(shouting)

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 77g FINAL - We Will Rock You [B-Side]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep59 - Giant Demo Portrait [Land of Illusions]

Post by TaviTurnip »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago The level is based on Super Marisa Land.
The boat ride, stones and the staircase are directly lifted from MegaMari. The visual inclusion of the side portrait is in both games.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep59 - Giant Demo Portrait [Land of Illusions]

Post by Tobi555 »

TaviTurnip wrote: 7 years ago Meanwhile, the illusion graphic was one of my best works generally speaking... but it looks like someone else actually touched it up after I submitted it, or the palette just magically made it look way better than I first did, so that's neat either way. Good job A2MT work people and/or convenient level colors :D
Some graphics we're touched up. I can't even describe how tedious it was to co-operate with the game on palette's for the chest items. A handful of items had palette issues in-game that required extensive testing to make sure the colors worked just right. Thanks Rena we worked really hard to make the treasure system what it is :P
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
First name: chri
Pronouns: she

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep55b - The Gift of Grammar [Sagan Leagues Above the Surface]

Post by chridd »

First half is based specifically on Youmu's stage from MegaMari. Pollen thrower is Lily White, and behaves similarly to how she did in MegaMari. The enemies that get faster are based on a Mega Man enemy. The bamboo-holding bunnies I think are from New Super Marisa Land (although maybe they were in Super Marisa Land as well and I just don't remember; it's been a while).

Vote: Sewage Castle
Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago
QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago
Great video today Tom, also, it's not because of your version that the blocks don't spray out. It's the way the game handles exits that messes up the event's since you can choose which palace you want. For example say that switch palace overworld tile is tied to the blue block spraying event but at the midpoint you went for the yellow or any of the other palaces instead, that would mean that despite hitting the yellow switch the game will still use the blue block spraying event on the overworld. There's no way around this with the way it's set up so we just disabled the events using ASM instead. :) The only thing that happens for you regarding switch's is re-entry of the levels but you already know that it's cuz you started with 1.6, and that that's been fixed since then. :P
Couldn't you use some generic block (white or transparent or multi-colored)?
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep55b - The Gift of Grammar [Sagan Leagues Above the Surface]

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago I love this level a lot, having touhou characters in the level like Lily White, Komachi and Tewi is kinda cool to me :)
I never would have guessed :lol: Which character is in your profile picture?
TaviTurnip wrote: 7 years ago Meanwhile, the illusion graphic was one of my best works generally speaking...

Also this was another of my favorite levels, but the treasure path was so... unnecessary. Kind of misled in the way the obstacles operate, I think :x It's too bad. It's not bad as a concept at all. Just kind of unfortunate.
(If you want less art, Marisa Land had some, uh, well. It wasn't as kawaii desu, that's for sure ;D)
The illusion graphic was pretty good! Pixel art is something that is way harder than some people realize, so I appreciate what you can accomplish in such a tiny work space! I got very lucky with finding that treasure chest. I have no idea what "kawaii desu" means :D
GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago I sorta gave up on trying to list music, but whatever.
I'm glad you're back! Earlier in this thread someone was requesting a particular bit of music, if you have any idea what it is it'd be super helpful (maybe it was the music from Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad? I can't quite remember).
chridd wrote: 7 years ago First half is based specifically on Youmu's stage from MegaMari. Pollen thrower is Lily White, and behaves similarly to how she did in MegaMari. The enemies that get faster are based on a Mega Man enemy. The bamboo-holding bunnies I think are from New Super Marisa Land (although maybe they were in Super Marisa Land as well and I just don't remember; it's been a while).
I know Super Marisa World but I'm totally unfamiliar with Super Marisa Land or any other of those fangames! Thank you for the info!

