(shouting)

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 77g FINAL - We Will Rock You [B-Side]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep65a - Crocodiles and Activision [Demo's Wondrous Pitfall]

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I thought it was 2 levels away including the post game world. :p
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep65a - Crocodiles and Activision [Demo's Wondrous Pitfall]

Post by Tobi555 »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 7 years ago I thought it was 2 levels away including the post game world. :p
It's 2 levels from the end not 2 levels away :P I also named it that as a reference to 'trial of iron'
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago
Awakenyourmind wrote: 7 years ago I thought it was 2 levels away including the post game world. :p
It's 2 levels from the end not 2 levels away :P I also named it that as a reference to 'trial of iron'
From ASMT?
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep65b - A Comedy of Errors [Demo's Wondrous Pitfall]

Post by QubicTom »

This took a little longer than I thought it would!
Ep65b - A Comedy of Errors

Voting options:
Adamantium Castle - GanonTEK
Lakitrouble in the Lakitundra - SyStemkraSh5642
Running Like Clockwork - yoshicookiezeus
Skyway to Wonderland - Septentrion Pleiades
The level of ghosts and slippery floors - shdwdrgnix
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 7 years ago From ASMT?
Yup :) Also nice vid today Tom voting for Lakitrouble
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep66 - Lost Love in Lakitundra [Lakitrouble in the Lakitundra]

Post by QubicTom »

Shoutouts to Spike Toss in JUMP!
Ep66 - Lost Love in Lakitundra

Voting options:
The level of ghosts and slippery floors - shdwdrgnix
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep67a - Church of the Unnecessarily Long [The level of ghosts and slippery flo

Post by QubicTom »

Welp, here's a 45 minute video containing mainly the first half of a level. If the winning run is nearly 12 minutes long with a large part of it in 4x speedup your level might be a smidge too big :lol:
Ep67a - Church of the Unnecessarily Long

This feels like three levels in one. Maybe it's just me, but I really didn't like some of the music choices in this level. I had to put the volume down way lower than normal but the high-pitched fast pace screaming instruments were giving me a headache, even during editing when I put the volume down even more. Listen to the tracks at the end of the level and hear how quiet they are with how low the volume is set.

So, I think to get the chest

I might have to use a pipe in the boss room and bring a blue throw block? I think I could also fly but it'd be very difficult. It's totally unclear, and the idea of having to experiment after two long and dangerous slow autoscrollers is really putting me off!

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep67a - Church of the Unnecessarily Long [The level of ghosts and slippery flo

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago So, I think to get the chest

I might have to use a pipe in the boss room and bring a blue throw block?

This is indeed the intended solution. You managed to go through the coin maze room legit...raocow cheesed it with the springboard :lol:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago This is indeed the intended solution.
Ah ha! Thank you for confirming that. However, I cheesed it in the end :lol:

And with this done, I think there are less than ten levels left in the game (I count each half of a Switch Palace as a level :P )
Ep67b - Big Red Button

I really hope JUMP-1/2 is done soon, or else I'm going to have to find a short project to do in between!

Voting options:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep67b - Big Red Button [The level of ghosts and slippery floors]

Post by raocow »

if my personal experience can be of any use to you:

Don't EVER count on a game to finish in time for an lp series
(unless they are timing it with your schedule but that implies the game is pretty much litteraly done)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep67b - Big Red Button [The level of ghosts and slippery floors]

Post by Sugar »

That said, ASMT should be a fine game to play. Or if you would prefer to do something non-Talkhaus (after all those ASMT games), VIP4.

Voting for "Running Like Clockwork", may be fun, considering it's YCZ after all, one of hopefully competent level designers in A2MT.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

I disagree with you that the level would have been "good" had it been divided into multiple levels. Most of the sublevels are basically enemy spam with ice physics and random bullet bill generators. The best part was probably the VIP1 reference with the invisible solid block glitch, but even that was executed in a fairly confusing and overcomplicated way.

