(shouting)

hypnosis redo: like rain on your wedding day

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: hypnosis redo: injoke turnabout

Post by jayScribble »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago This doesn't feel like a mario at all to me, and I don't know how to feel.
It feels like more of an action adventure with platforming.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Link definitely isn't the best SMBX character, he isn't the best when it comes to platforming(also was redigit too lazy to get Link's climbing sprites or something and that's why Link for some reason transforms into a fairy when climbing?) and the combat doesn't add that much to the gameplay. I feel like raocow would feel much better playing as any character of the main 4 and not as Link.

I get that dying removes your coins (50 I think?) so you can't farm them in one bonus room and it's a punishment for dying in general, but why have a life system too? It should have one or the other as with both there's too much punishment for making a mistake, however I assume that you can trivialize that by buying the 1up box for 50 coins so whatever.

A stage about switching layers? When have I heard that before? The music I'm pretty sure is from Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros. and that area also had a layout changing gimmick. The boss looks technically impressive, but why did it have to have that laugh? It's annoying and it plays more often than voice clips in a GBA Nintendo game. raocow shouldn't have had so much trouble with it, but raocow is raocow, you don't know if he is going to play well or not.
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

Super Maks 64 wrote:I get that dying removes your coins (50 I think?) so you can't farm them in one bonus room and it's a punishment for dying in general, but why have a life system too? It should have one or the other as with both there's too much punishment for making a mistake, however I assume that you can trivialize that by buying the 1up box for 50 coins so whatever.
Agreed, I should've removed the lives system.
Farming coins however is pretty easy in Nyanyan Tree Plateau and the first level of the evil path. You can exit through the midpoint door. The loss is just so that it's not too easy.
In the subsequent game after this I got rid of extra lives and made the coin loss (current coins * 0.1) + 10, so it's a linear increase as you get more money. Then again in that game you only really use it to buy puns :p
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Huh... I don't recall there being an inventory upgrade but I could've sworn I scrolled all the way through the shop when I played. Was that added in an update or did I just manage to miss that entirely somehow? clearly the Mandela Effect in full force, no other plausible explanation whatsoever

As for the boss... yep, that was about how I expected it to go. The switch attack really could've benefited from better telegraphing (EDIT: to clarify, Marina's position is a good enough visual warning that the switch is about to happen but the only thing you have to go by for when to time the jump is the sound effect) and was the cause of many a death for me too. And, well, if you guys thought the laughing was annoying here, imagine hearing it every time the boss takes a hit (one of the many reasons why it's recommended to wait for Redemption Redo).

Idk, it feels weird to say this now that I know the person the character is based on but I always liked Marina as a laughing troll of a villain, she's like the 2k1x series' Joker. It may just be that I have a higher tolerance for annoying sounds and stuff or I'm more forgiving of those things and the design issues with her fights because I had the luxury of being introduced to her and the series through the boss compilation video on Youtube... if my first impressions were based on a blind playthrough like raocow is experiencing it here, I might've had very different opinions on the matter.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 7 years agoI get that dying removes your coins (50 I think?) so you can't farm them in one bonus room and it's a punishment for dying in general, but why have a life system too? It should have one or the other as with both there's too much punishment for making a mistake, however I assume that you can trivialize that by buying the 1up box for 50 coins so whatever.
It doesn't look to be consistently 50 coins though. I only paid attention to the exact numbers during two deaths but one was 50 coins (359->309 iirc) but the other was only 44 (344->300).
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

marina sure has changed since super marina world!!!! this is a funny joke
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago This doesn't feel like a mario at all to me, and I don't know how to feel.
Pretty much what I was going to say. Like it's not a B Side but almost doesn't feel like an A Side?

C Side?
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Wait a second! This is the SMBXtroidvania game I was trying to make. It's got the Link character, it's got interconnected levels/worlds, and okay, the events of one level don't interact with another, but it's almost (but not quite) exactly what I was aiming for.

My goodness, it's also got the perfect solution to a power-up problem I was having.

It's also, now that I think about, almost like Toadette Strikes Back.
underFlo
you spinda right round
First name: Florence
Pronouns: they/she

Post by underFlo »

i cant believe kirby music
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

three cheers for jankwater
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

an hour and a half recording and the level isn't finished (wait until you see why I stopped)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow wrote: 7 years agoan hour and a half recording and the level isn't finished (wait until you see why I stopped)
This sounds suspiciously like clickbait.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Alice wrote: 7 years ago
raocow wrote: 7 years agoan hour and a half recording and the level isn't finished (wait until you see why I stopped)
MAN FORCES HIMSELF TO STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAME - THE REASON WHY IS HEARTBREAKING
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

Alice wrote: 7 years ago
yes
Emral

Post by Emral »

oh god you decided to play that level lol
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

FUCK
Emral

Post by Emral »

oh my god i'm so sorry about that bug
went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by went »

Welp that was painful.

It seems the game.....

"Froze"
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

welcome to six different ideas: the level.

man, these long gauntlets with like 20 midpoints always seem like way too much of an endurance match to be enjoyable, even if the sections taken individually are decently designed. like, the water part shouldn't have even been in it at all imo.

e: just saw the end of the video. that's the most tragic thing ever.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

mistakes were made

also, stating the the water hurts a character's eyes doesn't make hurting the player's eyes okay
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago an hour and a half recording and the level isn't finished (wait until you see why I stopped)
TOP 5 REASONS NOT TO PLAY THIS GAME (#4 WILL MAKE YOU GO "WOW THAT'S GARBAGE")
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

vast heaping trowelfuls of JANK
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

OK THIS LEVEL NEEDS EXPLAINING

FIRST OF ALL THAT BUG IS HORRIBLE AND IM SO SAD NOW

Basically Grand Chemo 666 is like the one big injoke in this game. Back in the original dev of Hypnosis the original some conversation in skypehaus got brought up about 'the worst level ever' with tons of cgfx, endless explosions music (super overused in smbx community), and 21 sections and stars. I decided to actually make it for some ungodly reason (but got bored after like 4 sections) and enjl offered it to put it in the postgame.

Come hypnosis REDO and I tried to go for the original intent again and STILL got bored lol. So the level is basically just a giant mess of ideas. The freezing gimmick is taken from an absolutely garbage level from another 2k16 episode 'VVinter Redemption' (bad game please don't play it). And I think most people remember what the flashing water is a reference to :s.

You need a surge soup for that one star btw. It's the only way to get it. (it lets you run over lava). And the LORE is dumb and a reference to CC12 and also proof that i can't write anything serious to save my life without it sounding edgy.

But yeah this level is basically a remake of a purposefully awful level so that's why it's so bad lol. I apologize you had to go through it.
raocow

Post by raocow »

welp

looking forward to having to farm 400$ before I start farming for 750$
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

...That ending is just living proof that freezing water was a mistake. Can I suggest that you utilize savestates next time you get to that jump, raocow?

And yeah, entire game was pretty good until this smattering of ideas made it into the postgame. They could have done better making this seem like a 'joke' level. Probably by making Nopor Puss-like solutions through these rooms. Hopefully the next video will be the last one about this level.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)