(shouting)

MegaMari - Mechanized Asthma vs Marisa and Alice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs An Annoying Fairy

Post by ano0maly »

What you can do with the fortress is use passwords that start you out with more energy tanks, so you have a better shot. You can also use passwords to change your weapon configurations and try out different weapon setups. I linked to password instructions and other information in the OP.

A couple important points about weapons for raocow

• Remember to give Alice at least four of the eight boss weapons (giving the two girls four/four is recommended, but it's up to you). Alice gets an extra weapon once she has four boss weapons. Marisa's extra weapon is unlocked after you clear four stages, regardless of weapon setup.
  • When I play a game I typically like to try out all the various weapons and give each one a fair shot, but I strongly recommend you give Youmu's weapon to Alice. I would say Youmu gives one of the least effective weapons for Marisa and one of the strongest for Alice.
Divemissile wrote: 7 years ago as for the next boss, uhhhh i forgot whos weak to cirno so go for sakuya cause she was the easiest for me and gives alice a good weapon
It's

Eirin

that's weak to Cirno's weapon but I do not suggest going there next. That stage is nuts if you don't come prepared with proper arsenal, and something I loathe is when people start with "easy Cirno" (I actually find the ice-physics stage tricky for a first stage) and then jump straight to that stage just because the boss is weak to Cirno's weapon. There are other ways to attack bosses (and moreover, to choose the sequence for the stages you're playing) besides the weakness.

Edit) Alice's weapon from Sakuya isn't bad but Marisa's counterpart has more utility. I agree with her being pretty easy though.
Last edited by ano0maly 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Alice wrote: 7 years ago
radicalApollo wrote: 7 years agoOne thing though is that this game, for some reason, has a password system? Like, I understand wanting to do a send up to the Megaman games in that way, or even just like, the games of the past, but I've never understood wanting your game to have this kind of password system on purpose. It always felt like it'd be more of a pain than a charming bit of game design.
I don't disagree with you at all but I do think there's one part where a password system is better than a standard save system. It can act as a pseudo-cloud save setup so you can migrate saves between computers or even recover lost saves.
To add to that, passwords can be a handy way to skip to different parts of the game with specific setups, since they work in a sort of mix and match kind of way. For example, if you know how to work the password system in this game (the info can all be found on the touhou wiki), you can start with pretty much any combination of weapons between marisa and alice that you want, plus any e/w tanks. It has its uses.

EDIT: Also I agree, don't go to Eirin's stage next unless you're ready to deal with the absurdity. When I play the game I usually go there first because I'm kind of a masochist, but I don't recommend it until you've at least beaten youmu and/or yuyuko. If anything, the good weak link in this game to start out with is Reimu. She has a fair stage, her boss fight isn't too hard and she gives a decent weapon to both Marisa and Alice (Marisa's is probably better). Her stage also has an easy e tank to boot!
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

If you aren't feeling nostalgia while watching raocow play this, then it's safe to say you aren't a Touhou fan.

Can you believe it has been about 11 years since this game came out?
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

radicalApollo wrote: 7 years ago
kitikami wrote: 7 years ago From some of the YouTube comments, it seems there's a bit of a Shazaam situation where multiple people are sure they've seen raocow LP this game already.
I feel like they might be remembering the several times sprites from this game have shown up in things he's lets play'd already? Maybe?
I sort of remember that it was a level in A2MT (one of pholtos' ones I think) that has the sprites (as raocow mentioned in the video), and sort of similar behavior.

Speaking of remembering, I remember watching PinkKittyRose playing a no-death-buster-only-run of this game (with the no-hit version being way too difficult due to the danmaku nature of this game (as with other Touhou Fangames)).
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Wow raocow, I can't believe you beat the strongest boss already. The rest of the game should be easy sailing.
Blue

Post by Blue »

King of GETs wrote: 7 years ago If you aren't feeling nostalgia while watching raocow play this, then it's safe to say you aren't a Touhou fan.

