(shouting)

Hyper Light Drifter - Sarah McLachlan is the protagonist

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Hyper Light Drifter - restore the great doggo empire

Post by Alice »

raocow, I think you may have missed something in the 8-thing door's area. That upper right area in the first room had a purple block in the top left corner which I think might have been affected by that switch. When you went to the door to the next area you managed to move the camera enough to see into the secret area a bit while the switch was off and it looked like the purple block was no longer there.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: Hyper Light Drifter - restore the great doggo empire

Post by thatguyif »

Dragon Fogel wrote:My friend on the dev team says they expected people to go east first.

Seems a lot of people went north first instead, though, including me. Then I tried switching to east partway through. I haven't gotten to a boss on either route yet.
If I had to guess why, it's because of that hologram in the house. The slice there explicitly directs itself to the north path. Anyone new to the game, especially without any textual guidance as to what to do, probably thought, "Hey, that's where I need to go first!"
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Hyper Light Drifter - now with panda

Post by 10204307 »

Now would probably be a good time to mention that the monoliths actually do say stuff, in a fictional language that needs to be translated in order to be read. The translation isn't provided anywhere in the actual game.

People have already translated the language and I don't expect raocow to do so himself because it would take forever, so instead here's what the monoliths he's discovered so far say:

North 1:

TRANSCENDENCE FAITH IN MORTALITY

North 2:

RIFTS CRAFTED, DANGEROUS POTENTIAL

North 4:

A LOSS OF SELF, A NARROW PATH TRAVELED

East 1:

AN ISOLATED PEOPLE FEARFUL & OBSESSED

East 2:

OFFERING OF A GREAT CLEANSING FLAME

East 3:

A POISONED, MADDENED HOMELAND

East 4:

FRAGILE BALANCE SCORCHED, UNDONE

West 1:

PRECIOUS MOMENTS CAPTURED BY CRYSTAL

Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow must have thought the latter part of Seven Samurai was absolutely hilarious.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Wow the shotgun kinda wrecks most things, those crystal golems didn't stand a chance... I was boring and only really used the pistol and the grenade when I played, guess I inadvertantly gave myself more of a challenge.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Glad I watched raocow's vid - I had brushed off the shotgun as I was used by then to the railgun and the West side gun. But it (the shotgun) came in handy for some of the final area challenges.

Beat the game a little earlier this evening. Had a blast the whole way and very glad I decided to pick this one up.
Alice

Post by Alice »

raocow, you should try paying a little more attention to what's in a room with you. You walked past a health pack like 3-4 times without noticing it somehow. (One of those times being at like 2 hp with only one health pack remaining too.) And I mean right past it too. You were literally rubbing up against it on most of those occasions you walked past it.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I hoped he will notice that key door on one of the southern walls of that big room he finished.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I don't usually get annoyed enough to yell at my TV... but the first 2 minutes of ep 17 nearly made me. :P Switch-blindness + forgetting how to do a room you literally did an episode ago, oh raocow.

Post by 10204307 »

I hope raocow keeps exploring in the western zone, because there's still a lot of places that he hasn't seen yet.
XionGaTaosenai

Post by XionGaTaosenai »

Okay, so everything west of the teleport was ground you had never covered before this video. Even the parts you were skipping over in editing because you thought you were "retreading ground". Also if you had continued on after getting the eighth module the path brings you all the way to the bridge from the south, which is what that wall you couldn't pass was all about. There's cool stuff you missed in that last leg of path by the way, both visually and completionly.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

notasia is pretty great, BUT it does look kinda samey all over the place.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I'm just surprised you somehow forgot that you never went south or west from the hub, which is at least is a memorable point I thought. Like, the day you found the hub, you were all "I'll just check in this elevator north", and then you never went back.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Argh raocow you silly, you're not locked out from that place you went to twice.. there's a switch... you had to hit a switch the first time you were there >.<
Alice

Post by Alice »

Xirix wrote:Argh raocow you silly, you're not locked out from that place you went to twice.. there's a switch... you had to hit a switch the first time you were there >.<
A switch he somehow didn't see twice despite passing fairly close to it on both occasions, lol.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Yup... that's our raocow.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

If he succeeds with today's...cave, I'mma be so mad :(
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Joseph Marshall wrote:Only when you are tested do true feelings come out, not a problem but you ARE pretty quick to anger from what we see on the videos. That combined with a lack of patience when it is necessary and ALSO juxtaposed with pedantic tendencies in the situations when it isn't needed. All of that is compounded with belittlement... Whatever i'll put my pseudo-counsellor bullshit hat away.

Those character traits are what make you who you are mr.cow but to call them endearing would be an overstatement.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Someone should probably give raocow a list of all the stuff he's missing in each quadrant
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB

Post by 10204307 »

West Monolith #2:

A STILLNESS OF MIND, SKILL HONED SHARP

Someone should probably give raocow a list of all the stuff he's missing in each quadrant
One monolith in the North, two monoliths in the West, and four keys. I'm not sure which keys he's missing though, there's four total in each area.

There's also a locked door in the East that he can now open with eight keys. There's also a 10-key door in the North and a 12-key door in the West.

Also, in case you were wondering what the new clothes do:

they make the chain dash easier to use.

Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Grounder wrote:
Joseph Marshall wrote:Only when you are tested do true feelings come out, not a problem but you ARE pretty quick to anger from what we see on the videos. That combined with a lack of patience when it is necessary and ALSO juxtaposed with pedantic tendencies in the situations when it isn't needed. All of that is compounded with belittlement... Whatever i'll put my pseudo-counsellor bullshit hat away.

Those character traits are what make you who you are mr.cow but to call them endearing would be an overstatement.
[George Geef]
Dude's probably still annoyed that raocow chased off all those antlered ungulates back on the mountain. He found it very un-en-deer-ing.
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:
Grounder wrote:

[George Geef]
Dude's probably still annoyed that raocow chased off all those antlered ungulates back on the mountain. He found it very un-en-deer-ing.
:|

Also YouTube commenters are such morons
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
thatguyif

Post by thatguyif »

Also, raocow, you got through probably one of the hardest things in the game in terms of platforming with that crystal cave. Because the timing of the chain dash is so finicky, that cave is particularly awful (one of the advice guides says, of that cave, "good luck"). It's made heinous by the prize.

My hands are crippled in terms of fine motor skills, so I can't do things like button mash or precisely-timed dashes on a controller. Farthest I've ever gone in that cave was halfway through the hairpin, and that was only once. The majority of the time I get comboed on the first set of spikes.

That said, with your new outfit, you may want to try going for the second prize in the dash shop. So you know, it's basically like the first prize, only the bar is much, much higher (that's why you didn't see it move as much).
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

It's a shame you're not very good with the grenade raocow, you can pretty much kill everything at the end of the crystal spike gauntlet with one. :P
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

I hope raocow remembers to spend his money before leaving town.
Xirix wrote:It's a shame you're not very good with the grenade raocow, you can pretty much kill everything at the end of the crystal spike gauntlet with one. :P
Perhaps he should buy the grenade upgrade that lets him stock two, then. And agreed that that crystal gauntlet is one of the hardest things in the game.