(shouting)

Shovel Knight: Plauge/Shovel of Shadows/Hope - final - TVSVUEIO

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Lockirby2

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Hypothermia OR Three Dog Knight!

Post by Lockirby2 »

Whirl Casing, Spark Powder and Impact Fuse... Any two of the three can work great, but all of them together work about as well as chocolate, rice, and ketchup.

I call shenanigans on the death where you somehow managed to land on the spikes before the snow did.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

rip canada knight :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

You know, it took me until this video (and specifically seeing Plague Knight's silhouette while jumping again) to realize the reason that Plague Knight has a multi-jump floaty sort of movement style is because he's dressed as a boid. One can only surmise his soul stealing is simply a matter of his wanting to build a house.

Also, raocow should take advantage of those waiting around moment moments to practice his dance moves. Dancing makes life better.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: Plague Knight: Congelation of Silver

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Man, raocow had it rough out there. So many deaths for that one coin hidden in the last leg of the secret area.

Interestingly, Polar Knight was the first third-tier knight I tackle on my run because his stage is the simplest. True, it's icy cold and he can dig up insta-kill spikes, but at least it doesn't have autoscroll or completely bottomless areas. I haven't really had much of an issue with the boss's spikes either; if I do get hit, the mercy invincibility is enough to get me off them before they strike.

Also, the Barfrösts don't react to bombs but shovel strikes make them spew the rainbow. Makes me wonder if the Shovel Blade was given the blessing of not-Freya beforehand. At least there are more of them around in that one area to make it easier to traverse.
Lockirby2 wrote:Whirl Casing, Spark Powder and Impact Fuse... Any two of the three can work great, but all of them together work about as well as chocolate, rice, and ketchup.
Uhhhhhhhh...
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Any two of Whirl Casing, Spark Powder, and Impact Fuse can work great. I wasn't saying that any two of chocolate, rice, and ketchup can work great, just that all three together are terrible in both cases.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - In The Air Toknight OR Altitude Sickness!

Post by SAJewers »

raocow, don't forget you can buy armour.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Ice Water, Air Eater

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

(Man, this naming scheme is hot garbage for ice-based titles)

I was about to remind the rao that he could buy armor. All of it.

Funny story about Polar Knight: I also had the Spin Burst on. I careened straight into those stone blocks with my burst... and fell straight to my doom. See, I was not very good at actually cancelling my bursts back then.

Polar Knight's actually my favorite out of all of the knights; he's the most honest of them (along with Mole Knight), but also the most mysterious. And just fighting someone with a huge shovel is just a fun fight, if incredibly perilous.. And I am not surprised at all the raocow died a ton in this stage.

I AM surprised that the Fan Fiends didn't kill Plague Knight more. He left that stage relatively unscathed. Propeller Knight also has some fun dialogue. Never liked fighting him, though.... well, until I learned how to fight him properly. But falling down pits are still not a fun activity.\

I think the wind also slayed me a fair bit, but this is unsurprising.

As for Percy.. raocow just gave me another brilliant quote for the wall;
"I just want your money, horse! I just...you are nothing more than an ATM to me! Give me my money, and get out of my life!!!"
(No offense against Percy. raocow just has the best reaction to him)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Blue

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - In The Air Toknight OR Altitude Sickness!

Post by Blue »

Halberds are defined by an axe beak and a long spike on top, so those helicopter knights definitely aren't using a halberd. The closest analog would be a dane axe, but to my knowledge there's no examples of those with a hook on the back.

It's always bothered me that propeller knight wears a barbute instead of an armet. It just seems way more fitting since barbutes are usually given to big smashy scary guys.
Joseph Staleknight

Re: Plague Knight: Sublimation of Brass

well there goes that romance
thanks a lot burger king

Yeah, raocow's gonna need the Arcana from the Clockwork Tower to beat that killer ice wall in a race. Pretty surprised he made it past all those crushers without it, though! For a second I seriously thought he was going to outsmart the devs and reap his rewards early.

Meanwhile, Phantom Striker is...not as tough against Plague Knight as against Shovel Knight. Guess it has something to do with Plague Knight having a range advantage of his own. When I defeated him in this campaign the first time I got the better reward. Having Big Booms and going gung-ho on the bombs probably helped.

