(shouting)

Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by ztarwuff »

Honestly, raocow, who uses lightning to kill the undead? :roll:

On a serious note, I don't think it matters. I've never really noticed any difference in damage dealt between Fidget's powers.
Grounder

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by Grounder »

12 minutes?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

ztarwuff wrote:Honestly, raocow, who uses lightning to kill the undead? :roll:

On a serious note, I don't think it matters. I've never really noticed any difference in damage dealt between Fidget's powers.
Really? I was going to suggest raocow switch to fire, since that is normally what Zombies are weak too in RPGs. And I'd figured those bugs and their nests wouldn't like fire either.

Anyways, there is something off about that lady. Maybe she needs those items for some dark ceremony...

She's a witch!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Yeah, the main functional difference between Fidget's attacks I could notice was just how they aim and target enemies, not how much damage they do. I think her initial shot type can end up doing less damage though since it is worse at targeting and tends to get fewer hits in. I think they also have different effects on how they physically move enemies when they hit, so if you are trying to juggle enemies to use aerial dust storm to sequence break, it can also make a difference.

Save point healing is pretty useful whenever you are low on health, so if you are near a save point and not in any immediate danger, there usually isn't any need to consume health items.

Geehan's farm was a couple days ago, but that might be my favourite area in the game. It's short, but the break from combat to do the little eggplant puzzles was a nice and relaxing contrast to the rest of the game, and it was also useful to learn more about how the eggplants work in a stress-free environment.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I feel sort of bad for Knife-Hand Norris now. When he was hired, they told him he was signing on for the job of mysterious, super-cool badass miniboss, but it turns out the only position they actually had open at the moment was that of punching bag. And, well, Norrie, he needed the money, so...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I got a chuckle at the part where you kept trying to physically strike that wizard dude that teleports every time you try to attack it that way.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Physically attacking the wizards is actually less useless than it seems since forcing them to teleport stops them from summoning enemies for the time being. One of the most efficient ways to fight them is to have Fidget attack and the use aerial dust storm to magnify her magic while constantly zigging and zagging through the wizard to keep it busy until either it runs out of HP or you have to stop dust storming.

It is amusing to see Dust wildly flailing at it while Fidget bails him out.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

this is easily the least interesting part of the game, i don't know why he both made it four mansions and made them so spread out because this area is kind of way too big with little to show for it tbh
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

Parama wrote:this is easily the least interesting part of the game, i don't know why he both made it four mansions and made them so spread out because this area is kind of way too big with little to show for it tbh
I personally found the wizards to be incredibly annoying, but then, I was always too afraid to use up the Dust Storm meter.
Money

Post by Money »

This wouldve been a ton more interesting if it was just one big mansion you had to explore and find the four mcguffins in. As it stands there's just a ton of dead time spent going place to place that doesnt stand to do anything but pad the game
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

MoneyMan wrote:This wouldve been a ton more interesting if it was just one big mansion you had to explore and find the four mcguffins in. As it stands there's just a ton of dead time spent going place to place that doesnt stand to do anything but pad the game
It doesn't help that for some reason rao refused to do more than one a video.

I don't know if he's trying to drag the game out or what, but we could have been done with this area way sooner.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I mean if he did 2 in one video we'd be getting 30 minute videos, which I don't want
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah, that was kind of the problem.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

On the contrary, I'm totally cool with half hour videos.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Le Neveu de Rameau

I have a sneaking suspicion that those two blueprints which were each the sole contents of a treasure chest may have been of an unusually high stat-enhancing power. Might be worth seeing how they compare to the current equipment...
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Has someone kept track of the 4-key chests he hasn't opened due to lack of keys? Because he skipped one yesterday, then didn't go back to get it today when had enough keys :/
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I concur, don't forget that to return to that isolated area where the cage was!

Actually, I think all the screens surrounding that isolated area is the place where you can achieve the 1000 hit combo. raocow racked up a huge combo without even trying while going downhill.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ivy wrote:On the contrary, I'm totally cool with half hour videos.
Half hour videos are about the limit for me. That's the main reason I stopped watching his Patreon videos when I still supported him there. The shortest of those ended up being like 45 minutes which is just way the hell too long.
SAJewers wrote:Has someone kept track of the 4-key chests he hasn't opened due to lack of keys? Because he skipped one yesterday, then didn't go back to get it today when had enough keys :/
He should have enough keys left over to get it still if he goes straight to it tomorrow I think. Either that or he'll need one more key. I wasn't paying terribly close attention.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Alice wrote: Half hour videos are about the limit for me. That's the main reason I stopped watching his Patreon videos when I still supported him there. The shortest of those ended up being like 45 minutes which is just way the hell too long.
Those are basically solo podcasts and ought to be listened to while doing other stuff, I'd say
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Half hour videos are okay occasionally if raocow is on a final dungeon or something else exciting, but they need to be rare.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

If you're going for all the chests, you'll have to come back to areas no matter what since you won't have enough keys to open everything you find your first trip through most areas (plus there is stuff that is designed for movement upgrades that you have to come back for anyway, although a lot of that can theoretically be gotten without those upgrades). There's not really any way to prevent running out of keys at times other than just ignoring chests/cages, and doubling back to hunt everything down as soon as you have enough keys usually just means you'll run out again sooner. The cage inside the rose warp here would be a good thing to remember, though, since it's entrance isn't actually marked on the map, so the room you have to go to to get to it won't be the one marked with a circle.

raocow is starting to get equipment with good non-stat bonuses (regen, +money, +item drops, +xp), so the game starts to give you more choice in what ways you want to be particularly overpowered. One thing that is good to know (which I think others have mentioned as well) is that the bonuses stack multiplicatively, so wearing two 1.2x XP rings gives 1.44x XP, or two 3x item drop rings gives 9x item drops (which means tons of health items and crafting materials). So if you ever want to quickly load up on XP/items/money, stacking that type of bonus equipment helps a lot.

Also, I'm pretty sure the text descriptions for equipment are purely flavor other than the Ring of Sight telling you it glows in the dark, so anything relevant should be in the green text beneath the description. There aren't any elemental bonuses like the Electrician's Uniform helping with lightning attacks or anything like that, so you don't have to wonder about hidden effects.
ztarwuff

Post by ztarwuff »

You know, the more I look at Dust's tail, the more I think he's a long-haired cat.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Alice wrote:
SAJewers wrote:Has someone kept track of the 4-key chests he hasn't opened due to lack of keys? Because he skipped one yesterday, then didn't go back to get it today when had enough keys :/
He should have enough keys left over to get it still if he goes straight to it tomorrow I think. Either that or he'll need one more key. I wasn't paying terribly close attention.
...and he doesn't :/
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Le Neveu de Rameau

I've had a significant other who regularly referred to me as "my love". Admittedly, it was typically in the context of a greeting or farewell (especially a written greeting or farewell, but sometimes in speech as well), where a touch more fancifulness doesn't seem so out-of-place, rather than something just casually dropped into conversation. But it never really struck me as old-fashioned, per se.

Now "dearest", on the other hand, that's old-fashioned. "Dear" in and of itself is about as non-eyebrow-raising as you can get, but slap on a superlative ending, and it instantly sounds as though you're trying too hard.