(shouting)

Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by Voltgloss »

S.N.N. wrote:
Parama wrote:I just can't enjoy Axiom Verge because Environmental Station Alpha does everything it does but way better & has more depth to it as well
Man, this is like, my exact feeling towards both of these games. I liked Axiom Verge a lot, but something about the atmosphere of ESA clicked way more with me.
Well, I've just started ESA, so I guess I have quite a lot to look forward to!
Sebby19

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by Sebby19 »

Ometeotl wrote:
Sebby19 wrote:raocow, I've said this several times now, head back to the Mansion with the rescued friends for something awesome.
That was it? That was the totally awesome thing worth pestering him over?
Yeah yeah, I'm underwhelmed too.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Money

Post by Money »

Honestly reading the interview it's prob for the best a bunch of stuff was cut. It sounds like a bunch of tacked on fluff that doesnt complement the core gameplay at all. Too bad about the third act being cut and the strain it put on the creator tho, I'm guessing that's where the question of "what about the king?" would've been answered.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

S.N.N. wrote:
Parama wrote:I just can't enjoy Axiom Verge because Environmental Station Alpha does everything it does but way better & has more depth to it as well
Man, this is like, my exact feeling towards both of these games. I liked Axiom Verge a lot, but something about the atmosphere of ESA clicked way more with me.
I mean it was an okay enough game. I didn't think it was awful, just very... average. And inevitably I have to compare it to the superior experience which it reeeeally doesn't hold up against. Mostly, exploration in Axiom Verge is awful and I resorted to looking up maps pretty quickly when trying to clean up stuff because of it.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I missed the autograph quest as well. It's kind of unfortunate that the game has an achievement called "Savior of Falana" for completing 20 sidequests when there are 21 sidequests, and the player is likely to finish the 20th without having initiated the 21st in the quest list. I just assumed that achievement was for completing all the quests since it showed up after completing the last quest in the list.

I think the premise of the sequel should be to mirror this game, with Dust and Fidget going through the world fighting monsters, trying to figure out what is going on with the king behind Gaius, etc. And then when they reach the climactic twist, where in the first game it's revealed that Dust is the combined souls of Jin and Cassius, in the sequel it's revealed that the entire game Dust has been literally useless in combat since he's just a cloud of dust with no physical presence, and he just never noticed because Fidget has been covering for him the whole time. Cue Dust's crises of identity and confidence, Fidget sticking up for him and giving him motivational words, and the two once again coming together to let Dust watch Fidget take down the bad guy and then somehow getting credit for it while Fidget doesn't really mind since she just wants to get things taken care of and hang out with her friends. Then for the ending cutscene, they show Fidget and Dust hanging out with their friends, having a good time, while the camera slowly pans up to reveal Fidget's drawing of herself framed above the mantel.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

raocow is pretty good at voice acting.

I think this game was pretty enjoyable overall to watch, even if there was not too much challenge. Rompy parts can make for fun commentary.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

The Doctor wrote:It has to be Dynamite Headdy. People have been pushing raocow to play that for a while and he seemed to really like the footage that he saw during that patreon trailers video.

Although I'm still hoping for Faxanadu.
congrats
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
castlepokemetroid
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by castlepokemetroid »

SHEEEEEEEEEEP!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIiVKrUx5g4

Is this enough to make it into it's own topic, I wonder?
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here