(shouting)

Psychonauts - end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Re: Psychonauts - War Driven Narcolepsy

Post by ztarwuff »

Oh, Psychonauts! I bought it, but the game gave me really bad motion sickness, so I stopped playing.
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

the wonderful exploding kids brought me much glee

this is the price you pay for providing unwanted motivation
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Willhart wrote: He could also stream them which could be quicker and more flexible, with no need for editing/upload.
I would literally explode with joy
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Well, finally watched a few episodes to see if perhaps watching would be better than playing.

The answer?

No. So much nausea. Guess this is one series I'll be giving a miss.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

I'm thankful to never ever get motion sickness except for gaming while in a car
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ivy wrote:I would literally explode with joy
I seriously don't get why people get so excited over streams. It requires you to run on someone else's schedule. And if you can't do that then you're screwed. Even more so when Twitch seems to have seriously gimped the ability to actually store previous streams on their site. (Also the fact that streams tend to be multi-hour things meaning you have to dedicate a lot more time to watching them as well.)
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Alice wrote:
I seriously don't get why people get so excited over streams. It requires you to run on someone else's schedule. And if you can't do that then you're screwed. Even more so when Twitch seems to have seriously gimped the ability to actually store previous streams on their site. (Also the fact that streams tend to be multi-hour things meaning you have to dedicate a lot more time to watching them as well.)
Don't forget the needless screen clutter, like having the chat on screen so you can read it twice.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

And the streamer feels the need to respond to the chat, to make them feel "involved", which detracts from their concentration on the actual game.

raocow's commentary style isn't well-suited to that. Much more fun to just let him ramble and see what happens.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

Add to that the extremely selfish fact that my computer can't run Twitch but can just about cope with Youtube. :P
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Alice

Post by Alice »

Kshaard wrote:Add to that the extremely selfish fact that my computer can't run Twitch but can just about cope with Youtube. :P
Pretty sure bandwidth would be a huge concern for raocow to top it off too. As far as I'm aware he still has a bandwidth cap.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Kshaard wrote:Add to that the extremely selfish fact that my computer can't run Twitch but can just about cope with Youtube. :P
Same here. My internet doesn't have a data cap, but it's kind of slow, so streams are choppy, while YouTube mostly works. Mostly.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Ometeotl wrote: Don't forget the needless screen clutter, like having the chat on screen so you can read it twice.
As if raocow would have a chat overlay or any of that nonsense
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Ivy wrote:
Ometeotl wrote: Don't forget the needless screen clutter, like having the chat on screen so you can read it twice.
As if raocow would have a chat overlay or any of that nonsense
It has already happened.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

whenever I stream again I won't have the chat on. I just kind of had it on because horikawa took the time to set it up for me and I wanted to try it, plus I was still stunned by the newness of it all.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Ometeotl wrote:
Alice wrote:
Don't forget the needless screen clutter, like having the chat on screen so you can read it twice.
thats for people watching the VoD if they're uploaded to youtube. One speedrunner i watch thier videos of often times will directly respond to something a person said in chat while playing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the above is why uploading stream archives just... doesn't really work.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Well, i find they work because i watch them, but its not a format everyone likes, and a several hour stream is a major deviation from the usual raocow video of small daily segments.
edit: also raocow's video format is actually different with an audiance, like the videos he does with horikawa. He can't exactly go on nonsequitor statements when he has to actually respond to someone.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Tenlade wrote:Well, i find they work because i watch them, but its not a format everyone likes, and a several hour stream is a major deviation from the usual raocow video of small daily segments.
edit: also raocow's video format is actually different with an audiance, like the videos he does with horikawa. He can't exactly go on nonsequitor statements when he has to actually respond to someone.
He could stream alone too, though that would not be as fun.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Tenlade wrote:Well, i find they work because i watch them, but its not a format everyone likes, and a several hour stream is a major deviation from the usual raocow video of small daily segments.
This combined with being stuck to the streamer's schedule are the biggest reasons I don't do streams personally. Even the Patreon videos were too long for me, let alone multihour streams. Also I'm a fairly severe insomniac so my schedule is anything but stable (well it's relatively stable now but it's a 26 hours sort of stable rather than 24 hours stable, lol) meaning I could very easily miss a stream because I was asleep.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

While YT VODs do miss out on chat, I'd rather have that incase I do happen to want to look back.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

raocow made the same mistake I did the first time w/the parking lot thing, mistaking flavour text for a side quest.
Reb
let's all be happy :)
First name: sam
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by Reb »

this thread can't seem to not get sidetracked, haha

I'm glad we're out of military war zone, it was kinda dull to look at even though it was really decent in terms of atmosphere
given most of the game is like that from what I remember
コンコン
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

the thread's sidetracked state is a reflection of raocow's approach to psychonauts' hubworld and ability to get lost on a straight line

speaking of which I wish I had psychic powers with which to remotely beat some sense into him when it comes to things like maps and controls
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

honestly if rao is going to be distracted by absolutely everything he sees i think this lp is gonna be too painful for me to watch

this game does not blend well with his playstyle
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage