(shouting)

Mischief Makers - Robot shakes things, everyone is happy

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Tenlade

Re: Mischief Makers - let us not fall for bad puns

Post by Tenlade »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Forget flying, I had apparently forgotten that Marzen 64's mech apparently has the ability to fire children at you. This game may be just a teensy bit weird.

Treasure games, and especially mischief makers are pretty much ADHD in game form. You're never quite sure what your gonna get next. maybe a rocket man you can ride, maybe a mech that shoots children.
Sebby19

Re: Mischief Makers - chilly doggo is best doggo, 12/10 will pet

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow, can you show off Marina's idle animation, pretty please?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

oh man too bad I already recorded tomorrow's video. Next time I get the chance I'll try to remember!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Yeeeaaah, you need to get creative with the Justice Warriors. They can actually be really tricky to damage.

Hell, one of the fights with them stone-walled me for literally years because I could not figure out to to do any damage.
stormie
formerly maou shoujo
Pronouns: she/her

Post by stormie »

mischief_makers_lunar_blows_himself_up_with_his_own_grenade.gif
Last edited by stormie 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Oh man, we're getting to the boss that I find the hardest to gold star. So raocow's gonna do it 2nd try.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

This is kind of random, but I've always really loved the little musical jingle/character icons that appear each time you beat a level (before the Continue/I'm Done screen). There's something satisfying about it, I dunno.
RedMageMike wrote:Oh man, we're getting to the boss that I find the hardest to gold star. So raocow's gonna do it 2nd try.
Hardest for me as well. Completely disproportionate compared to some of the endgame gems
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

"The day of" is one of my favorite levels, the math thing is just so dumb and fun.
S.N.N. wrote:This is kind of random, but I've always really loved the little musical jingle/character icons that appear each time you beat a level (before the Continue/I'm Done screen). There's something satisfying about it, I dunno.
My personal favorite is the gold gem jingle. While some are way too easy, that thing sounds so triumphant when you get the harder ones.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I never managed to get the gem at the world end boss, and I was convinced that it was impossible to do so. I'm still somewhat skeptical, I'll confess.

Also, that cheer from the Clancers...I haven't played this game in many years, but that's one of the sounds that is permanently burned into my brain, resurfacing occasionally on victorious moment. And speaking of victory, apparently the gold gem is easier to get in the festival than I had previously thought...? Was I really that incompetent a player in my younger days? Did I just easily suffer from finger fatigue? Was Elvis secretly bribing the judges on my runthrough? We may never know.
Last edited by Le Neveu de Rameau 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

I always did what raocow did: flipped the controller upside down and used my right thumb on the D-pad. My right thumb is much, much faster than my left when it comes to button-mashing.

I really enjoyed the Festival actually. It's such a quirky, unexpected twist for the game to take (even a game as random as this one).

Best Boss is coming up soon!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Dark Hunter wrote:I always did what raocow did: flipped the controller upside down and used my right thumb on the D-pad. My right thumb is much, much faster than my left when it comes to button-mashing.
Personally I've always just stabilized the controller with my left hand and used my right middle finger to mash the right button on the d-pad as fast as I could.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I never managed to get the gem at the world end boss, and I was convinced that it was impossible to do so. I'm still somewhat skeptical, I'll confess.

Also, that cheer from the Clancers...I haven't played this game in many years, but that's sounds that is permanently burned into my brain, resurfacing occasionally on victorious moment. And speaking of victory, apparently the gold gem is easier to get in the festival than I had previously thought...? Was I really that incompetent a player in my younger days? Did I just easily suffer from finger fatigue? Was Elvis secretly bribing the judges on my runthrough? We may never know.
It wasn't just you, younger me couldn't mash the dpad fast enough to get the time, and thats with flipping the controller over and using my right hand. It was the only gold gem I couldn't get.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Who uses their thumb to button mash? I just vibrate my index finger.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

I actually can't button mash with my right hand because it's partially crippled. I only found out recently that I can button mash with my left hand, but it leads to some weird shenanigans whenever I have to do it (grumblegrumblePaperJamgrumblegrumble)

Also, slight apologies on not updating the first post consistently. Medical stuff happening in the background :(
One day, an image will return
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

WOW! Another amazing boss battle. All four phases was just kicking! I especially like how there is a super close in whenever you grab him in the 3rd phase, just a shame it's hard to tell what's going on, haha. I really like the number of options you are given in the battle.

