(shouting)

MegaMari - Mechanized Asthma vs Marisa and Alice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs Apathetic Money-Grubbing Agent

Post by Grounder »

Tenlade wrote: 7 years ago
raocow wrote: 7 years ago that is a pretty rad fanwork
If you mean the fanart ,the artist is Space jin, who has a really unique artstyle, but unfortunately uses it more often then not on a very painful looking fetish, so beware if you start checking out thier art.
Thankfully, they make very good use of the 18+ block-off category, even on Twitter.

They're one of my favorite artists!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs Aggressive Gardener and Apparition

Post by Kapus »

I feel youmu's level is designed to be a marathon level towards the end, where there's a long stairway climb with a complete gauntlet of enemies. Whether or not that excuses it as spammy design, I'll leave up in the air.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

A completely trash level in an otherwise decent game. No need for two staircase segments then when one's already enough.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I always thought the staircases were fine. If you don't waste your time trying to kill the red fairies and just focus on dodging instead of attacking

just like touhou

it goes a lot better. The real bullshit is the boat part. If you don't have a weapon to deal with a swarm of wisps that come above you, enjoy getting knocked off a 3-tile long platform and dying instantly.

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

If Alice charges Cirno's weapon but doesn't release it, can you sword things with it?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Voltgloss wrote: 7 years ago If Alice charges Cirno's weapon but doesn't release it, can you sword things with it?
Yep. According to the wiki you can damage enemies by ramming things with the ice, although if the ice is at the first charge level, the ice is used up upon contact.
Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Mind-manipulating Moon Rabbit

Post by Grounder »

TODAY'S CHALLENGER IS

Astro Woman!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

I just downloaded and started playing myself.

First, I tried following in raocow's footsteps and tackling Cirno's level, but decided to give that an early halt when I kept getting knocked back into pits.

Randomly chose another level and got Reimu's. Does seem to be a good way to get a toehold in the sequence as I was able to complete it. For variety I took Marisa's version of Reimu's weapon, which turns out to be the bouncing Yin-Yang orb. Can't seem to ride it sadly, but it does quite a bit of damage - killing enemies that take 3+ hits from Marisa in a single hit.

I also note that you can replay stages... and I note that there's something hidden in Reimu's stage behind the cherry blossoms: the game's equivalent of an E-tank. I wonder if the E-tank respawns with each run through the level?

Randomly chose another level and got Youmu's. The boat ride was a lot harder without the magnet missile. One thing that raocow's playthrough didn't make clear to me is that the blue and purple spirits during the boat sequence will *home in* on you - they keep looping and chasing you around until you destroy them, and the purples take multiple hits even from Marisa. I never died by falling off the boat, but I did die there a couple of times just by getting overwhelmed. On the flipside, liberal use of the Yin Yang orb let me bulldoze my way up the second staircase much more easily than raocow did. Ultimately Youmu defeated me though and I ran out of lives.

So instead of continuing I randomly chose another level and got... a level raocow hasn't played yet so I'll hold off on commenting on that.

One thing I *think* I noticed: when you encounter Tewi in one of those Big Eye equivalents, if you keep blasting away at it while backing up and then destroy Tewi's "capsule" that remains after you destroy the hopping mechanism, I *think* she doesn't respawn when you return to her spawn point. I think. It seemed like that happened to me but perhaps I just wasn't forced back far enough.
Last edited by Voltgloss 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

i actually like reisen's level a lot, very well designed. the boss is pretty tough though, was the reason i had to take a try at beating it after nearly every other level. marisa's reisen weapon is ok, it's really useful for killing the tewi big eyes though.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

Divemissile wrote: 7 years ago i actually like reisen's level a lot, very well designed. the boss is pretty tough though, was the reason i had to take a try at beating it after nearly every other level. marisa's reisen weapon is ok, it's really useful for killing the tewi big eyes though.
I honestly think Reisen is one of the easiest bosses in the game, along with reimu and cirno. She's a good start honestly because her stage isn't too bad and both of her possible weapons are great.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I told you about Top Spin, raocow

I told you
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

TODAY'S CHALLENGER IS

FLASH WOMAN!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Sakuya didn't win the poll raocow. Squidward did.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Divemissile

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Maid with Mysterious Maneuvers

Post by Divemissile »

raocow finally did sakuya woo hoo

i've been replaying this game and marisa's sakuya weapon is really ridiculous, helps a lot with the nature of how enemies are placed in this game. as for the next boss, uhh the guy weak to sakuya's weapon has already been beaten so i'd suggest eirin as the next one
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

Why was there a "Please help translate this channel" card on this video? Was it placed on purpose or is YouTube adding appropriate jokes to videos now? :D
Kapus
Master of Hiccup

Post by Kapus »

Yeah I guess you should tackle eirin's stage next. You're as ready as you'll ever be for it.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: MegaMari - raocow vs ASPE

Post by ano0maly »

no video today

you can blame Boo Trick
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

2day fitey person b

yucko yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Or Plant Woman, I guess.

Not pictured in the cropped version...

Adolf Hitler?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

What's with this Sean W. Stewart guy and his disturbing comments?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Zinfandel wrote: 7 years ago What's with this Sean W. Stewart guy and his disturbing comments?
Given his decidedly NSFL Tumblr account, I'm going to say that he gets a kick out of being deliberately creepy.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Grounder wrote: 7 years ago
Zinfandel wrote: 7 years ago What's with this Sean W. Stewart guy and his disturbing comments?
Given his decidedly NSFL Tumblr account, I'm going to say that he gets a kick out of being deliberately creepy.
Gives me unpleasant flashbacks of the same poster's comments on the Super Cat Planet videos.
kitikami

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Mistress of Massive Meals

Post by kitikami »

Ah yes, the old e1 to e5 chess maneuver, hallmark of the Saigyouji line of the Yukari Gambit Declined opening, where white foregoes castling in order to march their King to the center of the board in the hopes of getting swiftly checkmated, whereupon the practitioner can return to eating and/or sleeping. Quite a clever move indeed.

An actual Labyrinth of Touhou LP would be quite the disaster.

Voltgloss wrote:
Grounder wrote: 7 years ago
Gives me unpleasant flashbacks of the same poster's comments on the Super Cat Planet videos.
They've consistently done the same thing across several of raocow's LPs. You learn pretty quickly to just not start reading anything next to that name. Countless people have asked them to stop or dial it back to no avail, so there's not much you can do but ignore it at this point and hope they eventually either mature or get bored with it.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Remember when Klaty would leave incredibly cringeworthy comments? SWS is like that, but worse, and shows no sign of maturing.
Reb
let's all be happy :)
First name: sam
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Reb »

can individual users still block people like you could a few years ago when they added google+ to youtube?
because i'd rather not see his comments anymore,

just checked, yeah i was able to make it so i would never see his comments again. nice.
コンコン