It's just a bad level in my opinion, no matter how you put it

Voting for "Skyway to Wonderland"
this is getting laundromatic
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep55b - The Gift of Grammar [Sagan Leagues Above the Surface]

Post by Kshaard »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago
QubicTom wrote: 7 years agoEarlier in this thread someone was requesting a particular bit of music, if you have any idea what it is it'd be super helpful (maybe it was the music from Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad? I can't quite remember).
Deadly Ninja Assasin Squad - AA.Kurtz - Ninjas Are Still the Hardest

Finding the track on YouTube took more than recognizing actual track (as I know that port by Wyatt), as I thought that this one was low quality, but apparently the track is indeed AESTHETICS in terms of quality (back in 2008) after I found its MP3 (I actually did upload a track once on YouTube for purposes of those track recognization thingy, that would be The Richest Warehouse theme in JUMP).

Voting for a rock that will betray you all the time.
Just stumbled upon the music from Legend of Kage for the NES, and this is literally it. So that's that question settled once and for all.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep55b - The Gift of Grammar [Sagan Leagues Above the Surface]

Post by QubicTom »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago Don't EVER count on a game to finish in time for an lp series
(unless they are timing it with your schedule but that implies the game is pretty much litteraly done)
I am pushing them extra hard to get this done by mid May, not that I have any control over it or anything :P Now that YUMP is pretty much done, a lot more work has been going into polishing JUMP-1/2. Even if it's not done on time (but is near enough to the release date), I'll do those promised JUMP Beta levels or something.
GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago That said, ASMT should be a fine game to play. Or if you would prefer to do something non-Talkhaus (after all those ASMT games), VIP4.
Both of those games feel even more scary than A2MT for me. They don't have easy saves or life farms, do they? Without both of those, I'd be game-overing and losing progress all the time. I also don't know if it's feasible for me to beat ASMT without savestates - especially the King Charles fight at the end.
Ryrir wrote: 7 years ago It's just a bad level in my opinion, no matter how you put it
I'm trying hard to be nicer to A2MT. There was enemy spam and flat land in a lot of it, but it felt more rompy than annoying, so I forgave it!
Kshaard wrote: 7 years ago Just stumbled upon the music from Legend of Kage for the NES, and this is literally it. So that's that question settled once and for all.
Great find, wow! The original is also ear-splittingly high pitched to me, so that's good I guess :lol:

Here's two hours of dying to a fish in the face condensed into video form.
Ep68a - Grey Carousel and a Fish Generator
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago Both of those games feel even more scary than A2MT for me. They don't have easy saves or life farms, do they? Without both of those, I'd be game-overing and losing progress all the time. I also don't know if it's feasible for me to beat ASMT without savestates - especially the King Charles fight at the end.
Checking VIP4 videos, I can see an infinite life farm in World 1 (and I bet there are more life farms). Nothing as obvious as in JUMP, but still as a life farm (and oddly enough a level with gimmick that would work as a life farm, if not for ASM to make sure you cannot get lifes in that level... what).

It's somewhat less convenient in ASMT - first level has lots of coins, although it's not that you will need a life farm before "I need to breathe" (as those levels are just really easy), "I need to breathe" has early 1UP (so you can Start+Select as much as you want), but it isn't exactly a life farm. "Afraid of Something Unseen" has a star in it and Bullet Bill launcher just after Midway Point, so it can serve as lifefarm at the end of World 2 (Midway Points can be saved, by the way), just be aware it's a rather dangerous level, and you are expected to lose a few lifes while life farming, so don't visit it with one life. Later, in World 4, Chillout is a really good lifefarm (not automatic, but may as well be automatic).

As for save points, any level with a save point in it (except for switch palaces) can serve as one. In ASMT, savepoints are quite common, generally on level of one save point per two levels, and there are some really easy levels with savepoints in them.

As for King Charles, well, you deal with A2MT somehow, don't you :)? It's insane, essentially on level of hardest parts of A2MT, but I don't think it's harder than that.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep68a - Grey Carousel and a Fish Generator [Skyway to Wonderland]

Post by raocow »

for the record, for jump half they are aiming for c3, so this is this summer: you will defnitely have to play something else in between.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep68a - Grey Carousel and a Fish Generator [Skyway to Wonderland]

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago Checking VIP4 videos, I can see an infinite life farm...
It's somewhat less convenient in ASMT... lifefarm at the end of World 2
As for save points...
Thank you so much for all that info! It's exactly what I needed to know.
raocow wrote: 7 years ago for the record, for jump half they are aiming for c3, so this is this summer: you will definitely have to play something else in between.
Combined with GlitchMr's post, this means either ASMT or YUMP is next (unless JUMP-1/2 picks up even more steam in the next few weeks). YUMP is a game you'd really appreciate, and honestly I would prefer to see you play it. I promise it'll make you laugh, then probably cry. Although I don't know if your audience will appreciate the "it's so bad it's good" quality (although it does have a lot of genuinely interesting ideas). "It's so bad it's good" isn't exactly right; I still can't come up with a concise yet accurate way to describe YUMP!