Finally, Propeller Knight. His stage is just as devious as ever--green windjerks, bottomless areas, and a backup airship that shreds the battle arena make for a very hectic stage. While I didn't die as much against him as I did playing the Blue Burrower, his boss battle was still quite difficult for me. As an aside, I'm pretty glad raocow didn't fall for this particular spike trap this time. He definitely noticed the spikes.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

It is a good game.

Also, gambling??? WHAT

there's no such thing around here! That's for Treasure Knight, who is not playable!!
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Mechaknightzation OR Iron Poisoning!

Post by went »

Today: raocow loses 22k because he's incapable of leaving the level to spend the money once he's already in.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
Blue

Post by Blue »

dang it raocow you could have bought all of everything if you didn't stupid as hard as you could facefirst into that level

Also I think you can actually complete it without the potion of amphetamines via lots of burst jumping. At least, I remember a speedrunner going pretty far into it.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

went wrote: 6 years agoToday: raocow loses 22k because he's incapable of leaving the level to spend the money once he's already in.
Yeah but the goal is to do things in the dumbest way possible. Only an idiot actually uses their brain for two seconds.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

You have not collected all the essences yet.

Tinker Knight was pretty darn easy. Even if King Knight was not banned from the achievement where you kill a boss with no damage, Tinker Knight is still the obvious choice.
Joseph Staleknight

Re: Plague Knight: Composition of Steel

Man, raocow and I had opposite reactions to certain parts covered in today's vid.

Tinker Knight's secret area has a pretty brutal last leg if you don't know what you're doing. Those gears get pretty obnoxious when you have to jump between them and moving platforms to get to the relic. The area just before the pseudo-autoscroll section is also tough because of those Medusa Torches. I died plenty of times there since Plague Knight's Berserker Brew just isn't the same as an Ichor of Boldness. At least the boss himself can be cheesed with Lob Casing if you don't want to get on top of his mech. (E: And no raocow, those split paths you were imagining where the first two music sheets were don't exist. The stage is almost exactly like it was in Shovel of Hope.)

On the other hand, I found the second half of Shivering Sprint much easier than the first. Probably because once I got used to the Fleet Flask I could Sonic my way into the cipher coins and survive the killer ice wall. I dunno, it felt much more intuitive for me. (Plague Knight confirmed for Sonic Forces.)

Now then, the Tower of Fate awaits us...
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Is there a point of no return somewhere? I think raocow wanted to buy everything.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Willhart wrote: 6 years ago Is there a point of no return somewhere? I think raocow wanted to buy everything.
I don't think so?

There wasn't one in the original game.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

There's no point of no return.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Horikawa Otane wrote: 6 years ago
Lockirby2 wrote: 6 years ago There's no point of no return.
I mean, "the final level" is a point of no return I guess.
Technically not even then, you can just pause and go back to world map up to and including the final boss fight IIRC
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I'm yet to see raocow leave a level midway trough.
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

raocow should cap the series off by visiting that one secret in plague knight's stage that he never got to

the one right before the boss
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Willhart
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Looking forward to the boss re-fights. Kind of forgot how those went.
Joseph Staleknight

Re: Plague Knight: Annealing of Copper

Yeah, those three coins at the beginning are pretty easy to miss on a blind run. That said, once you find them they're pretty much as unmissable as the beginning secret in Pridemoor Keep.

Also, that section with the crushers pretty much deserves its checkpoint rating of Pink Diamond. It was hard in Shovel of Hope, of course it's going to be hard in Plague of Shadows. After that, though, the only other major obstacle is the windjerk just before the final checkpoint.

Tomorrow's vid is going to be pretty fun, if only for what happens at the end.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

ACesspoolofHatred wrote: 6 years ago raocow should cap the series off by visiting that one secret in plague knight's stage that he never got to

the one right before the boss
seconded
Lockirby2

Re: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - Common Cold OR A Dark And Stormy Knight!

Post by Lockirby2 »

It took me a while to find the three Cipher Coins at the start of this level. raocow found them a lot faster than I did.