(shouting)

Let's Play A2XT! - 43 to 47 FINAL - Zebras and Quack!~Doubt!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 9 - How The Leek Was Won

Post by GenesisJames »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago Woah, you made levels for this? I don't know which ones they are... maybe it's best that I don't know, so that I have no bias :D
I did indeed! I suppose I can tell you that they are both in World 8, so we won't see them for a little while longer. I won't tell you which ones they are until you play them, though! Hopefully they still hold up considering they were among the first three real levels that I made in the engine, haha~
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 9 - How The Leek Was Won

Post by QubicTom »

Louiejub wrote: 7 years ago I won't tell you which ones they are until you play them, though! Hopefully they still hold up considering they were among the first three real levels that I made in the engine, haha~
I can't wait! :)

Industrial complexes, abandoned houses and cutoff.
Ep12 - завод

There will be an episode released tomorrow, but there might not be another episode after that until next week. There are a huge amount of things going on at the moment, including moving house, so finding the time to record is difficult. I'm also moving somewhere that currently has a broken internet line, so these episodes might not be 60fps anymore, depending on mobile data prices. The series will continue though, I promise! :)
Jongseok

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 12 - завод

Post by Jongseok »

Death sound and leek sfx are same as ASMBXT. Demo counter on World Map. That's nice and new.(?)
LunaLua 0.7.3.1 is very very sloooww~~ 0.7.2.2 and 0.7.3.0 are good. Speed, safety, etc
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 12 - завод

Post by QubicTom »

Jongseok wrote: 7 years ago Death sound and leek sfx are same as ASMBXT. Demo counter on World Map. That's nice and new.(?)
LunaLua 0.7.3.1 is very very sloooww~~ 0.7.2.2 and 0.7.3.0 are good. Speed, safety, etc
I changed the sounds myself for my version, I preferred the old sounds :D

A2XT has so many charming levels. I particularly like the town featured in this episode, it has so much heart.
Ep13 - спасение
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 13 - спасение

Post by Sugar »

Translating Ninji in a level (33:56) saying "Мои штаны являются слишком туго".

My pants are too tight.

(I probably would write this as "Мои штаны слишком тугие.", using являются like that is needless, and I'm not even sure if it's correct, and туго used in original translation is adverb not adjective as it should be, I suspect broken translation here made using some online translator)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 13 - спасение

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago Translating Ninji in a level (33:56) saying "Мои штаны являются слишком туго".

My pants are too tight.
I appreciate the translation, thank you! There is a reason why I use single Russian words in the title - no Google Translate errors with phrases!

Last levels of World 4, where we meet all the siblings.
Ep14 - семья

I've pre-recorded enough episodes for the next week, so daily episodes will return. Temporarily living in a place with no internet (local construction workers broke the phone cables...), but I have access at the weekends, so I'll bulk upload things for the rest of the week.

A2MT will also return - in fact, I have had recording sessions - but I'm having a lot of trouble with the last Switch Palace. I won't release an episode until I finally beat the level!
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
First name: chri
Pronouns: she

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 14 - семья [End of World 4]

Post by chridd »

I can't draw well with touchpad but felt like making a thing:
In case you can't read my font: "Hey there, everyone!  This is Demo!  raocow couldn't record today because a wall suddenly materialized in his room."
In case you can't read my font: "Hey there, everyone! This is Demo! raocow couldn't record today because a wall suddenly materialized in his room."
hey-there-its-demo.png (41.37 KiB) Viewed 5939 times
Also, EIB OG SHOYALB 4.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 14 - семья [End of World 4]

Post by QubicTom »

chridd wrote: 6 years ago I can't draw well with touchpad but felt like making a thing:
hey-there-its-demo.png

Also, EIB OG SHOYALB 4.
Thank you so so much for this, it's fantastic :D I love how there's this unintended running gag in this playthrough that every time I want to play as raocow there's a Demo Only filter :lol: I really appreciate the art!! If you have any more funny art ideas please post them here :)

Today we play the opening of What The Hell and encounter another Demo Only filter
Ep15 - 225, rue Frontenac
Grounder

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 15 - 225, rue Frontenac [Start of World 5]

Post by Grounder »

mspaint.png
mspaint.png (10.67 KiB) Viewed 5913 times
Nevada by Demo AU, sweat by a Naruto game on the 3DS, and I have no idea where Albert's from.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the fat albert is from the mugen adaptation of the character
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago mspaint.png

Nevada by Demo AU, sweat by a Naruto game on the 3DS, and I have no idea where Albert's from.
Nevada adds a twist to the idea of a "wholesome family meal".

