(shouting)

RAD PLAYS - Many And Several Good Things!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

RAD PLAYS - Many And Several Good Things!

Post by radicalApollo »

Hey! Hi! Hello! My name's Rad and I have a Lets Play Channel called Rad Plays! I made this channel, at first, with one thing in mind: To be a love letter, or at least, a "We should hang out more" letter to the GBA. It was one of the cornerstones of my childhood and I felt like I needed to give it the attention it deserved. So I created a series called "GBA Fun House" where I take a quick, and sometimes not so quick look at every GBA game ever made, even the ones I can't expressly understand (Those ones are reaaaaaal fun to try and work with)

I've Kinda split those videos into two sides:
Games that were PRETTY RAD and Trash garbage games

Someday, I'll have played every GBA Game, at least for a little bit.

BUT, singular videos aren't the only thing I do! I've also done full lets plays as well! Since their lengths vary, I'll be putting them under spoilers if they're finished, and outside of spoilers if they're still going! If you're interested, I hold votes on what to play next on my Patreon once a month!

Rad Plays - Aladdin (GBA): Rad Plays - Castlevania Aria of Sorrow: Rad Plays - Advance Guardian Heroes: Rad Plays - Viewtiful Joe: Rad Plays - Freedom Planet: Rad Plays - Hyper Light Drifter: Rad Plays - Kirby's Dreamland 3
[Part 1] To Kill A Mocking Gooey
[Part 2] Gooey: The Last Airbender
[Part 3] Star Wars VIX - The Gooey Awakens
[Part 4] Fear and Gooey In Las Vegas
[Part 5] The Gooeyfather

More to come every weekday, both of my Lets Plays and of GBA Fun House!
If you have any constructive criticism, I'd be happy to hear it! I hope you have a very nice day!
Last edited by radicalApollo 7 years ago, edited 7 times in total.
Lets Play Youtube: [Link right here yo]
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Re: RAD PLAYS - Many And Several Good Things!

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - bit Generations - Soundvoyager

This game was extremely interesting. I've played a lot of rhythm games in my time, but not very many straight up music games, or even ones that just focus so hard on the sound in the game. Something about this game interests the heck out of me, and it feels like an interesting concept of building up music as you play it, and your reward is basically another mini game where you use sound to win.

It's also interesting for find a Game Boy Advance game that, from what I can tell, you NEED a set of headphones for. This game just would not work without them, and ESPECIALLY wouldn't work with the GBA's mono stereo set up.

What a neat game.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Rad Plays - Hyper Light Drifter [Part 16]

In this episode, I start trying to find some of the junk I missed on my way around the world. There's a chance I, even now, miss some things in the upcoming episodes because I mostly bumblefuck my way into secrets, but I find a lot of joy in it regardless. That said, there's a good chunk of new content in this episode to start with!
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - Black Belt Challenge

Okay, so, this has got to be one of the worst fighting games I've played, or seen really. From what I can gather, it's entirely based on your for buttons, and you only gave two specials for your lights.
The weirdest thing of all is your special bar, which seems to work on the idea that every time you get a pip, you get a random button on it, and when it's full, you're suppose to do the chain that it gives you, except this game doesn't really have chains so I don't... now what they expect from you? That and the fact that it's too large in the first place is A Problem.

It's Wack Yo.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Rad Plays - Hyper Light Drifter [Part 17]

The search for McGuffins continues until I have JUST enough of that good good to take on the SUPER locked area and see what the skies above heaven have for us! This game never stops bein super neat does it?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, at least the controls work from what I can tell unlike that one Yu Yu Hakusho fighter. That's the bottom of the fighting game barrel.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Bean wrote: 7 years ago Well, at least the controls work from what I can tell unlike that one Yu Yu Hakusho fighter. That's the bottom of the fighting game barrel.
Trust me the barrel goes so much deeper. Like there is a hidden second barrel under the barrel.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - Blackthorne

