternate Playthrough (20/20 items, All Mavericks defeated, Bit/Byte/Vile alive [Z-Saber Unobtainable!], Zero Alive):

I also hope you kept a backup of the savestate you used for today's episode, otherwise you'll have to revert to password and redo Doppler 1 and 2 again to get both the Golden Armor (again) AND the Z-saber, as part of the requirements for it include destroying Vile in his lair.

Anyways, I don't have details on the midboss in today's video (other than it being a requirement for the Z-saber), but I do have knowledge for the boss: Volt Kurageil, the replacement boss for Vile, is weak to Frost Shield and uncharged Triad Thunders. Charged Triad Thunders can't even damage him, making him one of the few bosses in existence where the charged version of their weakness does no damage or is otherwise incapable of hitting them.

Vile's weakness has already been covered previously.

And once again, raocow, you have regeneration via the Head Chip. just stay still and don't press anything for a short while to recover health and fill your sub-tanks. make a sandwich or rant about silly users trying to remind you what you have and what you can do with it while you do so or something. (you can even just hit the magical fastforward key on your emulator)
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Blue wrote: 6 years agoSilly raocow, you can't get the ultimate weapon without a dead Vile! You won't be able to show it off with the alternate bosses password.
technically he can, because a password can be generated, where he has said weapon and Vile is alive.
interesting that the Z-saber can be saved to password while progress through Doppler's lair isn't.
Kitsune Zeta wrote: I also hope you kept a backup of the savestate you used for today's episode, otherwise you'll have to revert to password and redo Doppler 1 and 2 again to get both the Golden Armor (again) AND the Z-saber, as part of the requirements for it include destroying Vile in his lair.
if raocow decides to showcase getting the Z-saber before fighting the other bosses for Doppler stages 1 and 2, this password will let him fight them with the Z-saber.

this password will allow him to get the Golden armor again too, as I didn't add any of the enhancement chips (though it's worth noting that passwords with up to three chips can be generated for the SNES version only)
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I've never seen that glitch before where you weren't able to charge anymore. It looks like you had a charged shot ready but it vanished the instant you jumped on the water at the 10-minute mark. My guess is the game forgot you were charging the first shot but remembered you had the second shot, so you couldn't charge anymore because the second shot was still in reserve, but you couldn't fire the second shot because you never first the first shot.

Weird.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Kincyr wrote: 6 years ago
Blue wrote: 6 years agoSilly raocow, you can't get the ultimate weapon without a dead Vile! You won't be able to show it off with the alternate bosses password.
technically he can, because a password can be generated, where he has said weapon and Vile is alive.
interesting that the Z-saber can be saved to password while progress through Doppler's lair isn't.
Kitsune Zeta wrote: I also hope you kept a backup of the savestate you used for today's episode, otherwise you'll have to revert to password and redo Doppler 1 and 2 again to get both the Golden Armor (again) AND the Z-saber, as part of the requirements for it include destroying Vile in his lair.
if raocow decides to showcase getting the Z-saber before fighting the other bosses for Doppler stages 1 and 2, this password will let him fight them with the Z-saber.

[illegitimate password]

this password will allow him to get the Golden armor again too, as I didn't add any of the enhancement chips (though it's worth noting that passwords with up to three chips can be generated for the SNES version only)
The difference between my password and yours is that my password results in a legal game state that can be reached in a normal playthrough, whereas yours cannot be reached legitimately. In any case, raocow wanted to show off obtaining the Z-saber, which requires Vile destroyed.

While not affecting either of our passwords, that password generator doesn't generate proper passwords when any combination of Bit, Byte, or Vile are destroyed.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Please delete your illegal Mega Man password or I will call the internet police on you

Talkhaus can not be associated with shady underground illegitimate password sharing
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Guess it wouldn't be a raocow LP without him screwing himself out of a sweet bonus. At least he got the other one, so we're still golden.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I said it on YT, I'll say it here: They give you an elevator segment with snails as your platforms. That's a cruel joke there, game.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I said it on YT, I'll say it here: They give you an elevator segment with snails as your platforms. That's a cruel joke there, game.
It really is funny they're snails. As if the segment isn't monotonous enough as is, they literally make your speed limited to a SNAIL'S PACE.
It's like, a visual tedium multiplier.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Obligatory HideofBeast video post since people are talking about the snails

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image