Meanwhile, at the Laundromat...
Ep16 - 5866, rue Sherbrooke Ouest

Maybe it's just in my browser, but a Google search for '5866, rue Sherbrooke Ouest' now puts my video higher up in the search results than the actual Sherbrooke laundromat that resides there. Welp!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 17, 18 & 19 - 315, rue William (and other addresses!)

Post by QubicTom »

Woah, has it really been three days since I last updated this?? I gotta get more organized!

I think about a third of all the Demos that I've had in this game happen within these three episodes.
Ep17 - 5265, rue de Gaspé
Ep18 - 315, rue William
Ep19 - 63, rue King Ouest
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Keith courage definitely is an interesting game, unfortunately, it's become a bit infamous because it was a pack-in title.

Also, I would totally watch an LP of Keith Courage.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago Keith courage definitely is an interesting game, unfortunately, it's become a bit infamous because it was a pack-in title.

Also, I would totally watch an LP of Keith Courage.
The mini-review you linked to didn't exactly sell Keith Courage to me (the guy described it as "underwhelming"! :lol: ) Now if someone modded the game and put Sheath in it....! Looking at the gameplay, I'm surprised nobody gave sheath an awesome robot suit for those "Sheath Courage" levels!

I don't understand why last night I chose the Sherbrooke water treatment plant address for the title for the last Mantreopolis video. But there we go!
Ep20 - 1300, boulevard du Mi-Vallon

All these episodes were recorded in one sitting last Saturday, and I haven't had time to record since. I'll record another 7 episodes tomorrow, and release them over the week. So that means tomorrow's episode will be pretty late! I don't like bulk-recording videos like this, but my time is super constrained at the moment. I'll try to record some A2MT on Sunday. It's a shame that two hours probably won't even get me to the midpoint in the oncoming levels. The A2MT endgame is gonna take a long while!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

How about this then? :P

It's not a bad game, it's just it was made the pack-in game when it probably never should've been.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
First name: chri
Pronouns: she

Post by chridd »

Just thought I'd look this up; hope I got everything correct...
Overworld music:
World 1: ASMT - Beach (overworld) by prsynth1111 [smb3-world3.mp3]
-
Forest: Forest by LukaRamu [smw-yoshisisland.mp3]
Desert: Ievan Polka by Zach Fankhauser [smb3-world1.mp3]
Ice: Ice by Zach Fankhauser [nsmb-world.mp3]
-
City: Industrial Complex by Zach Fankhauser [smb3-world7.mp3]
Volcano (outside): Mountain Overworld by Chrom1um [smw-worldmap.mp3]
Volcano (inside): Seeking the Vicar's Approval by Maiku Wotaharu [smw-special.mp3]
Sky: SNES Time, Adventure Edition by Chrom1um [smb3-world5.mp3]
-
World 8: Preview: Remix of ASMT Theme by prsynth1111 [smw-starroad.mp3]
Postgame: Perils of an Overbaked by Maiku Wotaharu [smw-bowserscastle.mp3]

Other map music; I don't know if these are all unused or if I missed a map or two: (also some might be used in levels)
smb3-world2.mp3: ASMT (unused) - Desert Overworld by Kil
smb3-world4.mp3: A2MT - Overworld Idea #2 by Chrom1um
smb3-world6.mp3: Snowy Level Theme by Chrom1um
smb3-world8.mp3: Blood God (Rock Remix) by Demolition
smw-forestofillusion.mp3: Overworld Idea by Chrom1um
smw-vanilladome.mp3: Minstrel's Song by Yonowaaru

And for completeness, switch music:
smb3-switch.mp3: Touhou - Some Song by Touhou (at least according to the metadata) - actually Phantasmagoria of Flower View and Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - Sakuya Izayoi's Theme - Flowering Night
smw-switch.mp3: Switch Jingle by Octagon
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago How about this then? :P
This review sells it better! Although I think we've heard all the music the game has to offer in just the one Sheath Courage level (which is fine, the music is nice!).
chridd wrote: 6 years ago Music stuff
That all matches what I have in my version of the game! (I think!) So if people want to change their music to these, just remember to convert each file to .ogg for v1.3 of A2MBXT :)

