(shouting)

Pink Lets Plays (Current: Phantasy Star Online)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Pink Lets Plays (Current: Mega Man X)

Post by Bean »

Mammoth definitely gets harder since you can't tell when he'll attack as easily, or at least I can't. Octopus is always tough for me no matter what since he loves spamming torpedoes no matter if he's got his tentacles or not.

Also, I don't know. I kind of like that they do a mini-section before the bosses in this game. MM&B did that, too, and that was probably a bit more fun and a lot more challenging. I guess I just want something more than a room with eight capsules, doors, or whatever... unless I'm trying to emulate someone's no damage style. That is when it's a blessing!
Pink

Post by Pink »

Aaaaand that is a wrap! The last form of the final boss is such a pain to do no damage... had to practice being able to stay up on the paws for awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ky6Z6ypn3I
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Man... That's such a strange ending for a game. Saying that you won just so it can tell you that you haven't... And if that wasn't good enough, you get to hear your oh-so-manly protagonist whine about how much he hates fighting! Whoopie!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's nowhere near as bad as it is once you reach the PS1 games. That's when it goes over the top. Anyway, that was a mighty fine run to watch. Good stuff.
Pink

Re: Pink Lets Plays (Current: Various Games)

Post by Pink »

Well, now that I have no time for doing my usual style of video, time to start on the newer style that I have been mentioning! That is to say, posting more just general gameplay than playthroughs or stuff like that, making use of the new game capture device I got... still tweaking how to get the most quality out of it though.

Anyways, first up, some Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 footage! My friend CutManMike and I had a first-to-10 match between our teams from the first version of Marvel vs Capcom 3. Still surprised we battled for 50 minutes, but I made sure to split the video for viewing convenience! Hope these are enjoyed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLo9C0Fc9tY Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clGnq9Hdf3M Part 2

First time dealing with syncing voice inputs, so pardon the desync on Mike's audio... It seems to grow more desynced as the videos go on, wonder what happened there.

EDIT: One more quick video to test out actually recording in HD this time to see how it ends up on YouTube (whenever it finishes processing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LYhKNmGQPY
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I don't think I'll really be following most of this "various games" series (or at least for now. I don't think I can sit through watching anyone play a fighting game for 20 minutes at a time. :P)
I've never been a big fan of even PLAYING fighting games, let alone watching them, so I think I'll wait this one out. ;P

It seems like this is a lot of your fans' first time hearing your voice. I guess they never really knew about the live streams or something.

Also...
Bean wrote:It's nowhere near as bad as it is once you reach the PS1 games. That's when it goes over the top.
Yeah. I know. >_>
I watched ClementJ642's runs of the whole X series. I think I'll just stick to playing the first game for now... And by now, I mean most likely my whole life... Not only is X super whiny, but the gameplay in the later games just doesn't seem fun, either. It seems to focus WAY too much on all of these collectibles and whatnot, and I just feel overwhelmed. Yeah, I could always just not get the collectibles, but then the completionist inside me gets all fidgety, and I think we all know what that's like.
Pink

Post by Pink »

Hehe, that is perfectly okay. =P Not every series is for every person... and yeah, despite how often I freaking mention it, quite a few viewers seem to not realize the live broadcast exists. XD Ah well, time for more amusing comments about how I sound! Albeit most of them have been simply weird this time around... sadness!

Ah well, still gonna keep posting these for anyone who is interested, though. Main reason I have an emphasis on Marvel right now is it is all I have time to play, and am lacking in other games to play at the moment. Will likely post some co-op games once I get the opportunity, though!

In the meantime, this next one is the first part of the result of me hosting an open lobby to try and play with some of the viewers... Well, this is but the start of the results. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqVGR4m6Ws
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That's how I wound up watching your Castle Crashers run the other week. I'm glad you actually save those videos because my connection isn't exactly up to snuff most of the time.
Pink

Post by Pink »

Yeah, once I learned that TwitchTV was allowing me to permanently save the broadcast footage, instead of having to save it in 15 minute chunks like back in the JustinTV days, I knew it was time to start saving the broadcasts. After all, I watch fighting game broadcasts, but I tend to only ever watch the ARCHIVES of them rather than watching them live! (Usually cause they start at silly hours.) Glad you are enjoying the streams, Bean! Am always happy to entertain. =n.n=

Time for the next part of the open lobby set, though~ Why must people continue to show why playing randoms in online mode is so horrible for trying to develop some proper skill... XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD7Rr-Ns-Pw

EDIT: Third and final part is available now, too!~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EOTX7a7fFQ
Pink

Post by Pink »

Figure I may as well post this since I got a different game's videos to post... When all else fails, play some WOOOORMS... Armageddon. XD This game's so much fun to play with friends, so figured I would record my friends and I playing... now if only something other than CRAPs, errr, FRAPs could record it... ah well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYwObpvrwzk
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I got the gist of things from that first video, but I had little idea what the weapons were. At least it was enjoyable to watch in spite of my not knowing.