Can you believe it has been about 11 years since this game came out?
I feel old now. Thanks.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

It's interesting that there are two characters to switch between but only one can get a boss weapon. I feel like Capcom should have tried that with a Mega Man X game.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

AuraLancer wrote: 7 years ago It's interesting that there are two characters to switch between but only one can get a boss weapon. I feel like Capcom should have tried that with a Mega Man X game.
Megaman & Bass is already bad enough as is.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs Apathetic Money-Grubbing Agent

Post by raocow »

that is a pretty rad fanwork
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

This stage music is so good

Clyceer
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Clyceer »

AuraLancer wrote: 7 years ago It's interesting that there are two characters to switch between but only one can get a boss weapon. I feel like Capcom should have tried that with a Mega Man X game.
I think Mega Man Xtreme 2, on Xtreme mode, works like that? Haven't played it myself.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

ano0maly wrote: 7 years ago Edit) Alice's weapon from Sakuya isn't bad but Marisa's counterpart has more utility. I agree with her being pretty easy though.
i haven't seen what marisa's sakuya weapon is, but personally alice's sakuya weapon was incredibly useful to me, just by

shooting at an angle

and because alice's buster is pretty bad imo.

i think i remember who was weak to reimu's weapon, but it was still a pretty tough fight even with the weakness, at least with marisa's weapon. i should probably replay this game sometime, but i still recommend sakuya next
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Out of the eight, there are thre final bosses (Eirin, Yuyuko, Remilia), three stage five bosses (Reisen, Youmu, Sakuya) and the two who have been defeated.

Is localized Touhou part of Aya's recently-released, short-lived fake news tabloid?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Divemissile wrote: 7 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 7 years ago Edit) Alice's weapon from Sakuya isn't bad but Marisa's counterpart has more utility. I agree with her being pretty easy though.
i haven't seen what marisa's sakuya weapon is, but personally alice's sakuya weapon was incredibly useful to me, just by

shooting at an angle

and because alice's buster is pretty bad imo.

It stops time for a short bit and summons a couple of rings of knives that strike once time resumes.

Useful for attacking everything in the screen and to escape in certain situations. Uses a lot of energy so you can only use it 4 times with a full bar.

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Divemissile wrote: 7 years agoalice's buster is pretty bad imo.
Personally I think it's better than Marisa's in a lot of situations. Marisa does more damage but Alice's buster hits in a line and sustains fire along that line while the button's held down. On top of that it pierces even through things it doesn't damage. With some of the really mobile enemies or for crowd control it's definitely superior. You can just hold down the fire button and focus on dodging instead.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Marisa's weapon form sakuya is definitely more useful (read: op), but I find Alice's more interesting and fun to use. It's also fairly powerful in its own right.

Speaking of which, don't forget to give Marisa some weapons, raocow!! Don't let Alice have all the fun.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

No, give everything to Alice

Marisa more like MariSUCKS !!!

Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 7 years agoNo, give everything to Alice
I totally agree.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Alice wrote: 7 years ago
Jesuiscontent wrote: 7 years agoNo, give everything to Alice
I totally agree.

Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs Aggressive Gardener and Apparition

Post by Grounder »

TODAY'S CHALLENGER IS

Blade Woman!

Another Safebooru link this time, one of the other images in the collection post is probably NSFW. :?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

The game over screen is very representative of how the player feels when playing this :v
Maybe not right now, but eventually for sure.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

That sure is level design.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago that is a pretty rad fanwork
If you mean the fanart ,the artist is Space jin, who has a really unique artstyle, but unfortunately uses it more often then not on a very painful looking fetish, so beware if you start checking out thier art.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

youmu's stage is definitely... a video game level. i find it plays better with some weapons that can kill multiple enemies at once (read: makes it playable), but it's still a definite extreme example of the spammy nature this game has at times. alice's youmu weapon is still amazing though, it's like a much better top spin if i recall correctly