(shouting)

Shovel Knight: Plauge/Shovel of Shadows/Hope - final - TVSVUEIO

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Shovel Knight: Plauge of Shadows - Perfect health OR The Knight Before!

Post by Kshaard »

Oh no, now I have to watch the original Shovel Knight playthrough as I missed it last time around. Though, from what I've heard about the game, that should be pretty fun so I'm not complaining.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Concerned about some of the crazy technical jumps this game requires, and eager to see how they're gonna be flummoxed through :D
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Kshaard wrote: 7 years ago Oh no, now I have to watch the original Shovel Knight playthrough as I missed it last time around. Though, from what I've heard about the game, that should be pretty fun so I'm not complaining.
Here's the thread of raocow's LP of it (and unfortunately, my terrible thread title theme of it).
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, is he just gonna play PoS, or the other DLC too?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago So, is he just gonna play PoS, or the other DLC too?
In the latest Patapon video he asks for folks' opinions on whether he should play the latest DLC immediately after PoS, or wait before doing so. So I think it's less a question of "will he play" the latest, and more a question of "when will it be played."
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Oh man, Plague of Shadows. The best version of Shovel Knight yet. At least, in my opinion...
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

as always, it's exciting to see raocow go into games i'm actually familiar with. this should be a fun playthrough!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Grounder

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Black Plague OR Opening Knight!

Post by Grounder »

man, dr mario got weird after his brother stole his job
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

PoS is the most unfortunate acronym for a game.

Plague man is probably the most powerful and fun out of all the playable characters.shovel knight and specter knight don't even half half the mobility and power that plague knight gets just starting out, and he only goes up from here.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Unknown Warrior of Fiend

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Oh man. raocow and Plague Knight go together like peanut butter and jelly, toast and butter... even rock and roll! This is going to be a real good playthrough. He gets it. He gets it perfectly, and I love it. raocow shouldn't have too much trouble here, even with 100% coins.
The town we're seeing tomorrow is pretty nice....

We have not seen the last of his laughter, I'm sure.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The bomb consisting of multiple parts seem like a really neat mechanic. Will be nice to see how that is used later.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So it's like you're Diddy Kong in one of the Smash games with the way you can boost or something? That's neat.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Willhart wrote: The bomb consisting of multiple parts seem like a really neat mechanic. Will be nice to see how that is used later.
Curious to see how raocow fares with that.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Flowers of Antimony

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

So unfolds another tale of shovelbombery!

From my experiences playing the Switch version, I find Plague Knight to be the easiest of the campaigns (with SoT being a good second). Sure, Plague Knight isn't all that remarkable at first--low health and only the most basic of attacks. Once you really get going with the game, though, he's quite the wizard at flying through the land and murdering enemies. Shovel Knight can only go so far with his blade before needing to hit solid ground. That said, this campaign will make sure you're up to snuff with your platforming skills; its version of the treasure hordes are very tricky to deal with, for one thing. Plague of Shadows may not be the most original campaign, but it's still awesome in its own way.

Looking forward to seeing how raocow will react to the Village in tomorrow's episode!
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Ooh, I'm excited for this one because I just recently played through these games myself. I'm watching through the original Shovel Knight now because I didn't want to spoil the game for myself when he first played it.

I'm interested to see how raocow fares with Plague Knight. Shovel Knight plays a lot closer to Mario, raocow's bread and butter, while Plague Knight is completely different. I also think that raocow sometimes goes for a "play better, not smarter" approach to this game, which might do him a disservice with Plague Knight. I see a lot of people here saying that Plague Knight is the easiest of the three, but personally I found Spectre Knight easier by far (I barely died at all in that one).

Also, quote from episode 13 of his original series:

"I want to play a version of this game that's like, three times longer"

Glad to see that's more or less the case now.

I'm amazed at how many background details raocow is able to notice when playing games like this.
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/it/its

Post by Classtoise »

I've been binging on this recently. Oh man, I am so excited this game is so much fun. Flying through the air is a blast (Heh)

Also, I dunno about the rest of the game, but up to the third leg so far and yeah you only ever get Cipher Coins from exploration. Never from beating certain conditions like "beat boss X times with Y health" or whatever.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Still haven't gotten around to playing this, but I'm going to watch anyway. The LP for the base game was way too fun to miss out.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Bean wrote: 7 years ago So it's like you're Diddy Kong in one of the Smash games with the way you can boost or something? That's neat.
Nah, Diddy's rocket boost in smash is controllable in a direction, this is more akin to bombjumping as a demoman in TF2, where once you detonate, it launches you and the momentum stops you from turning on a dime midair.

Its not well noted in the game, but you can save your double jump until after you bombjump, and in doing so, can hang in the air long enough to charge another bombjump. This is extremely important for recovery as it lets you jump back onto a ledge if you miss, cross a large gap you normally couldn't , or to save yourself from falling in spikes.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Haven't seen the episode yet (blah 53 watch later videos, some of which are Escape Goat), how quickly did Rao take to Burst Jumping?
More to the point, did he guess that you can skip the first Bubble Drake by Burst Jumping over it?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/it/its

Post by Classtoise »

raekuul wrote: 7 years ago Haven't seen the episode yet (blah 53 watch later videos, some of which are Escape Goat), how quickly did Rao take to Burst Jumping?
More to the point, did he guess that you can skip the first Bubble Drake by Burst Jumping over it?
Almost immediately. He says it's a bit weird, but by the end of the video he's cackling with joy and bursting around and loving it.

And no.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Yes, gleefully cackling and exploding the world. That poor dragon didn't stand a chance.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Tenlade wrote: 7 years ago Its not well noted in the game, but you can save your double jump until after you bombjump, and in doing so, can hang in the air long enough to charge another bombjump. This is extremely important for recovery as it lets you jump back onto a ledge if you miss, cross a large gap you normally couldn't , or to save yourself from falling in spikes.
At release, you could just bomb jump and fly forever by doing this. It was RIDICULOUSLY FUN but it got patched. And it also hurt my hands.

HOWEVER! I've heard that there's a ingame cheat code that reenables it since it was so much fun.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago
Willhart wrote: The bomb consisting of multiple parts seem like a really neat mechanic. Will be nice to see how that is used later.
The same way he handles all customization: he'll find one combo he likes well enough early on and never change to anything else.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Ometeotl wrote: 7 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago
The same way he handles all customization: he'll find one combo he likes well enough early on and never change to anything else.
And from what I recall, that's not gonna work.