It took another hour and a half, but Skyway to Wonderland is done!
Ep68b - Duck Soup

I've noticed my mic producing more white noise than normal, so I'll try to improve the sound quality before the next video.

Voting options:
raocow

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep68b - Duck Soup [Skyway to Wonderland]

Post by raocow »

I vote for good ol' wcz
Sugar

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep68b - Duck Soup [Skyway to Wonderland]

Post by Sugar »

Running Like Clockwork
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

I also have mixed feelings about Skyway to Wonderland. It's definitely better than some of the other levels in A2MT, but at the same time I really didn't enjoy playing it (granted, that might have been because I was playing the old version, which is borderline impossible to complete because you get stopped by earthquakes literally every other frame).

I think the level gets worse the further you go: At the beginning there were a lot of clever setups with the snakes, the koopas and the fish generator, but towards the end it all kind of muddled together to one big bananasnake spam fest. I get the sneaking suspicion that the level was rushed at the end.

If I recall correctly the reason why there's no midpoint is not because of technical issues (you can have winged platforms and a midpoint in the same level without any problems), but because "Time Will Hide Your Way" and "Skyway to Wonderland" actually used to be one big level or something? It was split into two levels to make it more reasonable, but I guess they thought it was short enough that it didn't need an extra midpoint.

Voting "Running Like Clockwork" which is actually a pretty fun level for a change
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Getting ever so closer to the end of A2MT :) Voting for Running Like Clockwork...honestly this is probably the last time to vote since from here on it'll be linear progression
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago I vote for good ol' wcz
WCZ???? Wario Cookie Zeus?!?
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Ryrir wrote: 7 years ago I also have mixed feelings about Skyway to Wonderland. It's definitely better than some of the other levels in A2MT, but at the same time I really didn't enjoy playing it (granted, that might have been because I was playing the old version, which is borderline impossible to complete because you get stopped by earthquakes literally every other frame).
If I recall correctly the reason why there's no midpoint is not because of technical issues (you can have winged platforms and a midpoint in the same level without any problems), but because "Time Will Hide Your Way" and "Skyway to Wonderland" actually used to be one big level or something? It was split into two levels to make it more reasonable, but I guess they thought it was short enough that it didn't need an extra midpoint.
Those two levels combined into one would be insane. Like, unfun garbage, beyond the "challenging for experts" threshold which I understand and into "I Wanna Be the Guy but with no nearby respawns" nonsense. Why make a level that someone would have to endure for hours and hours? It's... selfish? I think it's only acceptable to make long levels if you're sure they are fun and not annoying to die in. I understand that players like me wouldn't be the audience for such a level. But I can't think of many who would like such a thing.

Now onto some solid level design by yoshicookiezeus!
ERROR CODE 69 - MAINTENANCE REQUIRED

Question: are there Parrot Coins or chests in the last world, or will the next level have the last collectables in the game?

Voting option:
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago
Question: are there Parrot Coins or chests in the last world, or will the next level have the last collectables in the game?
Yes only 1 level in the last world has parrots and a chest and then raocow's further over there postgame level does as well. B-Side, Trials of the Parrot, and Nezumi's Farm (since it's not a 'level' level) do not have parrot coins or chests.

EDIT: Remember, you can always check the gallery in the parrot pad for progress on the chests :)
Ryrir

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - ERROR CODE 69 - MAINTENANCE REQUIRED [Running Like Clockwork]

Post by Ryrir »

This one is probably my favorite level of a2mt. I really think it's too bad that this wcz guy didn't design more levels for this game...

He's a really prominent figure in the original ASMT though, so should you ever want to play that game, that's something to look forward to :P

Chest reference: NO. YOU. STAY AWAY!