According to YouTube comments, apparently making the missiles bigger doesn't do extra damage? That's a shame, and kinda silly. But apparently you can also catch the huge mega laser?!? That sounds awesome.

raocow, would you like to try and attempt to catch that laser? I wanna see that :o

Also, thanks for showing the idle animation. I thought she would hum for longer, so I'm a little disappointed. I wonder if she does anything else.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Cerberus α IMO is the hardest boss to no-damage for the Gold gem, it is the only no-damage-required gem I never got close to getting. I've gotten the Gold gems for every no-damage-required boss afterward, and only one of them was close to being just as difficult.

the only other Gold gem I never got was for Migen & Son (I'm pretty sure I never got it legit, I remember coming close several times)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Kincyr wrote:Cerberus α IMO is the hardest boss to no-damage for the Gold gem, it is the only no-damage-required gem I never got close to getting. I've gotten the Gold gems for every no-damage-required boss afterward, and only one of them was close to being just as difficult.

the only other Gold gem I never got was for Migen & Son (I'm pretty sure I never got it legit, I remember coming close several times)
In my opinion both Phoenix and the final boss are more difficult. Lunar is definitely up there though. The next boss is far easier to perfect than this one was, lol.
stormie
formerly maou shoujo
Pronouns: she/her

Post by stormie »

I've always loved the weird infinite interstice battle dimension that the Beastector boss fights take place in. It's probably meant to be metaphorical to let you focus on the action, but I like to imagine it's a real place that the bosses reside in.
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

gotta step into the battle zone!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Lunar's nom de guerre is now officially Dude Rude.

I love the confused and chaotic nature of this battle, and that in the final phase Lunar even drops his gun, and that's what you ultimately take him out with. Actually, that's one of the most interesting parts of this game: not all of the boss battles are just throwing things at your opponent, as you might expect, but instead you often have to resort to beating the crap out of them any way you can (which we'll see some more of t=in the next world end boss). It gives them a surprising touch of rawness in an otherwise cartoony game.

That all said, I still find it a bit weird that the Cerberus α goes all Beast Change in a dramatic cutscene and the first thing it does is...start galloping uselessly in the background while Lunar and Marina grapple one-on-one. It makes up for it later, of course, but it's still a curious way to introduce the concept.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Catching the laser is amazing, yes. Although with catching lasers I'm pretty sure you have to continually press B rather than just hit it once.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Cerberus Alpha is also i think the only Boss where u are able to defeat him within 1 Minute when u're able to Pointblack him.

Lucky for raocow, he is (i think) indeed the hardest Boss in the Game.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Alice wrote:In my opinion both Phoenix and the final boss are more difficult. Lunar is definitely up there though. The next boss is far easier to perfect than this one was, lol.
I got the Gold gem for Phoenix partly due to luck and partly due to skipping a sub-phase.
I found that the "fighting Merco" phase is a bit easier if you don't pull away his lance after pulling away his shield (as he doesn't try to get in your face until you remove his lance) and simply throw his shield at him

I've perfected the final boss several times, probably due to the fact that…
you can somewhat influence what moves it uses. what it uses is partially based on where you are in relation to it.
  • when you're standing under it: it either tries to stomp you (I don't know if throwing its foot up does any damage to it or if you have to do it a few times for the other location conditions to matter) or jumps to a side (I forget if it tries to jump kick you after a sidejump)
  • when you're at the left side of the screen: fires laser blasts you can block for health (I rarely stood to the left, so I don't have a foolproof plan here to avoid getting hit)
  • when you're at the right side of the screen: rocket-fist which you catch to throw back at it
[/spoiler]

but yea, I agree that the next no-damage-required boss is far easier to perfect. IMO, the easiest to perfect by far
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

ROLLING ROCK

ON THE ROLL & ROCKER

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Still no idea what happened. Time to consult Gamefaqs!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica