(shouting)

Old raocow archival, I guess

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Old raocow archival, I guess

Post by Kshaard »

So I decided to reupload the original Super Challenge World playthrough on Youtube because it's a complete pain in the neck to watch at this point in time. It'll be on the channel raoextra. I hope no-one objects to this; if anyone does, then I'll take down the channel. Otherwise, enjoy some vintage 2007 monkey-cheese*.

If I can find a way to download things from dailymotion, I might also upload Rob-omb's Quest, Super Mario World +2, Mario's Return and Chaos CompleXX on here. Maybe not.

edit: *After a bit of watching, it turns out 2007cow's commentary is actually more like 2017cow's than it is monkey-cheese honestly. I kind of wasn't expecting that.
Last edited by Kshaard 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Old raocow archival, I guess

Post by raocow »

I have no problems with that at all!
thank you so much for this, in fact
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Kshaard wrote: 7 years ago So I decided to reupload the original Super Challenge World playthrough on Youtube because it's a complete pain in the neck to watch at this point in time. It'll be on the channel raoextra. I hope no-one objects to this; if anyone does, then I'll take down the channel. Otherwise, enjoy some vintage 2007 monkey-cheese*.

If I can find a way to download things from dailymotion, I might also upload Rob-omb's Quest, Super Mario World +2, Mario's Return and Chaos CompleXX on here. Maybe not.

edit: *After a bit of watching, it turns out 2007cow's commentary is actually more like 2017cow's than it is monkey-cheese honestly. I kind of wasn't expecting that.
I thought all these were on youtube by various people already? (Or was it just the googlevideo stuff) If you want some of raocow's googlevideo or dailymotion stuff I have it all downloaded, I wouldn't mind uploading it to you to put up on youtube.
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

Xirix wrote: 7 years ago I thought all these were on youtube by various people already? (Or was it just the googlevideo stuff) If you want some of raocow's googlevideo or dailymotion stuff I have it all downloaded, I wouldn't mind uploading it to you to put up on youtube.
Not all of them - it's just these five series remaining not on Youtube. I guess I found it a bit odd, when trawling through raolists a couple of times, that for some reason those particular series had never been Youtubified along with all the other ones, so I decided to remedy that myself at some point. I would really appreciate the dailymotion videos of the four other series I've mentioned and it's very cool that you've already got them downloaded! :)

Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Alright um, I'll probably be able to up them to a mega account this week sometime, I'll PM you when they're ready.
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

Thanks, I really appreciate that. Good luck and Godspeed with the mega account thing.

Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow's œuvre will never truly be complete until we once more have mutant skateboarding pizza.
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 7 years ago raocow's œuvre will never truly be complete until we once more have mutant skateboarding pizza.
… I was going to ask for context, but then realised I would know soon enough anyway.

Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 7 years ago raocow's œuvre will never truly be complete until we once more have mutant skateboarding pizza.
Is that referring to one of the two videos raocow privated because the peeps he was with said it might cause problems? If anyone really really wants to watch those I could upload them for download too. (assuming I can remember which ones they were)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

It was Machinima who told him to keep it privatized. But now that raocow left there quite some time ago, maybe it wouldn't hurt to make it public again?

Or at least make it unlisted.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sebby19 wrote: 7 years ago It was Machinima who told him to keep it privatized. But now that raocow left there quite some time ago, maybe it wouldn't hurt to make it public again?

Or at least make it unlisted.
Unlisted videos still get flagged. If it's a potential copyright strike violation waiting to happen, you don't want to bother with it. It's the difference between being able to upload videos longer than 15:30 or not for six months. Six months.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

or maybe it's 2017 raocow is like 2007 raocow?!?!
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Okay since it was brought up, here's the two private videos for anyone that wants them. I'm sure raocow doesn't mind!?!?!!??!

Missing TSRP2 video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/m838uzdrxdncn ... n.mp4?dl=0

Missing Random Week 2 video, ie, the mutant pizza thing : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ym0r1vxuf58m ... y.mp4?dl=0
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

So SCW is all uploaded now. I admit, it's a bit difficult to watch sometimes, mostly due to the constant scream-at-the-screen-through-time-and-space moments, but it's still interesting to see how raocow's style and preferences have changed over the past 10 years.

raocow, I was wondering, if it's not too much to ask, whether raoextra could be put in your channel's sidebar along with raocowGV, raoclassic, etc.? For completion's sake and all that.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh I had forgotten about that!

on it!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

Chaos CompleXX is up.

That series would make for an … interesting … watch.

Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

Rob-Omb's Quest is now uploaded.

It's really not notable in any way. But you can watch it on Youtube now. Hooray?

Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

In my opinion, "old raocow" doesn't exist. I think "younger raocow" is a correct expression. 2007 raocow is younger than 2017 raocow. Am I wrong?
It's just my insistence...
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

Jongseok wrote: 7 years ago In my opinion, "old raocow" doesn't exist. I think "younger raocow" is a correct expression. 2007 raocow is younger than 2017 raocow. Am I wrong?
I suppose you're right, although "old raocow" is a normal thing to say as well. English is a weird language though, so in this case, I think "old raocow" and "young raocow" really mean just about the same thing as each other. And that's very odd.

AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Jongseok wrote: 7 years ago In my opinion, "old raocow" doesn't exist. I think "younger raocow" is a correct expression. 2007 raocow is younger than 2017 raocow. Am I wrong?
A while ago I came to that same realization with how we use the words 'old' and 'younger'. It's very confusing, but you are correct. However, people will still call this 'old raocow' because the videos themselves are older, if not the person in the videos.
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

AUS wrote: A while ago I came to that same realization with how we use the words 'old' and 'younger'. It's very confusing, but you are correct. However, people will still call this 'old raocow' because the videos themselves are older, if not the person in the videos.
Thank you. Now I understand it. I didn't know opposite words have same meaning like that.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Kshaard wrote: I suppose you're right, although "old raocow" is a normal thing to say as well. English is a weird language though, so in this case, I think "old raocow" and "young raocow" really mean just about the same thing as each other. And that's very odd.
That's why I learn English more. Koreans ask how "old" and "young" are same just like me.. :D
Kshaard
Dodo/

Post by Kshaard »

OK, so Mario's Return is all up now, and that's the last one. Also, it's probably the only "good" game out of the five series on raoextra, so there's that.

(Almost) every raocow video is now on Youtube, so hooray I guess. Now I can finally stop spamming the LP forum with posts about series from nine and a half years ago!