(shouting)

Obscure "Mega Man X" Game Where The Police Are After Us

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Obscure "Mega Man X" Game Where The Police Are After Us

Post by SAJewers »

The 1 year anniversary for the last patreon poll ending is in 16 days.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Blue

Post by Blue »

Kitsune Zeta wrote: 6 years ago For Sigma (the first form), he has two weaknesses: Spinning Blade
Spinning blade turns him into a total chump since you can hang out on the wall above him and it'll hit him over his shield. It's not that hard to hit things with it! Nice death on the escape sequence I've never managed to actually do that without trying.

Looking forward to x4 since that game has the best voice acting. Sorry raocow, no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to compete with the raw quality of those VAs.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago The 1 year anniversary for the last patreon poll ending is in 16 days.
lol geez & we're not even through all the games yet.
X3 was the last megamanner for now though iirc? i'm ready to get back to the patreon games already 'cause the last few i'm all pretty interested in seeing played
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago The 1 year anniversary for the last patreon poll ending is in 16 days.
lol geez & we're not even through all the games yet.
X3 was the last megamanner for now though iirc? i'm ready to get back to the patreon games already 'cause the last few i'm all pretty interested in seeing played
Yep, he said Patreon Bronze B-side winner is up next, and that he does plan on doing the PS1 MMX games at some point in the future (and the way he worded it, it sounds like he's still working out PS1 emulation for whatever reason)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years agoYep, he said Patreon Bronze B-side winner is up next
What are the currently remaining games on the list?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 6 years agoYep, he said Patreon Bronze B-side winner is up next
What are the currently remaining games on the list?
BobisOnlyBob wrote: 6 years ago
  1. Aquaria
  2. Ori and the Blind Forest
  3. Fly'N
  4. Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
  5. Escape Goat 2
  6. Psychonauts
  7. Dust: An Elysian Tail
  8. Hyper Princess Pitch
  9. Mischief Makers
  10. Super Cat Planet
  11. Mega Man: Square Root of Negative One
  12. Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
  13. Axiom Verge
  14. Dynamite Headdy
  15. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
  16. Electronic Superjoy
  17. Faxanadu
  18. Prinny: Can I really be the hero?
  19. Hyper Light Drifter
  20. DKC Trilogy
Decided to rejigger this so it has links to the series on raocow.com, and dropped the point totals because who cares
^
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago^
Thanks!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

At the end of the video, I couldn't help but wonder what raocow's rp for Power and Speed are.

We didn't even get to see the question marks on those!
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Well, looks like that was it for the SNES trilogy. It was a pretty fun ride despite some of the worse nonsense that abounded there.

I have to warn you, though, raocow; when you do get around to LP'ing X4 just try not to crack up at X's voice in that game.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 6 years ago buddy, this is why dashing & dash-jumping exist! zero isn't an up-close fighter, he's a hit-and-run fighter and boss fights with him are more engaging and REALLY exhilarating in my opinion

also, i hope you realize your error in suggesting raocow doesn't do something because it's harder than the alternative; you know he's going to take that challenge, hahah
Allow me to correct myself and say "harder and much more tedious" instead of "way harder," then. raocow's complained several times about his fingers giving out in longer boss fights in this series. Well, Zero's "buster-only" fights in X4 are nearly all like that with the hit and run gameplay that you're describing.

I know raocow laughs in the face of danger much like many of us do, but it's a blind run as far as I know and I doubt he'll follow the weakness order, or even use a weakness when he actually possesses it, if the X3 playthrough was anything to go by.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Mineyl wrote: 6 years ago
CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 6 years ago buddy, this is why dashing & dash-jumping exist! zero isn't an up-close fighter, he's a hit-and-run fighter and boss fights with him are more engaging and REALLY exhilarating in my opinion

also, i hope you realize your error in suggesting raocow doesn't do something because it's harder than the alternative; you know he's going to take that challenge, hahah
Allow me to correct myself and say "harder and much more tedious" instead of "way harder," then. raocow's complained several times about his fingers giving out in longer boss fights in this series. Well, Zero's "buster-only" fights in X4 are nearly all like that with the hit and run gameplay that you're describing.
i mean, i s'pose i understand, but i figured that issue from raocow came more from having to hold a charge/button mash while jumping and dashing all over the place, where with zero you do a lot less of both of those. honestly that's another reason i prefer zero's gameplay to x's in the ps1 games. but to each their own!

regardless, i'm excited for whenever raocow gets to those games. mega man x4 was the first video game i'd ever owned personally without it being sort of "the family's" property (it was a christmas gift from my sister), and x5 and x6 followed along that. none of those games are perfect, and they do get progressively lower quality, but i have lots of fond memories with them.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

I mean, you do have a point, though. I think you've convinced me to boot up X4 and see if Zero is as tedious as I remember. It's been a good long while since I played, and raocow has proven many times that he's a veritable bucket of surprises when I'm going off of experiences from years ago.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You did a good job both for identifying the safe spot during the shield toss and against that battle body. It took me a good while to beat that thing as a kid. Only thing I'll say is that pellets don't work on it. It has to be charge shots, but I think you figured that out by the end anyway. I kind of missed out on some of the commentary part in the middle of your rematches there because of distractions.

Anyway, nice to see the trilogy done. 2 > 1 > 3 for me.