(shouting)

Obscure "Mega Man X" Game Where The Police Are After Us

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Obscure "Mega Man X" Game Where The Police Are After Us

Post by Grounder »

mm mm red lobster

and vile with a different color scheme than last time i guess
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blue

Post by Blue »

The elevators in Vava's stage turn on once you defeat Electro Namazuros, as do the lights in Frozen Buffalio's stage and some other minor changes.

There's three teleporters that lead to Vile's stage, iirc. One in Electro Namazuros's stage, one in Frozen Buffalio's stage, and one in Scissors Shrimper's stage.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I always imagined that when Vile dies to his weakness he's blurting out his last lines as his throat gets overloaded with phlegmy oil, eventually reduced to screaming like Gollum. Maybe with his tongue jutting out of his helmet too.

(Also, good call K-Zero.)
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Well, since raocow has in fact destroyed Vile, I guess I can just go ahead and grab the one password he would need to more quickly experience what would happen if you didn't destroy those three bosses. For raocow, this password sets you up with all 20 non-chip items after beating all 8 standard stages but doesn't have Bit, Byte, or Vile destroyed. (it also still has Zero alive, as you should be keeping him that way), so when you do finish off Volt Catfish, do NOT progress into the final stages before doing your item roundup. I would also suggest NOT getting any chips (pink capsules) at this point.

The password is as follows:
All Mavericks defeated, Bit/Byte/Vile alive, 20/20 items, no chip
I'll be preparing a checklist of items per stage (in the ideal visit order), the rough location of them, and what the prerequisites for them (if any) are and will post that tomorrow. I'll also include what the effects of the four chips are at that point.
Joseph Staleknight wrote: (Also, good call K-Zero.)
That one health energy item looks so appetizing, it's no wonder people stumble into that one by accident, especially on a blind(ish) playthrough.

Also, look at my username. do you see a "Zero" in there? It's "Zeta". Repeat after me: "Ze-ta"! we good now? alright.
Joseph Staleknight

Kitsune Zeta wrote:Also, look at my username. do you see a "Zero" in there? It's "Zeta". Repeat after me: "Ze-ta"! we good now? alright.
My bad. For the longest time I kept reading the "Zeta" as "Zero" and I have no idea why. Probably because Mega Man?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Ghe gellg gea ghellg by the gea ghore
Reb
let's all be happy :)
First name: sam
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Reb »

I actually had a crawfish as a pet once. Shopping late at night at a local grocery store, my friend and I noticed a crawfish on the floor. Then we saw two more. And then ten more. Then we looked in the seafood market, and apparently a crate of them broke and they were all running free.
So we no joke just grabbed one and stuck it in a cake container, asked the store manager if it was cool to take him, and bought the cake container.

The little thing lived for like a year an a half.
this is my friend
And that's my semi-related crawfish story.
They are also a huge meal thing in Louisiana, and taste actually pretty good for seafood.

also amazing way to die right at the end, raocow.
コンコン
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Blue wrote: 6 years ago Scissors Shrimper's stage.
Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that?
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Kind of unrelated, but crawfish is actually one of the more interesting regional dialect terms in the U.S. since it has multiple names that all have distinct geographic pockets within the country: http://revolution-computing.typepad.com ... ea9970b-pi

Maybe that tells us something about where the localization team for this game was from. Also, seeing how heavily "crawdad" use is concentrated in the Ozarks makes me feel a slight tinge hillbilly, especially after seeing how that prevalence drops in St. Louis and Kansas City. But then there's that weird uptick in Oregon/Northern California where it also seems to be popular for some reason.

#teamCrawdad
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I could see that backdash death coming a mile away, and I still laughed. Pretty sure it does ten bars of damage to X. Enjoy!

And Spinning Blade's charged up attack is the best thing in the game once you know the D-Pad can move it around.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 6 years ago
Blue wrote: 6 years ago Scissors Shrimper's stage.
Did you manage to keep a straight face while typing that?
It's way less silly than Metamor Mothmeanor or Spark Mandriller.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Man, I can only imagine if raocow ever decides to do the PS1 trilogy. X6 is the one game in the series where almost all of the Maverick names got through completely unscathed (probably because of backlash over the Guns n' Roses thing they did with X5?).
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

head's up that tomorrow won't have a video because mario is taking both time slots
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

How about that. Just in time for us to see the last Maverick stage.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years ago Man, I can only imagine if raocow ever decides to do the PS1 trilogy. X6 is the one game in the series where almost all of the Maverick names got through completely unscathed (probably because of backlash over the Guns n' Roses thing they did with X5?).
I read somewhere that the PS1 manual for X5 has straight translations of the original Maverick names.

the Archie Comics' Mega Man series also uses the original names during their appearance in the Worlds Collide crossover ("Shining Hotarunicus" and "Spiral Pegacion" were changed slightly to "Shining Firefly" and "Spiral Pegasus" respectively, as per Mega Man X Official Complete Works, though "Tidal Makkoeen" wasn't changed to "Tidal Whale" in time)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote: 6 years ago Man, I can only imagine if raocow ever decides to do the PS1 trilogy. X6 is the one game in the series where almost all of the Maverick names got through completely unscathed (probably because of backlash over the Guns n' Roses thing they did with X5?).
I wouldn't wish playing X5 or X6 on anyone. Also, I think they literally didn't have much time for anything in X6. It was one of the fastest rush jobs Capcom's ever done on a Mega Man game.

