(shouting)

Psychonauts - end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: Psychonauts - Tabletop Party of Split Personality

Post by YelseyKing »

Dark_Paratroopa wrote: 7 years agoAlso, to get the skull:
I think he has to telekineses rocks into the little geysers, and once the right one is plugged the skull comes out? Or something with telekineses at least.
Actually...
Just stand on the other geyser and use Shield.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Alice wrote: 7 years ago
YelseyKing wrote: 7 years agoWhile only a few minutes earlier, fighting an epic battle with and throwing everything he has (except that obscure "examine" button) at an outhouse door.
I'm actually really curious how he has managed to consistently forget that button throughout this entire LP despite needing to use it fairly often.
What I've learned from watching this LP is that you actually don't need to press the "use" key nearly as often as I used to think. Lots of things that I thought you had to "use", you can punch-to-activate instead, and that's what raocow's been doing most of the time. It's apparently actually really rare that you need the "use" key to proceed.
went

Post by went »

Psst Mr. Cow, the Cruller you are looking for is not the one in the lab, but the one in the Wilderness, outside of Sasha's lab. Remember he has different personalities and all that stuff, so you have to talk to "Ranger" Cruller, not "Agent" Cruller.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Oh thank god raocow is not going after all the figments! The rest of the collectibles are pretty manageable.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

What happens if you do happen to go for all the figments?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

SAJewers wrote: What happens if you do happen to go for all the figments?
You slowly go mad, as there are hundreds per stage, and in places like Milla's Dance Party, Black Velvetopia, and Waterloo World, blend in incredibly well with the backgrounds at times. And some of them *move*.

Collecting *all* the figments, along with basically every *other* collectable, gets you rank 101. Which is bragging rights and little else. You get power upgrades until rank 95, a bonus ending scene at rank 100. Is it worth it? Probably not, unless you're a completionist. I did it. I'd do it again. But I'm also... well, kind of crazy that way. So.

Moists:

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago What happens if you do happen to go for all the figments?
You double your playtime.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I mean it wouldn't be so bad if raocow had been more studious about picking up the ones he saw, but

I don't want him to go after them (or if he does do it off camera or something)
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

BTW, raocow. There's one more noteworthy thing to get in Waterloo World. It's not *essential*, but it's kind of nice. Check the rooftops.

Moists:

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Starts around 0:27...

And then jumps to something about spinach dip.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

So Milla's name is actually pronounced with the L's? I always thought it was "Mi-ya", like in the Spanish manner. "Mill-a" just sounds so... wrong.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Dark Hunter wrote: 7 years ago So Milla's name is actually pronounced with the L's? I always thought it was "Mi-ya", like in the Spanish manner. "Mill-a" just sounds so... wrong.
It *is* pronounced the Spanish way. It's spoken aloud in earlier cutscenes.

Moists:

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

okay we found the one thing everyone was screaming at you to find, LP is over now gg
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Parama wrote: 7 years ago okay we found the one thing everyone was screaming at you to find, LP is over now gg
Its almost silly in how dark that is. Like whats the most dark tragic backstory we could give a character? made even more dark because

she's psychic and could therefore sense the children's agony as they were burned alive calling for help.

kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I'm not a fan of that Milla nightmare room/vault. On top of being over-the-top dark and depressing, it's not really relevant to the game and comes completely out of nowhere, clashes pretty seriously with Milla's stage/character/other vault, and is dropped right in the middle of a game that plays fatal accidents for laughs. I guess they were going for the idea that Milla's carefree party-all-the-time nature is a coping device to suppress her trauma, but when that development is irrelevant and doesn't mesh well with the tone of the rest of the game, it just feels completely unnecessary.
Money

