(shouting)

MaGL 3 results: moral of the story: laziness always prevails

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Re: MaGL 3 results: SMW is somehow still a thing in 2016

Post by Reecer7 »

Wow, that level didn't deserve 43rd Koopster, you absolute heathen, you behemoth of a judge, you dissident of the righteous caste of quality determined by the heavens, it was clearly 42nd, I'm going to write to my congressman to depose and denounce all of your family name.
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

at least Koopster didn't give you a 2/10 for aesthetics because the level was "kaizo" or "too hard" or something along those lines

(on behalf of lolyoshi)
Mosts Awards:
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I can't believe Quill judged two MaGLs in a row
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I can't believe its not butter.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

Can't wait to open a MaGL3 video and see that it has like 400 comments due to controversy :D

Best of luck to everyone involved!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I was not bamboozled, unfortunately.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Reecer7

Post by Reecer7 »

Oh man, none of these levels are abysmal, just very vanilla and very poorly designed. That means good things about the rest of the contest!

And not good things about my ranking!
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Truckeeben's only has flying going for it, so it makes sense that it's last.
I actually thought StevenThePotatos is ok if a bit below average, but the other judges took it as a joke.
And Zephyr_Dragonlord's level seemed like it was untested since all of the coins sorta forgot how to float lol
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Truckeebeen's: What I love about that level is that despite the level not having much to it, there's still one little thing to figure out. I've played it myself like, a month ago - I know it took me a bit of time to figure it out.
Steven the Potato: It feels like an actual decent, good-ish Mario Maker level - like, one that you wouldn't mind getting in a hundo Mario challenge. The pit of Koopas was a nice touch! And the fish past the goaltape is a fun thing.
Zephyr Dragonlord: This one isn't bad at all either! I can definitely feel the SMBX flavor carrying over in this one. I love the palette for the background, even though I'm sure it's one of SMW's default palette selections. And I think that giving the player a cape right before the Charlie-bonk-athlon is absolutely brilliant.

All those levels are definitely pleasant! That can only mean the levels from here on up are only even more pleasant, right?
video games
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

Oh don't think you're free of pain raocow. It's just cause I'd rather play a frustrating gimmicky thing rather than a nothing rompy level. Ehehehehehehe.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

raocow, you didn't enter the "not here" level. Now I must know what's in there, if they changed it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Fausthieb

Post by Fausthieb »

My dreams finally came true, I am not last place :') Thank you all for believing in my special level designing skillz evrybody.

The last places aren't that bad compared to my first level ever created
and for those bored people out there ... if you want to beat it yourself a download link: http://puu.sh/s52xb/e3a2dd8c81.rar (For my first full hack I created I made the level a bit nicer to look at) ... I don't think it is possible to beat it without slowdown and save states

Anyway, can't wait for tomorrow's video and the followings
I comment more on youtube under a different name: Kunstkritik
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I'm now fully expecting the first place winner to pull off their hyper-realistic mask and reveal that they were secretly raocow the whole time.
close

I don't know if raocow usually uploads on a schedule, but if all these MaGL videos get uploaded at 7:30am then that's awesome! What better way to start the day than with a dose of competition. I wonder how many grab-bag episodes there are going to be. I mean, two minutes to beat a level doesn't seem entirely unreasonable (unless you're morsel :oops: ), so I wonder if it'll be 3 submissions a video until the top 20 or something.
GalaxyOfJ
The Mysterious Stranger Except Incompetent

Post by GalaxyOfJ »

Depending on how dense the lower placements are, I may show up earlier than expected. That's a good thing though since it would mean the good stuff starts quickly!
kuposan3
doesn't post much
First name: Robin

Post by kuposan3 »

ah shoot, i didn't put megaman in my level, it won't be pyro's favorite again. so much for 1st place!!

(but seriously though i'm hype)
:trans_pride: :ace_pride:
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I swear Truckeeben's level didn't scroll vertically when I played it; it makes the whole thing much weirder, especially as the feather appears to come from nowhere in the first section. Also, raocow skipped all of the totally rad content closer to ground (or rather pit) level. I feel as though these elements are both essential for the level's artistic vision.
Reecer7

Post by Reecer7 »

you know, we probably should've bet on the number of YOSHI'S ISLAND 1s. it's a very popular name for some reason.

i say there's gonna be 4.
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

are we taking bets on unedited OW's?

e: and some variation of "no not here" on yoshi's island 2
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

At least those first two levels were incredibly inoffensive.

Wait, that title didn't save at all. Yeah, the overworld wasn't too accurate to the level title of mine.

Its ACTUAL title is A Sad Descent. I just never bothered to change the overworld to reflect that. Oh and going in that hole the first time? Just call it bad programming.

So yeah, this whole thing was made without being playtested. Hooray? I need to bug SNN or somebody to help me install a working SNE9x emulator. That'll explain the problems with this real fast. Man, enemies not going in their holes? SADFACE. (Thanks for the generator tip... I thought that might have been the offscreen cannons, so I got a little scared...)

Good luck to everyone in this contest. I suspected this would happen with my level, so I'm not too sad. I'll polish it up post-humorously to make sure my ideas for this level come into fruition.

...I like SBMX a ton better as an editor, if you couldn't tell. My in-jokes would have actually worked! ...Though seeing a Paratroopa go off-screen is a bit silly in of itself.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

hemorrhoids
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol

Post by idol »

i love how all the coins in dragon mans level are the fireball sprite coins. that's genuinely the best thing iv ever seen in a smw level. i loved it
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Huh so you need to configure the bullet bill cannons to shoot, rather than the placed objects having the ability as an inherent trait. Something new I learned today.
Pyro wrote:Oh don't think you're free of pain raocow. It's just cause I'd rather play a frustrating gimmicky thing rather than a nothing rompy level. Ehehehehehehe.
As I was watching I wondered what the judges would do if a level wasn't beatable. Are there enough available cheats you can insert in the emulator to get around that?
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

raocow I know things are getting off to a nice fun rompy-romp start but surely you must know by now it's not safe to think all is gonna be fine and dandy given I entered this. >:3
ano0maly wrote:As I was watching I wondered what the judges would do if a level wasn't beatable. Are there enough available cheats you can insert in the emulator to get around that?
Yeah there are definitely cheats to be had. Or just, yknow, savestates. :p
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Post by ParmaJon »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:raocow I know things are getting off to a nice fun rompy-romp start but surely you must know by now it's not safe to think all is gonna be fine and dandy given I entered this. >:3
ano0maly wrote:As I was watching I wondered what the judges would do if a level wasn't beatable. Are there enough available cheats you can insert in the emulator to get around that?
Yeah there are definitely cheats to be had. Or just, yknow, savestates. :p
Whoa savestates!?!? What a crazy concept!
Go to bed

FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

Yeah in SMW, the bullet cannons are objects, not sprites. That's why they require a sprite bullet bill generator. I know in SMBX the launchers are sprites and are affected by gravity, plus come with a generator inherent to them.

The Sprite Coins thing in the last level was hilarious to me for the best reason.