(shouting)

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 77g FINAL - We Will Rock You [B-Side]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62c - Dodge Power-Ups, Then Enemies [betrayal rock]

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago Any% speedrun would just be to beat the final boss, assuming that triggers the credits! But honestly, there are certain levels that are mandatory that make speedrunning unappealing...
That's why a speedrun is confusing for this game, there's no final boss 'fight' it's a "you make it to the boss and then he dies" kinda thing. So wouldn't it make the speedrun unofficial if you have to open the B-Side file mid run since several factors play into that such as speed in opening the file? Meh I'd be content if a speedrun only went up to Trials of the Parrot and once you hit the goal timer ends. :lol: Anyways, enough arbitrary talk :P
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62c - Dodge Power-Ups, Then Enemies [betrayal rock]

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago I'd be content if a speedrun only went up to Trials of the Parrot and once you hit the goal timer ends.
That's exactly what any% should be! I'm now more confident that a speedrun of this gae

The second half of betrayal rock. Pfft, who needs save states?! :D
Ep62d - The Meaning of Life

Voting options:
Green Switch
Blue Switch
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62d - The Meaning of Life [betrayal rock]

Post by Sugar »

Voting for blue switch.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62d - The Meaning of Life [betrayal rock]

Post by Tobi555 »

Amazing Job Tom! :D Voting for Green Switch Palace since that's the only one that was a pain in my ass to fix XD Iso's room was missing ALL of it's ASM code on the full overworld version, raocow was sent a fixed fishmarket version. :P

EDIT: Also the weird red pixels next to the "4" are from the power up behind it. Sprites can be shown in that small box where the item is it's kinda hard to explain but basically if a sprite overlaps in the area of the item some of the pixels will show up for it since that section of the text box displays sprites.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Turns out that the meaning of life was beating Betrayal Rock all along!
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lazy_ »

@Tobi or anyone else who might know: Is the Des Fois, J'ai Peur port available for download anywhere? If not, could you please link it to me if you happen to have it?

ontopic: voting for the Green Switch
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Lazy_ wrote: 7 years ago @Tobi or anyone else who might know: Is the Des Fois, J'ai Peur port available for download anywhere? If not, could you please link it to me if you happen to have it?

ontopic: voting for the Green Switch
You could download Yelsey's SPC set unless your looking for the txt file, in which case i'd ask Wyatt if he has it. :)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep63a - Very Steep Slopes [Grey Line Art Palace]

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago Guess who's bad at video games? 8-)
Well it's a hard switch palace section to and you didn't know about the mushroom :P Finally got around to finishing A2XT myself and I absolutely LOVED it. I never got around to playing it years ago because I wanted the excitement to build up and it was worth it :lol:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep63a - Very Steep Slopes [Grey Line Art Palace]

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago Finally got around to finishing A2XT myself and I absolutely LOVED it. I never got around to playing it years ago because I wanted the excitement to build up and it was worth it :lol:
Oh nice! So now that you've seen it, is it something worth LPing after Rayman or is it just too full of in-jokes that have to be explained? :)

This took 2 hours and 28 minutes. I felt that most of the deaths were out of my control due to the very steep slopes. Ah well!
Ep63b - Even More Very Steep Slopes
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep63b - Even More Very Steep Slopes [Grey Line Art Palace]

Post by raocow »

after watching your run, I went and looked at my own shot at this level (video 19 for those curious)

I had a pretty bad time but I didn't have nearly as much issues as you with the slopes.
shrug?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep63b - Even More Very Steep Slopes [Grey Line Art Palace]

Post by Tobi555 »

Definitely! Go for it Tom I wanna hear your thoughts on the siblings and stuff :) Especially since A2XT2 is finally moving again :D I actually really take a liking to Talkhaus' stories for Demo and friends. I may be a bit biased too since

I may or may not be in A2XT2 as Calleoca's editor

Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Voting for A2XT. It's one of my favourite games.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Obviously the next game to play is is Englisch mit Rayman, or one of the other versions of that game.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

A2Mt isn't no joke, so don't feel bad. You got through one of my hard levels, so you have skill. raocow should know that if you get through one of my levels without savestates, then you have skill. raocow himself cannot deny this. Try to rao, you know what's up bro :p
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep63c - Two Phantos and a Key [Illusion Palace]

Post by QubicTom »

The Blue Switch Palace, which I think is Illusion Palace by frostyfish88. This took about two hours or so, even though it isn't so bad. Not only can I not deal with very steep slopes, it seems like I can't deal with phantos either! After this session I ate way too many cookies and biscuits to feel better :P
Ep63c - Two Phantos and a Key

I still want to start A2XT but it might not happen until Tuesday, since this recording session took up so much more time than I thought it would.