Man, I've been too busy to post these links! I recorded all the way up to Ep30 on Saturday, and spent Sunday editing them and uploading them. Still struggling to find the time during the weekdays to get back to A2MT. I'm sure I'll get an episode out this week, though :D
Ep20 - 1300, boulevard du Mi-Vallon
Ep21 - COROT-7b
Ep22 - Kepler-78b
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 23, 24, 25 - 55 Cancri e, Alpha Centauri Bb, Mustafar

Post by Rixithechao »

Still catching up, but a quick note regarding the music credit in episode 24: that's actually Dr. Shemp's original boss theme.
Daikon Rumble was used as the replacement for that track in the updated devkit, and it looks like the credit text was updated accordingly for A2X1 v1.3 but didn't get reverted when you changed the music back for your LP.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 23, 24, 25 - 55 Cancri e, Alpha Centauri Bb, Mustafar

Post by QubicTom »

Rockythechao wrote: 6 years ago Still catching up, but a quick note regarding the music credit in episode 24: that's actually Dr. Shemp's original boss theme.
Daikon Rumble was used as the replacement for that track in the updated devkit, and it looks like the credit text was updated accordingly for A2X1 v1.3 but didn't get reverted when you changed the music back for your LP.
Oh! I'm sorry about that mistake. I hadn't heard your piece before, and now I regret not leaving it in :D

Here are the latest three episodes. Also, I just learned that even if videos are set to 'unlisted', they are still in the playlist, so if you want to watch up to episode 30 you can do that right now :P
Ep26 - Venus
Ep27 - Eight Torr
Ep28 - Eight Pascal
GenesisJames

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 26, 27, 28 - Venus, Eight Torr, Eight Pascal

Post by GenesisJames »

Hey man, just wanted to let you know that Ep. 19 isn't in the playlist! It goes from Ep. 18 to Ep. 20.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 26, 27, 28 - Venus, Eight Torr, Eight Pascal

Post by QubicTom »

Louiejub wrote: 6 years ago Hey man, just wanted to let you know that Ep. 19 isn't in the playlist! It goes from Ep. 18 to Ep. 20.
Thank you! This is now fixed :D

The entirety of World 7 is uploaded to YouTube, so if folks want to skip ahead go to the playlist to see the unreleased episodes!
Ep29 - Seventeen Pounds per Square Inch
Ep30 - Five milliBar

Warning to those playing v1.3 of A2XT: The Calleoca fight is broken! When you reach phase three of the fight, the coin you're meant to collect doesn't spawn where it's supposed to. Apparently, if you backtrack to the first screen of the level after reaching the third phase, the coin will spawn there and you can complete the level. If anybody is able to fix this, please send me the level folder with the corrected fight.

This problem stopped me from recording the amount of episodes I needed for the week, which is a problem, so if folks know of any other major issues with future levels please let me know in advance so I can prepare! :)
Grounder

Re: Let's Play A2XT! - 29, 30 - Seventeen Pounds per Square Inch, Five milliBar

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
GenesisJames

Post by GenesisJames »

You finally made it to one of my two levels! Hopefully Navel Of The Universe still held up; like I said on the video, I hope it was a fun and rompy exploratory level. I hate it when those things drag on.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

I had a look through that page and it looks like it has great potential! Maybe not as much variety as the SMW engine, but maybe some good games have come out of it? I will look into this further :) (and I will take suggestions!)
Louiejub wrote: 6 years ago You finally made it to one of my two levels! Hopefully Navel Of The Universe still held up; like I said on the video, I hope it was a fun and rompy exploratory level. I hate it when those things drag on.
It holds up just fine :) I haven't recorded Dark Side of the Sun yet, but I think that should be in Friday's episode!

Welp, here's everything from the last week! For those who aren't subscribed, I do post an A2XT video everyday, I just can't always make the time to post them here :D
Ep31 - Eleven Inches of Mercury
Ep32 - Sixteen Pièzes
Ep33 - Return to 55 Cancri e
Ep34 - Forest Brigade Challenge
Ep35 - Another Sacred Expedition
Ep36 - Another Something Theme