And Blizzard Buffalo wins the hardest Maverick challenge. I honestly expected a longer video today, but that extra Heart Tank made the difference. Good job. Volt Catfish is definitely the hardest one to buster duel.
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Right, I said I would do it, so here's the checklist, grouped by stage, for all 20 non-chip items tracked by the head upgrade:

Blast Hornet:
  • Ride Armor: Requires T. Fang, later section of stage
  • Heart Tank: Requires T. Fang* OR Leg Armor, near end
* - Only if Ride Armor is obtained in same visit

Blizzard Buffalo:
  • Heart Tank: Requires T. Fang or Ride Armor, near Ride Armor platform
  • Sub-Tank: Reachable via Air-jump. Later section of stage
  • Leg Upgrade: No prerequisites. Near end of stage. Enables Air-Dash and Air-Jump.
Gravity Beetle:
  • Heart Tank: Requires Blast Hornet defeated. initial Cargo hold area.
  • Frog Changer: Reachable via Air-jump. In the area when you climb up outside.
Toxic Seahorse:
  • Heart Tank: No prerequisites. in the shaft with sewer-water flowing down and the falling energy.
  • Kangaroo changer: Ride Armor and Frog Changer (or Arm upgrade and Frost Shield?) required. In the area immediately after the ride armor platform.
Volt Catfish:
  • Heart Tank: No items required, but very risky. Ride an elevator to its top.
  • Body Upgrade: Arm Upgrade and Gravity Well required. Ride a different elevator to its top. Reduces damage taken by half. produces a barrier reducing damage further when hit, effective for 5 seconds.
  • Sub-Tank: Ride Armor required. In the area with electric balls.
Crush Crawfish:
  • Heart Tank: Ride Armor required (T. Fang won't suffice here). Initial area.
  • Hawk Changer: Arm Upgrade and Triad Thunder required. Initial area before falling enemy.
Tunnel Rhino:
  • Heart Tank: Arm Upgrade and Triad Thunder required. Initial area.
  • Head Upgrade: Arm Upgrade and Triad Thunder required. Falling Boulder area. Shows Item Collection status at stage select, shows map with uncollected items marked at start of Maverick stages.
  • Sub-Tank: No items needed. around the area with falling rocks.
Neon Tiger:
  • Heart Tank: No items needed. End of stage.
  • Sub-Tank: No items needed. Initial area.
  • Arms Upgrade: T. Fang needed. Initial area. Enables Third-level charged buster attack, modifies ONE attack, and allows for charging of boss weapons.
While collection of them is not advised, here are the four chips that can be found in the Maverick stages and their effects:
  • Leg Chip: Enables Second Air-Dash / Air-Jump
  • Energy Chip: When not pressing buttons/d-pad, refills life energy by 1 at a regular rate, starting with X's health.
  • Arm Chip: Adds the Hyper Cannon (performs nonstop charged buster attacks with impunity).
  • Body Chip: Reduces the damage taken by an additional 50% (effective damage taken is 25%) and improves the damage reduction of the barrier.
Note that for one of these chip capsules to appear, you must have the corresponding upgrade. In addition, you can only ever acquire one chip, and with one exception, once you obtain a chip, the remaining chips are lost forever until you do a new game (or revert to a password from before you got the chip).

I should probably also mention: these aren't all the items in the game, only the ones listed by the Head Upgrade on the stage select screen. I wonder if raocow will figure out where the remaining items are and the requirements for them (before someone outright spoils them). I'll drop a hint I mentioned in the youtube comments back in Blizzard Buffalo's stage for one of them: there are exactly two doors in the entire game that Zero may pass through that result in fights, and we've seen one of them already.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I'm beginning to suspect that the shocking twist ending to this series will involve raocow pulling off his hyper-realistic mask and revealing that he is, in fact, Dr. Cain. He will then proceed to pull the hyper-realistic masks off of all other people and objects (including the hyper-realistic masks themselves), revealing that they are also, in fact, Dr. Cain. In the final shot, the camera will zoom out to reveal a shot of the entire Earth, whose continents subsequently reshape themselves, forming none other than the face of Dr. Cain.
Joseph Staleknight

That was a pretty intense fight against E. Buttface there, especially when he whipped that invincibility attack out of nowhere. At least you get a pretty great weapon out of him!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

YouTube comment said you are supposed to shoot the electric 'Shield' beside the Catfish.

It something I would've for tried myself, really.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

You can destroy the electric shields, but your shots still bounce off of him until he stops flashing. It's there only for the purposes of giving yourself about an extra half-second to dodge his wall-charge attack if you choose to avoid the flying sparks by sitting on the ground.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

adding to the torment there won't be a b-side at all tomorrow.
Maybe I should just put the b-side on hold until post EVO. It's kind of a funky but logical break point ?
Dustinvgmaster
Great Time Champion
First name: Dustin
Pronouns: obj_dustin.id

Post by Dustinvgmaster »

Shame that there's no MM vid today. Enjoying that a bit more than Mario.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Isn't a B-side vacation pretty normal for EVO? I generally tend to prefer the B-sides to the Mario LPs, but I wouldn't mind at all if raocow took a short break from it.
raocow

Post by raocow »

the plan this year was to take some time and double up some recording so that nobody would notice buuuttttttt minimal maximal happened, making it so that I can't do that, haha.