(shouting)

test.smc.letsplay

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: test.smc.letsplay

Post by Ryrir »

petition to unsticky the psychonauts thread

kind of funny how raocow thought he was playing JUMP for a second there, although it is true that the design is similar
this is getting laundromatic
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

The hack is picking up nicely. The blind drop in the goal level isn't blind to the provident player: You know that you walk forward after getting the goal, so the trap (pit or lava) will be to the right and the safe ground to the left (if the author is playing fair, and he was).
dont wanna jihad no more
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

I think that's the first time I've seen a "dodge the goal" level combined with scrolling.

I had seen grabbing an item while on Yoshi in a couple TASes, but I didn't know it was that easy to do in real time.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Okay I'm sold on this it's basically a one-man collab hack, somehow
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Grabbing an item while on Yoshi has something to do with sprite slot magic, whether it's possible or not depends on which sprite slots the item and Yoshi are in (the same sort of stuff that determines whether thwomps and thwimps are shell-killable). I'd say raocow was a bit lucky he was able to do that here, but luck doesn't have much to do with it since this level's sprite spawn order is pretty static.

It's extremely easy to do with keys since they're the only item that doesn't do anything when landed on from above, for other items it's frame perfect since you have to touch them from the side while falling onto Yoshi at the exact same time.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

oh man mario is gonna have to go through yoshi's butt
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

Jumping through Boo Circles with autoscroll, huh?
Seems like a bad choice.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Yeah every level so far has had some material substance to it, but that boo carousel level really did feel like a test level that should've been scrapped from compilation.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

You can reliably jump off the conveyors under easily defined conditions.
-If moving up the slope (actively or by 'standing still'): always.
-If moving down the slope: always if the conveyor motion is also down the slope.
So the only unreliable case is when you're moving down the slope and the conveyor is against you. Any one should be able to work this out in a few minutes of experimentation. Alternatively, you may be in your third decade of playing this game and have no idea what is going on.
dont wanna jihad no more
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

What are the odds that raocow would mention two Megaman 5 robot masters in one level and then we'd see Stoneman's tile set used in the very next level? That's some sorcery right there.
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

You know, I would be really concerned if the insides of a living being have those things with barbs littered with them.
/insane fantasy biology ramblings
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

How many exits are we at?

I'm too lazy to count for myself, but since 100% is clearly marked at 41 exits...
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

My VLDC10 level has skull rafts in it and honestly they are wieners to do anything with, you put down sprites and depending on where you're riding the raft they're either completely irrelevant or you get cheesed to death
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

Grounder wrote: 7 years ago How many exits are we at?

I'm too lazy to count for myself, but since 100% is clearly marked at 41 exits...
We're about halfway through (there are five worlds in total). In world four the game picks up in difficulty though, so clearing levels will take longer
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Perhaps that Yoshi is dead inside, and those signals will never reach its brain. That's why the internal clock is pretty much fried.

Oh, yeah, there were levels. This has been a pretty good compilation so far, even if skull rafts aren't personally my idea of a good time. Both levels today were pretty solid, too. The secret Yoshi exit is nice, as it's hidden, but not too hard to find.

and I'll have to congratulate yogui every single day I post
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Grounder wrote: 7 years ago How many exits are we at?

After the 8th video, we are at 26 exits.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

We're not that close yet. I foresee many one-video-ers.
Mosts Awards:
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

thanks you two
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

I can sympathize with that Yoshi. I eat Italian plumbers by mistake on a regular basis.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

idk why but the secret exit for Yoshi's Diet was not intuitive at all for me at first. It took several playthroughs for me to understand. Also, the execution was pretty hard too.

The Bass level's dragon coins are a huge pain to get.
Mosts Awards:
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Oh hey, it's Betrayal Rock for Yoshis!
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

I liked that Yoshi's Diet level. Secret exit was really hard, but it's much of a real challenge, and the path of it goes to the one you want it to.
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

there were actually indicators where the thwomps would fall: in the first part the ground was slightly red and afterwards there was a weird graphical thing at the bottom row

so, not actually a bad level after all, just rao not noticing (kinda) obvious things
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ryrir wrote: 7 years ago there were actually indicators where the thwomps would fall: in the first part the ground was slightly red and afterwards there was a weird graphical thing at the bottom row

so, not actually a bad level after all, just rao not noticing (kinda) obvious things
Yeah but you're expecting raocow to pay attention which is simply never going to happen. It was definitely unfair of raocow to claim the level's full of bad decisions though when it actually does seem to mark most, if not all, of the surprise thwomps in some way.
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

to be fair it's a pretty challenging thing to design - you want the indicators to be obvious enough to avoid cheap deaths, but you don't want them to be too obvious otherwise the whole point of the level is gone

it's only natural that some people are going to notice the hints right away and others will have... a more difficult time with it

the fact that raocow could beat it just by running through everything is probably a good thing too, because it means that it's possible to beat even if you don't notice any of the signs