Post by Money »

kitikami wrote: 7 years ago I'm not a fan of that Milla nightmare room/vault. On top of being over-the-top dark and depressing, it's not really relevant to the game and comes completely out of nowhere, clashes pretty seriously with Milla's stage/character/other vault, and is dropped right in the middle of a game that plays fatal accidents for laughs. I guess they were going for the idea that Milla's carefree party-all-the-time nature is a coping device to suppress her trauma, but when that development is irrelevant and doesn't mesh well with the tone of the rest of the game, it just feels completely unnecessary.
Apparently it was gonna play a bigger part of the game but was dropped late in development. Those two out of nowhere bosses in Milkman Conspiracy were made for it and were just stuck in because they didn't want to waste them.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

MoneyMan wrote: 7 years ago
kitikami wrote: 7 years ago I'm not a fan of that Milla nightmare room/vault. On top of being over-the-top dark and depressing, it's not really relevant to the game and comes completely out of nowhere, clashes pretty seriously with Milla's stage/character/other vault, and is dropped right in the middle of a game that plays fatal accidents for laughs. I guess they were going for the idea that Milla's carefree party-all-the-time nature is a coping device to suppress her trauma, but when that development is irrelevant and doesn't mesh well with the tone of the rest of the game, it just feels completely unnecessary.
Apparently it was gonna play a bigger part of the game but was dropped late in development. Those two out of nowhere bosses in Milkman Conspiracy were made for it and were just stuck in because they didn't want to waste them.
The ultimate evil for developers is time constraints.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Except for Valve, who don't know what time constraints are.

But in their case the worst evil is their own lack of interest.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

It would be less jarring if the other mindscapes also had hidden nightmare zones, I think. That'd actually be pretty cool, seeing what all the characters' worst fears/experiences are. And it'd be a better way of showing off Gloria's backstory than just dumping dull exposition on the player.

My main problem with it though is that Milla just doesn't shut up when you find it. It would've honestly been a lot creepier and more effective if she just didn't say anything at all when you found it.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

10204307 wrote: 7 years ago My main problem with it though is that Milla just doesn't shut up when you find it. It would've honestly been a lot creepier and more effective if she just didn't say anything at all when you found it.

My main problem with Psychonauts is that it just doesn't shut up when you do anything. It would've honestly been a lot better and more atmospheric if it just let its creative character designs and environments speak for themselves.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I'm glad raocow managed to find the puppy orphanage, I was worried he'd miss it due to his unwillingness to destroy things.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

tirakai wrote: 7 years ago I'm glad raocow managed to find the puppy orphanage, I was worried he'd miss it due to his unwillingness to destroy things.

He spoke too soon. It was just a mattress factory.

Moists:

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

YelseyKing wrote: 7 years ago
tirakai wrote: 7 years ago I'm glad raocow managed to find the puppy orphanage, I was worried he'd miss it due to his unwillingness to destroy things.

He spoke too soon. It was just a mattress factory.
Who says those are mutually exclusive?
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

10204307 wrote: 7 years ago My main problem with it though is that Milla just doesn't shut up when you find it. It would've honestly been a lot creepier and more effective if she just didn't say anything at all when you found it.
Would that kind of make sense in-story? If a child sees something potentially traumatizing, you do whatever you can to try and keep them calm. Considering it's going on within Milla's mindscape, there's not much more she can do besides keep talking to Raz and try to not let him focus on the traumatizing thing.

Speaking of which, does anybody know what Milla sees Raz as when you use Clairvoyance? I don't recall if you get a legit opportunity, but the developers actually give characters responses to things that you literally cannot do in-game, like the G-Men in the Milkman level having responses and voiced dialogue to the Confusion Grenades.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

kurt91 wrote: 7 years agoSpeaking of which, does anybody know what Milla sees Raz as when you use Clairvoyance? I don't recall if you get a legit opportunity, but the developers actually give characters responses to things that you literally cannot do in-game, like the G-Men in the Milkman level having responses and voiced dialogue to the Confusion Grenades.
You can, near the end of the game. She sees Raz as

a baby

Moists: