(shouting)

Psychonauts - end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dark_Paratroopa

Re: Psychonauts - Tabletop Party of Split Personality

Post by Dark_Paratroopa »

raocow, the scavenger hunt items have to be turned in to Ranger Cruller specifically, not janitor or sane cruller or what have you.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

kurt91 wrote: 7 years ago
10204307 wrote: 7 years ago My main problem with it though is that Milla just doesn't shut up when you find it. It would've honestly been a lot creepier and more effective if she just didn't say anything at all when you found it.
Would that kind of make sense in-story? If a child sees something potentially traumatizing, you do whatever you can to try and keep them calm. Considering it's going on within Milla's mindscape, there's not much more she can do besides keep talking to Raz and try to not let him focus on the traumatizing thing.
I dunno, if she didn't say anything I'd easily buy that the room is just outside of where she's focusing on (since it's hidden off in a corner), or that she just isn't aware that she left an entrance to the nightmare zone there. (I'm actually wondering why she doesn't just wall it off since she knows it's there, especially since she's letting the camp children roam around in her mind like that...)

On a semi-related note: I really like how the mind-vaults don't have any text to go along with them, instead relying on the (pretty cool-looking) art to convey the characters' backstories. It's nice.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

That's kind of missing the point of the room being there in the first place, the memory is always present in the back of her mind and no matter how much she tries to keep it hidden Raz still makes her remember. Her staying silent and just ignoring or not noticing Raz wouldn't have the same implications.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I don't know if it's even possible to "wall off" that memory. She's literally letting other people wander around in her mind. She has to expect some invasion of privacy when that happens.

I think that's indicated when Raz gets near the entrance: all of her concern is for him being affected from seeing that trauma, and not for herself for her secrets being revealed.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

hey raocow

make sure to get psi-cores for the like 70 cards you have dude you can get extra levels and stuff and it's good

especially since a point of no return is COMING UP MAYBE BEFORE YOU EVEN READ THIS
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

for srs, if it's not already too late at least buy however many cores you can with whatever arrowheads you have and do everything else you want around the camp and asylum.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Crow

Post by Crow »

just spend like 5 minutes to farm arrowheads if you really need to lol. you only need 10 per core

and you bought that random dream fluff for 50 for no real reason also

Post by 10204307 »

Parama wrote: 7 years ago just spend like 5 minutes to farm arrowheads if you really need to lol. you only need 10 per core

and you bought that random dream fluff for 50 for no real reason also
I thought he accidentally exited out of the shop window without buying it?
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

The funny part is, he more than likely wouldn't *have* to do any grinding to get PSI cores if he dug up all the regular arrowheads he passed while collecting stuff in the camp.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.

Post by 10204307 »

I guess they just forgot to make music for this part or something? I mean it's not really like the music in this game is very good anyway, but it would be nice for it to not be completely silent all the time.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

You missed a room down at the bottom. I don't know if there's anything in it but you're missing a card or brain next episode it's probably down there.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

10204307 wrote: 7 years ago I guess they just forgot to make music for this part or something? I mean it's not really like the music in this game is very good anyway, but it would be nice for it to not be completely silent all the time.
The silence was successfully atmospheric when I played this game way back when. Your milage may vary.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Time for platforming and more platforming. And creepy shadow heads with annoying voices who won't shut up! :evil:

raocow has apparently forgotten he can shoot things such as exploding rats. After all that time trying to shoot things that can't be affected in earlier parts, the moment it would be useful he forgets it's a thing. Classic raocow.

Post by 10204307 »

I feel like silence is atmospheric in small amounts, but like, when you've got a long platforming section where you can fall down and have to repeat entire section, it just becomes grating. It's hard to get spooked by something you've seen several times already.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

10204307 wrote: 7 years agoI mean it's not really like the music in this game is very good anyway
I beg to differ, the theater level had fantastic music
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Someone who thinks the Theater level had good music. Well, that's a new one...
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

They're like the only tracks I can remember in the game offhand, lol

Oh yeah, the wrestleman's world had good music too. Waterloo was ok.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

The asylum is pretty creepy. The first time I played, it was pretty late at night when I got to it and it felt legit unsettling. The confusion rats are the worst though.

I do think the brains are dumbest collectible in the game. If they're going to be using the brains for nefarious purposes, why are they just laying around the asylum? And they jars are still intact, so they had to have been placed there. Yes, it's a game, I get it, but it still bothers me.
Blue

Post by Blue »

RedMageMike wrote: 7 years ago The asylum is pretty creepy. The first time I played, it was pretty late at night when I got to it and it felt legit unsettling. The confusion rats are the worst though.

I do think the brains are dumbest collectible in the game. If they're going to be using the brains for nefarious purposes, why are they just laying around the asylum? And they jars are still intact, so they had to have been placed there. Yes, it's a game, I get it, but it still bothers me.
Half of them are awkwardly shoved into a single room at almost the end of the game. I'm sure there were grander plans for the brains and their mechanics, but Tim Schafer is not a man famous for being able to handle a budget.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Honestly, that's what it feels like
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

It's also weird that you have to break the jars to take the brains instead of just taking the jars. Oleander may be the villain, but he is definitely taking much better care of the brains than Raz is.

The revelation that Oleander was rejected from every branch of the military and has probably never served in an actual war really changes the interpretation of his mental scape. The fact that he shows no signs of anything close to PTSD and approaches war and violence with so much gusto and enthusiasm, including thinking it is funny to throw kids into a trench warfare mindscape and watch them violently fail, makes much more sense if his mindscape is based on his romantic delusions about war and not any actual war experiences.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Man, I don't remember Bubbles being this annoying...

Anyway, as you probably know by now, that was the point of no return, and it saved on a backup file, or something.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

Oh hey it's Fidget.
Crow

Post by Crow »

sad that raocow neglected to turn in all those brains for extra HP, [spoil]since he might need it[/spoil]
Crow

Post by Crow »

sad that raocow neglected to turn in all those brains for extra HP,

since he might need it