(shouting)

MegaMari - Mechanized Asthma vs Marisa and Alice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Master Spark Mimicry

Post by Bean »

Is this enemy weak to Top Spin? This is always the answer one should find out immediately. The end. Thank you.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

So if you gave all 8 weapons to Marisa, you'd have to win that fight with Alice's basic beam? Harsh.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Wow, that went well.

This stage has my favorite music in the game, along with the title screen/prologue music.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Voltgloss wrote: 7 years ago So if you gave all 8 weapons to Marisa, you'd have to win that fight with Alice's basic beam? Harsh.
I'd say that was bad design but then I'd have to deal with anomaly screaming at me on discord for hours again.
Divemissile

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs Aggressive Authority

Post by Divemissile »

i was going to talk about how dumb and bad this stage is and how much i dislike it, but after seeing raocow have barely any trouble with it i think i might just be bad. huh. anyways while i think alice has a lot of good utility weapons, she lacks the usefulness of marisa's mega buster (marisabuster?) which is missing and makes some things hard to deal with. i also got so used to abusing the 'two health bars' thing marisa and alice have that i had a tough time going through the stage, plus if you don't get top spin you don't have the boss weakness period and the boss is pretty tough without it!

the rest of the fortress is surprisingly easy, if no other actual stages are left.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

The refights are what truly broke me at the end. Youmu and Yuyuko in particular. Getting melted while wasting a ton of weapon energy and not making progress never feels good.

Refights are a bad tradition.

e: And of course, then you gotta fight Patchy. It's too much at once!
Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Books vs Borrowers

Post by Grounder »

KIRISAME MARISA & ALICE MARGATROID VS PATCHOULI KNOWLEDGE
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Blue

Post by Blue »

Stink Terios wrote: 7 years ago The refights are what truly broke me at the end. Youmu and Yuyuko in particular. Getting melted while wasting a ton of weapon energy and not making progress never feels good.

Refights are a bad tradition.

e: And of course, then you gotta fight Patchy. It's too much at once!
Patchouli's first form has an instant kill weakness to Marisa's timestop because you can freeze time in the room before it and just skip it by walking past.

This is also true of the next two bosses.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I guess Aya and Lilly White weren't significant enough as mid-boss characters to make it into the refight stage with the Prismrivers and Meiling.

I'm pretty amazed (and relieved) raocow never game-overed to Patchouli and had to redo the boss fights. Especially considering this was recorded toward the end of a marathon session of the fortress stages, this is going really well.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

kitikami wrote: 7 years ago I guess Aya and Lilly White weren't significant enough as mid-boss characters to make it into the refight stage with the Prismrivers and Meiling.

I'm pretty amazed (and relieved) raocow never game-overed to Patchouli and had to redo the boss fights. Especially considering this was recorded toward the end of a marathon session of the fortress stages, this is going really well.
All Hail Top Spin
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

Geez, the vid from last night got, like, 32 dislikes. I wonder what happened?
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Zinfandel wrote: 7 years ago Geez, the vid from last night got, like, 32 dislikes. I wonder what happened?
Probably Sean W. Stewart and half of their 62 followers
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

We still love you, Alice.
Source.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

that's the end! i've said this before but i like this game a lot. i enjoy the gameplay, the weapons, art, music, and general design of the game. there's some definite design problems and really stupid things, but it's an overall good experience.

the patchouli fights are surprisingly easy. there's kind of a reverse difficulty curve where the first patchouli fight is the hardest, and the ufo and robot are kinda the same difficulty, but i think the robot's easier because of how easy it is to hit. having to do redo the refights after game overing to the first patchouli fight makes it worse, one of the things that make even some of the early mega man games badly designed.
kitikami

Re: MegaMari - Mechanized Asthma vs Marisa and Alice

Post by kitikami »

The rocking title music comes back for the finale, which I always thought was a neat touch given how well the music sets the tone for the game in general and the final fight specifically.

I really enjoyed this LP. It's always nice to see Touhou back on raocow's channel, and raocow always seems to do well with MegaMan games, so it was a good combination.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

This game was a bit shorter than I remembered. Was fun to watch.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Didn't say it because I forgot, but I'm pretty sure you can skip one of those Patch fights by using the time stop weapon and just running on to the next screen. Anyway, that was a fun little playthrough.