Oops, forgot the voting options!
Demo's Wondrous Pitfall! - Schnurmanator
Time Will Hide Your Way - Septentrion Pleiades
Last edited by QubicTom 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep63c - Two Phantos and a Key [Illusion Palace]

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago The Blue Switch Palace, which I think is Illusion Palace by frostyfish88.
It is. The camera thing is from setting the scrolling on that level. When you respawn the camera automatically puts Demo in view but the second you move the level settings for the scrolling apply and I didn't wanna put the respawn point right before the awkward chainsaw-slope jumps because that's rude so I just put up with the second of jarring scrolling and put the respawn next to the door. Also voting for Time will hide your way
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't like sadgrumpytom :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago Also voting for Time will hide your way
Thank you for the explanation, and for the vote! I decided to use your vote immediately!
raocow wrote: 7 years ago I don't like sadgrumpytom :(
To make up for my bad mood at the end of the last episode, I've recorded an extra video with my usual positivity in the face of adversity :D

Time Will Hide Your Way by Septentrion Pleiades. This had a very challenging secret to it.
Ep64 - Invisible Floors and Wild Pokemon
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago To make up for my bad mood at the end of the last episode, I've recorded an extra video with my usual positivity in the face of adversity :D
Thanks Tom! Glad your feeling more positive :) Funny that you mention it feels "incomplete" this level and Skyway to Wonderland we're once 1 level together but after moderation it was recommended to be split into 2 separate levels. Also another 2 instance's of version 1.6 in this video is the fact that you can go straight to Running like Clockwork from Skyway to Wonderland and go straight to Demo's Wondrous Pitfall straight from Skyway without even beating it but that's not a big deal :P Voting for Demo's Wondrous Pitfall
Last edited by Tobi555 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ryrir

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep64 - Invisible Floors and Wild Pokemon [Time Will Hide Your Way]

Post by Ryrir »

Fair Warning: "Skyway to Wonderland" is one of the worst A2MT levels in my personal opinion. It's the level where I just didn't care anymore and started using tools, because I did not have even the least bit of fun. I beat stuff like "betrayal rock" and even the original, super ridiculous version of "The Meaning of Sharp" all without savestates, but man, "Skyway to Wonderland" was just not worth my time.

Your experience might be completely different from mine though! I remember raocow played an extremely neutered version of the level in his playthrough, so maybe one of the numerous updates changed it to raocow's version? Gotta stay optimistic!

Edit: Just rewatched raocow's video, and it turns out that even Septentrion himself didn't want people to play the old version!

Voting for "Demo's Wondrous Pitfall"
this is getting laundromatic
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep64 - Invisible Floors and Wild Pokemon [Time Will Hide Your Way]

Post by Tobi555 »

Ryrir wrote: 7 years ago stuff
Yup, Tom's got the updated level to the version raocow played so the annoying

Earthquake robot's we're replaced with banana bros.

:) Sorry for the abundance of updates I've put out in the past 7 month's everyone :P :lol:
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago
Ryrir wrote: 7 years ago stuff
Yup, Tom's got the updated level
Whew, alright then! That's honestly a relief to hear. In that case disregard everything I said earlier, the fixed version is pretty okay
this is getting laundromatic
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I've been waiting for Trial of the parrot, when will you do it?
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago Tom's got the updated level
Perfect! I don't remember the other version of the level, but I probably won't do a "let's play the original!" :)
Awakenyourmind wrote: 7 years ago I've been waiting for Trial of the parrot, when will you do it?
As soon as I get there :D I think there are less than ten exits to get before I reach Trial of the Parrot, so depending on how well things go I should reach that level before the end of the month. Sorry, I know I'm a slow player, but I try my best!

Not much to say about this level. It's pretty good! Some ceiling issues later but just in one place. Will get the secret exit tomorrow, ran out of recording time tonight. Sorry that this one is so late! Now to finally sleep. Or watch aterraformer stream SM64 hacks because it's 4am :lol:
Ep65a - Crocodiles and Activision