What an odd game. Honestly, I've never been very good at these kind of platformers. You know the Oddworld/Out Of This World types. It's really interesting though, and if nothing else, I can say this game PLAYS good. I'm just no good at it.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Rad Plays - Hyper Light Drifter [Part 18]

Some of the places the secrets in this game are hidden are kind of absurd, but I don't really mind that much. It just means my recording sessions are a bit longer than normal. That bit's not the best honestly, but it'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

I don't know if I would really stick it out for all the content if this were any other game, but Hyper Light Drifter tickles me in all the right ways I really love it.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - Blades Of Thunder

This game is... worrying. Like VERY worrying. Like, because of the time it came out in, and the general idea behind the game, it was extremely ugly for the time. Like, its hard to find any info about this game honestly, so it's hard to tell when it actually came out outside of 2001, but regardless, it's like...

No good no matter how you slice it, which is a shame because it's otherwise a pretty alright game. Like, it's decently fun and doesn't play too badly.

If only the subject matter and unfortunate release timing were not... things. I suppose.

Bluh.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Rad Plays - Hyper Light Drifter [Part 19]

You know, I really enjoy this game, but again, some of the secrets are so obtuse that it's a bit hard to praise it all the way through. I'm still obviously loving it, but getting to the content locked behind all this stuff feels a lot better than actually... getting it I suppose. Hopefully the last area two, maybe three areas won't be too bad.
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - Blender Bros.

Dang this game is fun! Like, I've never really heard of this game before really, which is part of the reason why I'm doing this in the first place, but honestly, this is a joy to play! I've always been a huge fan of platformers, and to find one that is like, really good that I've seen no one really talk about is rare! What a neat game!
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - Bomberman Jetters: Densetsu No Bomberman

After a short break that I didn't really want to take while trying to sort out my new mic, I RETURN! I return with the first of many Bomberman games, the rest of which will be dropping next week! That said, this one really wasn't what I was expecting, but it's neat to play a Bomberman game that's like... an adventure game. Almost all the ones that I've played before have been standard fair type stuff, but this one's super interesting, if a bit confusing due to the language barrier. Damn you myself for not knowing Japanese all the time!

Either way, this game is neat and I'd be super happy to see more of it, preferably in english though...
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Oh man, I didn't know you had joined the forum, but I'm glad to see you here man. I've been enjoying that recent Kirby playthrough and I hope to see you play it through and through.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Yeah I've been meaning to get on this here talkhaus for a while now and I'm really glad I did!

Yeah though, I've been meaning to update this thread recently but I've been letting it get away from me! Sometime this weekend I'm gonna get the recent videos up and ready to go on here!
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Yeah, I've been in the same boat recently as well haha. I haven't been on the forum for quite awhile now, but after making some videos and doing some personal things, I'm super glad to be back.

I'll be sure to keep an eye open for your next part. Maybe I'll get around to making a Let's Play thread here when I feel like I'm up for the task. :)
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

So I've been a bit distracted by several hundred things and haven't updated the thread in a bit, and since the last update, made several videos!

To save the thread space for now with the catch up, I'll be posting the last string of GBA Fun House videos under a spoiler! It'll be a good time!

Anyways here it is!

Regular posting will keep up from this point on!
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

Along with this stuff, I also checked out this game here!

Indie Darlings - Spark The Electric Jester

This game is... honestly just so good. It's basically what would happen if you mixed Sonic with Kirby. It feels amazing to play and has a flow to it that makes you feel powerful.

This game was apparently on Kickstarter, and did rather well, so good for them!

The biggest problem is that it has some problems with crashing, or at least mine does. I don't know if it's a constant thing, but it happened consistently with me if I went into the menus. In honestly, it messed up the video capture pretty bad if I went in to the menu in the first place.

Even through that, I really suggest checking this game out? It's radical!
radicalApollo
The King Of Wrong Style

Post by radicalApollo »

GBA Fun House - Boxing Fever

There's not much to say here other than this is probably the worst boxing game I've ever played, and there are a lot of bad boxing games.