(shouting)

Let's Play A2XT! - 43 to 47 FINAL - Zebras and Quack!~Doubt!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 37 to 42 - Endgame and Zebraspace

Post by QubicTom »

It's important to occasionally update this thread, I think! There are just a few levels left in the endgame, so this game should actually be finished this week!
Ep37 - Knight Ruins Lithography
Ep38 - Surreal Haunted Surfer
Ep39 - Liberty Hurts Remix
Ep40a - Unreal Chaos Ninja
Ep40b - Legendary A2XT Remix
Ep41 - The Floor is Zebras
Ep42 - Abstract Zebras

When this is finished, there are two options for what to play next: ASMT, or focus more on A2MT and wait until July to play YUMP. There are a few non-Mario games I want to play, but I don't think anybody here would be interested in them (Destroy All Humans! 1 and 2. Open world game with weapons, first is set in the 1950s, has a lot of B-movie references. Second set in the 60s, very fun game, but with a lot of dialogue.)

I will make a vlog this weekend talking about what's been going on, and what will be happening for the next month or so.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

I'm posting this one in the thread (and skipping ahead four worlds) because @docopoper was interested in it.

for Custom C++ Code, Example #3 (no powerups, no damage) in 40.43s.
This level is basically impossible to practice because Calleoca and the layers will always be in different positions from a good run unless you actually do a good run up to that point. And even between good runs, it's hard to be so consistent that everything is in exactly the same position. This means that there's a lot more guesswork than usual here.

At the start, I wait for a moment before triggering Calleoca to avoid crashing into a layer with some cannons on it. This allows me to run through this section at full speed, saving maybe a second or two. I let myself crash into the slopes while jumping onto the next landmass because I plan to let Calleoca catch up and stomp at me in a second. I want Calleoca at the bottom of the screen when I turn her into a rocket because she will get out of my way ASAP when I reach the top of the large bullet cannon.

After the next couple cannons is where my plans stop and the guesswork takes hold. I'm not confident that I did the next series of jumps to get past the four cannon stack as fast as possible, but I don't feel like I lost more than a second. There are two ways to avoid falling into the pit after the stack: I need to jump off the stack at its peak, or I need to jump off the next landmass. Both of these are difficult because the slopes like to eat my momentum. However, it saves several seconds over falling in the pit.

In theory, the jumps over the bullet cannons at the end did not go well and lost me about a second. However, Calleoca was somewhere below the screen before I triggered her turning into the fishing boo. If I had aced this section, I would have had to wait for her to float slowly upwards out of the pit. As it is, she was above ground and I was able to collect the coin at the first possible instant. I regarded it as a mistake at the time, but it definitely saved the run. I could probably save this second if I determined a way to manipulate Calleoca better during this part, but she always has a nasty habit of going exactly where I don't want her to be.

This isn't entirely optimized, but I don't think the powerupless route can beat grabbing a leaf. I may be wrong though.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

maybe I'm weird but I'm KINDA curious about Destroy all Humans? I remember hearing about that game but it's from the era where I owned zero sony platforms
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

this is where you open twitch and stream yourself trying the game blind :P
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

"I'm surprised Jolpe just made one Depraved room."

+ six randomly picked hard rooms

Also, Action of Syo & Bon is pretty much a remake of first level in Syobon Action. Not sure what's the deal with the wall near the goal, the actual Syobon Action had SMB style scrolling, and when you went too far, you weren't able to get goal (as the screen wouldn't scroll here). The obstacle works differently, but the end result is pretty much the same.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

CONGRATULATIONS!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

Lockirby2 wrote: 6 years ago I'm posting this one in the thread (and skipping ahead four worlds) because @docopoper was interested in it.
Just so people know, Lockirby2 has speedruns of all the levels up to Fahren as of now! Go back to my old A2XT videos and check out the comments for links to the videos! They are work in progress videos, I think there will be final, polished public versions released when all the levels are done?
raocow wrote: 6 years ago maybe I'm weird but I'm KINDA curious about Destroy all Humans? I remember hearing about that game but it's from the era where I owned zero sony platforms
I bet nobody would watch it though :lol: I really enjoyed the first game when it came out, it was the first time I played a game all about using the Havok physics engine. I'm not entirely sure that the first game will hold up massively well, but I'm completely sure the second game will still be awesome, in story and in gameplay.
SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago this is where you open twitch and stream yourself trying the game blind :P
If only, if only... in the place I stay during the week the internet is so bad it takes days to upload videos (so I use mobile phone data instead). That'll change at the end of next month, and then streaming will be a possibility!
GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago "I'm surprised Jolpe just made one Depraved room."
+ six randomly picked hard rooms
I actually forgot that Jolpe made the Unseen level until he sent a message with comments about it. The rooms weren't Depraved, though! I'd like to see an easy-medium game made by Jolpe.
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago CONGRATULATIONS!
Thank you :D That music is pretty sweet!

What's Grounder talking about? I finally finished A2XT! I'm just, uh, a bit behind in posting them here. Have fun!
Ep43 - Action.Zebra
Ep44 - Unseen and Mysterious Zebra
Ep45 - Depths of Transcendental Zebras
Ep46 - The Tower of Dr. Zebra
Ep47 FINAL - Show and Tell

As much as I crave a playthrough of the two Destroy all Humans! games, there has been a lot of demand for ASMT, so that will probably be next. I got a request for ASMBXT, but I'm not sure if DXtory can record the version of SMBX I have. Unless ASMBXT will run on the special A2XT engine correctly. I'm so undecided, haha!