(shouting)

MaGL 3 results: moral of the story: laziness always prevails

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Re: MaGL 3 results: well that happened

Post by snoruntpyro »

Wow I was SUUUPER rude in my comment for ShadowAuraKnight, I feel really bad now ;-;

I also found raekull's more fun than the other joke levels because I found it fun to fall down the tower of throw blocks.

I thought galaxyofj was a joke level so I made a shitpost comment (it's a reference to the vldc8 level copyright violation). Oops!
Fausthieb

Post by Fausthieb »

Place 65th has potential, I am sure that as a gimmick basis it is actually quite nice but needs more input. The charlies are a bit glitchy it seems

I can't help but 64th looked really like the first smw castle but as an edit ... looks like I agree with pyro.

63: I'd say that the vanilla design is nice to look at but the sprite placement is quite random

Best part though is that it brings us a silly happy raocow who explains the universe and everything next to it
I comment more on youtube under a different name: Kunstkritik
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Three short and sweet levels. The sense of humor in these made was amusing too; even if the humor wasn't in the level itself to be scored, it makes for an enjoyable video.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

(For those yelling at me about emulator issues, I got it working finally. This is the last post on that mess.)

raekul... Your level had a nice concept behind it, but it wasn't incredibly polished. It could also stand to have a powerup or two in there. Still looks fun.

Shadow Aura Knight's level was fine. It's a castle that's there, with pretty nice text. I also like the sequel hook.

Galaxy of J.. that joke at the end was pretty good. Though the rest had a super vanilla flavor.

I was really expecting some of the early levels to be awful, but... none of them were. By that top 10 quality comment, I would hazard a guess that those people used custom assets well, and the top 5 used them amazingly. We'll just have to wait and see, though.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Well, I know what I'm doing for MaGL-X3.

"Blatant Plagiarism" - a tile-for-tile copy of Well That Happened, BUT WITH HORIZONTAL SCREENWRAP! And maybe powerups.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean, spoilers here, but there's a level in the next video that uses multiple custom assets. Nothing is predictable!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I told you my level sucked.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

Calling a one level video tomorrow :3
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

tomorrow's level is a treat

but the bad kind that gets stuck in your teeth and gives you cavities
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Should I book my root canal appointment now?
Fausthieb

Post by Fausthieb »

S.N.N. wrote:tomorrow's level is a treat

I feel like the judges cheated and already know the winner D:
I comment more on youtube under a different name: Kunstkritik
Shadow_Aura_Knight
Rarely seen in the wild
First name: Aura

Post by Shadow_Aura_Knight »

FrozenQuills wrote: (also I think I was too harsh in my comment for ShadowAuraKnight's level, sorry about that)
Pyro wrote:Wow I was SUUUPER rude in my comment for ShadowAuraKnight, I feel really bad now ;-;
Hey you two, don't feel bad about it! The level certainly started as an Iggy's Castle replacement, and it kind of stayed that way in the end, but I had many problems with being not great at this video game when I tried to make it any level of difficulty. In fact, let's go into a spoiler about what went wrong!

So this silly dumb romp of my went through a few iterations. It was originally fully an Iggy's Castle change up, but... I couldn't remove the autoscroll from the second room :oops: So the second room is actually the first floor of Roy's Castle, which does have vertical scrolling! I really should have changed up my idea and done something with that once I switched the room number the doors take you to, but I was set in my rompy way by that point and wasn't creative.

The first room, every spot with the flying red Koopas were originally little Podobos, but they screwed with the other sprites and had some slowdown with how much I was trying to do. The watery area had bullets flying at you and thwomps trying to crush you, but again, slowdown, so it turned into two red Koopas patrolling it.

The second room was mostly how I wanted it by the time I moved it to Roy's Castle instead because the auto scroll happened to screw with it, though I did add spikes and stuff to try and give it a little more challenge since it felt easy even to me? But that obviously did not go well for almost anyone! It also originally ended in a glitched out ? orb, but I felt it was a sudden ending to the level, so the third area, Mario escaping to start a new adventure happened. That room was supposed to be an easy wind down to give it a real ending.

tldr; person with too much Mario Maker makes bad SWM level.

At least raocow sort of tried to remember who I was kind of, at least remembering I have a different part of this full username as a name.
Last edited by Shadow_Aura_Knight 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Woah.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

jokes
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

S.N.N. wrote:tomorrow's level is a treat

Oh boy. our uninterrupted little musical traipse won't last much longer, eh? I'll be sure to brace myself.

Also, Tavi... my level's the one that's garbage. You're probably going to get 30th place or something. And considering the quality of this contest so far... that's an accomplishment.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I'll admit--I'm a wee bit surprised GalaxyOfJ didn't score a few places higher, but I guess I was more entertained by the punchline than the judges were. Yeah, it's a 105 edit, but that's an integral part of the joke, and the level used to set up the punchline, though simple, is still quite competent, with some mildly interesting bits of architecture (also, I found Goombas falling from the sky to be a nice little touch). It's a joke level, yes, but a joke level that actually cared, and I can respect that.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

I am almost certain the next level is Lespna01's. Oh yeah I am assuming.
Mosts Awards:
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

There was some foreshadowing in those Jokes.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

we finally evolved from 105 edits to throw block towers and 101 edits! huzzah!

im kind scared of what ive heard about next level, but at least something interesting will get played (no offense to the people who made the levels already played, good effort!)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

THis series feels nostalgic in the best way

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I think I might be soon then. Will see.
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol

Post by idol »

i feel bad for the people who placed this low coz man..... there were some really really Really unfun garbage levels submitted this time around and its almost a shame that they were considered better than these kinda harmless levels?

but i guess im more the type of person who would prefer a harmless simple level to a really poorly executed unfun ambitious level.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

I swear if I don't appear in the next 3 videos I'm quitting.
I don't know what. I'm just quitting.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

idol wrote:i feel bad for the people who placed this low coz man..... there were some really really Really unfun garbage levels submitted this time around and its almost a shame that they were considered better than these kinda harmless levels?
It really depends on the specific details of the levels in question. Those of us just watching the LP, like me, haven't seen these actual hard levels, so it's hard to make concrete comparisons yet.

I would say all of these levels so far are on the weak side as romps go - not necessarily unfun, just that there isn't much to them. But hey, for all I know, maybe the stupid hard levels would be just fine if not for one or two specific bad decisions that make them way too frustrating. We've definitely seen levels like that before.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

Coryman wrote:I swear if I don't appear in the next 3 videos I'm quitting.
I don't know what. I'm just quitting.
And I'll support you every step of the way. Obsessive drinking like this has been ruining your life, and I'm glad you're making goals to end it.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dragon Fogel wrote:It really depends on the specific details of the levels in question. Those of us just watching the LP, like me, haven't seen these actual hard levels, so it's hard to make concrete comparisons yet.
Well it's a safe bet that they probably got by specifically because they were harder than the rompy levels judging by what someone said earlier about Pyro preferring too hard over too easy. Even if it's only one judge that could still bias the results somewhat.