Edit: Oh, your second video actually goes more into detail on stuff like that. Thanks.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That latest worms video was truly epic.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And in the first couple of minutes at that! It's Melee? Massacre 3 for those that want to see it.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You weren't kidding on that line, huh?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

You know, now that there's no bgm in the videos, it's fitting to play your own while you watch the video.
Pink

Post by Pink »

That is more or less what I suggested the first video I posted without BGM... XD It is rare an idea for a fitting BGM pops up. If one does pop up I slap it in, though~

And today's video... the first time a match took so long that I felt obligated to split it into two parts. XD Yeeeeeah, gonna edit that mode a bit before we play it again. That evening's recording session was all about trying out new modes, really.
Restarr

Post by Restarr »

Been loving the Worms videos but I'm curious as to why you guys chose Armageddon over Reloaded.

Also this is unrelated but what are your thoughts on Skullgirls?
gamercal

Post by gamercal »

Coming from one who does Reloaded instead, Armageddon has a ton more flexibility when it comes to customising game modes and stuff. You can change weapon powers and how often they appear in crates, and it seems that custom maps are easier to use here. Also there's up to two more players (important since Pink's player-pool is relatively large), and for gimmick modes like MMP you can have more than 4 worms per team.

Then there's cool stuff like the Sheep Launcher and the MB Bomb, but that's a different matter.
Pink

Post by Pink »

@Restarr - Definitely have a LOT of reasons for choosing Armageddon over Reloaded... in fact, I may as well bullet-point this...!

- Armageddon has more variety to offer, leading to longer lasting interest and more variety for the viewers
- Armageddon is FAR more stable as it does not suffer from the many, many bugs I have heard about with Reloaded
- Armageddon's net-code is REALLY sturdy with super low bandwidth requirements, allowing even people like Roahm who is on an astoundingly terrible satellite connection to play without issue. Heck, his connection dropped mid-game before and the game just patiently waited a moment for him to return before continuing instead of disconnecting him from the game.
- Kit's computer is actually too weak to run Reloaded with any sort of smoothness, so Armageddon's lower requirements fit nicely
- Armageddon is a cheaper game

Now as for Skullgirls... HAAAATE the graphics style (very little originality in the characters, they are either blatant fan-service tropes or horror tropes... or both... Peacock's pretty much the only exception thus far), and I absolutely despise 6-button layouts as I find them pointlessly convoluted. The mechanics look really solid, though, so I may still give it a try.
Pink

Re: Pink Lets Plays (Current: Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link)

Post by Pink »

Oh hey, I am finally back with another actual playthrough! This time doing a no damage run of Zelda 2 for the NES cause well... I felt like it and it is short enough to work with my normal style of commentary. Using a new video editor and setup for all this so things will look SLIGHTLY different, but mostly the same (slightly higher quality, slightly different annotation font, etc.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vR8y_bNFPE
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Now I managed to beat Zelda 1 on the NES after 20+ years of trying, but I just couldn't do it with Zelda 2. It's the last part of the game that trips me up nowadays, and I just don't feel like starting over again right now. I'll be watching this one.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I beat this game on my 3DS, so let me share some facts:

-Those Bubbles Pink was grinding have the most health out of all enemies. Even at max atack, they take 11 hits to die.
-Also, Pink is wrong, there ARE more rooms with many Bubbles.

Overall, I enjoyed playing the game, and finally beating it too, as I tried two times before on emulators.

I haven't been watching you lately, so I have a couple questio:
1)You changed your font?
2)Why is there a mini controller in the corner?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Pink

Post by Pink »

Bean wrote:Now I managed to beat Zelda 1 on the NES after 20+ years of trying, but I just couldn't do it with Zelda 2. It's the last part of the game that trips me up nowadays, and I just don't feel like starting over again right now. I'll be watching this one.
The last palace in particular is such a pain... so many 50/50 paths where if you choose wrong you go back to the start... I had a map open for every palace when recording, cause seriously now.
Sebby19 wrote:I beat this game on my 3DS, so let me share some facts:

-Those Bubbles Pink was grinding have the most health out of all enemies. Even at max atack, they take 11 hits to die.
-Also, Pink is wrong, there ARE more rooms with many Bubbles.

Overall, I enjoyed playing the game, and finally beating it too, as I tried two times before on emulators.

I haven't been watching you lately, so I have a couple questio:
1)You changed your font?
2)Why is there a mini controller in the corner?
I was going to be more specific with the comment about that one room, what I meant was it is the only one of those rooms that appears at a time where your attack level is so low that it takes ages to empty out! The future ones go by so much faster that no editing should be needed.

Now as for the questions...

1. Pinnacle Studio is allergic to the Calibri font I normally used in CyberLink PowerDirector (for some reason it causes VERY strange font-breaking spacing issues when certain letter combinations are used, such as ti), so I had to switch over to Arial. Not as nice looking, but it works.

2. That shows up in all my NES videos! It is a feature of FCEUX to show what I am pressing at the time, so I go ahead and turn that on in case anyone is curious... also reveals when I do silly things such as pressing buttons to music on a screen where the button pressing does not do anything.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Wow. Apparently I picked a good day to check up on your channel. I apparently unsubscribed to you...?
I was wondering why I wasn't getting any updates from you, and I guess that's why. I didn't really have any interest in watching the Worms series, so I didn't really miss anything, but I'm glad I chose today to manually open up your channel.

<3 Zelda II