(shouting)

MaGL 3 results: moral of the story: laziness always prevails

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Re: MaGL 3 results: moral of the story: laziness always prevails

Post by FrozenQuills »

GlitchMr wrote:I think Forest Chasm by Kirby Comment had a second exit that broke in raocow's emulator (it requires ZSNES).
Up to raocow if he wants to get ZSNES set up do that one too I guess, though I was more looking at levels where raocow missed the secret exit completely.

And I found the part in pyro's judging videos where she shows it off, but it's not video friendly:
https://youtu.be/MXngRaxuvz8?t=1h3m32s
Last edited by FrozenQuills 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

someone have a video of the actual solution?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

MaxMaxMaxVidya wrote:raocow did my secret exit wrong... while it worked (poor design on my end, that rooms supposed to be un winnable) its not the actual solution, its to do with bringing the P switch back into the previous room, and some other stuff, theres a bit more puzzle after that, and like a proper victory area

sorry about uh... that i guess
I don't think you really need to apologize too much for raocow managing to so hilariously break your secret exit. A normal person would actually start questioning whether that room's a red herring or not rather than continuing to try the same thing over and over with slight variations until one miraculously works.
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

Bringing a silver p through a pipe turns it blue. Double grabbing with a silver p through a pipe may or may not turn it blue depending on sprite slots. If you open the key block before opening the silver p switch block, then double grabbing the key with the silver p would have made it blue in the next room. If you hit the key block first, it will stay silver. When double grabbing through a pipe, whichever sprite is in the lower slot resets its properties in the next room, the other one retains its misc table values.

I'm assuming that's not intended though
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

nothobz wrote:Image
haha, what the—Holy. That is... Amazeballs. the sex number, 69? how wacky!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Wait, the three second room was supposed to be impossible?!?!?!
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Pyro wrote:Wait, the three second room was supposed to be impossible?!?!?!
Oh man! That's our raocow! *canned laughter*
King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

nothobz wrote:Image
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Another numerical thing is that today's video was uploaded to YouTube on 12/12.
FrozenQuills wrote:And I found the part in pyro's judging videos
Oh wow, I didn't even know that was a thing.

After watching the part where my level is shown, the comments are fair. I didn't put blue blocks during the main part of the level since floating up with a blue block is slower than just swimming up (which was part of the puzzle on the part from the blue p-switch to the right door since if you just float up with the block, you are much less likely to make the door in time). I put the blue blocks in for the secret exit path since most of that was a whole bunch of nothing down a horizontal path.

I'm looking forward to raocow's Vanilla Contest playthrough (even though I didn't participate) and whenever CC12 comes out eventually (of which my level was made before this contest's level so it's somehow even worse than my MaGL level in terms of difficulty).

Does anyone know when the next MaGL X contest will get started? I remember hearing late last year it would probably start in January or February 2017.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

King of GETs wrote: whenever CC12 comes out eventually
the cc12 episode is cancelled lol

But yeah! This was a super fun lp to watch, and I'm really glad I was able to judge, even if I was basically a complete failure :p. Here's to another MaGL! that's not maglx3 because holy shit that contest is gonna be a nightmare
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

one of the times raocow constantly banging his head against a single solution that doesn't work actually ended working in his favor, huh

also i just realized what the music in the cirno level is oops
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

@nathanisbored
That explains what happened in Max's level.

I think that in future contests the entrants should state how many exits their levels contain, so the judges can refer to the information. If not before starting the level if that's a spoiler, perhaps after playing the level once and the judges are checking to see if they saw the level as intended.
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Pyro wrote:

But yeah! This was a super fun lp to watch, and I'm really glad I was able to judge, even if I was basically a complete failure :p. Here's to another MaGL! that's not maglx3 because holy shit that contest is gonna be a nightmare
I hope the CC12 episode is not cancelled. Also, how would MaGLXIII be a nightmare? (Hope I can host or judge it)

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

King of GETs

Post by King of GETs »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Pyro wrote:

I hope the CC12 episode is not cancelled. Also, how would MaGLXIII be a nightmare? (Hope I can host or judge it)
The first episode of MaGL X2 was on July 1st, 2015.

The last was on December 16th, 2015.

If MaGL X2 took 5½ months for raocow to LP, one can only imagine how long MaGL X3 will take.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

If I'm elected to run MaGL X3, I have an idea to curb that.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: MaGL 3 results: daddy issues

Post by Leet »

what the hell does that mean
Ometeotl is referring to the Horikawa and Quill judge favorite from maglx2, which was basically a nothing town-like level with a e s t h e t i c and a bunch of npcs giving D E E P L O R E and P H I L O S O P H Y
sorry this is two pages late but how the hell did you guys possibly get "too serious" out of that level??? or out of philosophy, actually. any philosophy/intellectualism/art after world war one ceased to be serious and became inherently self-aware. of course most people associate these fields with like, sophostocaphacles or whatever. but time and time again the g.a.m.e.r.s. apply pretension where there is none, and then get angry at what they've put on it???

it's embarrassing
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.