Now for a neat level with an easy boss that drained a lot of lives because of the gimmick!
Ep60 - Sweeping Lights then Total Darkness

Voting options:
betrayal rock - raocow
Demo's Wondrous Pitfall! - Schnurmanator
hey there sewage castle - Cmbheadquarters
Time Will Hide Your Way - Septentrion Pleiades
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep60 - Sweeping Lights then Total Darkness [Light and Darkness]

Post by Ryrir »

voting for time will hide your way
this is getting laundromatic
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago
Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago I love this level a lot, having touhou characters in the level like Lily White, Komachi and Tewi is kinda cool to me :)
I never would have guessed :lol: Which character is in your profile picture?
My pic is of the only cancelled touhou character (to my knowledge) Rin Satsuki, which I believe deserves more attention in fan games :P She was supposed to appear in Embodiment of Scarlet Devil but was canned due to time constraints. Voting for hey there sewage castle.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep60 - Sweeping Lights then Total Darkness [Light and Darkness]

Post by TaviTurnip »

SEWAGE CASTLE [spams twitch baby emotes]

Also that rock item looks a ton like something I would have drawn, but it wasn't me. It's amusingly similar to how I would have done it.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years agoEarlier in this thread someone was requesting a particular bit of music, if you have any idea what it is it'd be super helpful (maybe it was the music from Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad? I can't quite remember).
Deadly Ninja Assasin Squad - AA.Kurtz - Ninjas Are Still the Hardest

Finding the track on YouTube took more than recognizing actual track (as I know that port by Wyatt), as I thought that this one was low quality, but apparently the track is indeed AESTHETICS in terms of quality (back in 2008) after I found its MP3 (I actually did upload a track once on YouTube for purposes of those track recognization thingy, that would be The Richest Warehouse theme in JUMP).

Voting for a rock that will betray you all the time.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

betrayal rock is a bad level taht shouldn't be played by anyone, so you should probably get it out of the way
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago Deadly Ninja Assasin Squad - AA.Kurtz - Ninjas Are Still the Hardest

Finding the track on YouTube took more than recognizing actual track (as I know that port by Wyatt), as I thought that this one was low quality, but apparently the track is indeed AESTHETICS in terms of quality (back in 2008) after I found its MP3 (I actually did upload a track once on YouTube for purposes of those track recognization thingy, that would be The Richest Warehouse theme in JUMP).
Oh wow, I didn't realise you went to that much effort to find music tracks! I do really appreciate it :D
Kshaard wrote: Was looking for music
GlitchMr found what you were looking for!

Last level of Forest World. I had forgotten to say this on video, but I think Forest World was one of three overworlds drawn by raocow (do correct me if I'm wrong!). The others are Ice World and the final world.
Ep61 - Sewage Pipes and Official Documentation

Voting options:
betrayal rock - raocow
Demo's Wondrous Pitfall! - Schnurmanator
Time Will Hide Your Way - Septentrion Pleiades
chridd
Doesn't post frequently
First name: chri
Pronouns: she

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep61 - Sewage Pipes and Official Documentation [hey there sewage castle]

Post by chridd »

Music: Sewage Castle (you finally played the level this was written for)

Vote: Betrayal Rock
(is Betrayal Rock the level in that one "make a video for this day day" Christmas video?)
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep61 - Sewage Pipes and Official Documentation [hey there sewage castle]

Post by raocow »

chridd wrote: 7 years ago
Vote: Betrayal Rock
(is Betrayal Rock the level in that one "make a video for this day day" Christmas video?)
yup!
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years agoDeadly Ninja Assasin Squad - AA.Kurtz - Ninjas Are Still the Hardest

Voting for a rock that will betray you all the time.
Oh wow, well found! Is it just an original composition by some random person that Wyatt just happened to find, or what's the story here?
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

It's completely obvious with the overwhelming amount of votes but...betrayal rock. :lol: raocow drew ice, space, forest, and final world maps while Underground, mountain and the main overworld we're all done by Paralars. :)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago raocow drew ice, space, forest, and final world maps while Underground, mountain and the main overworld we're all done by Paralars. :)
Thank you for confirming that! I'll say this out loud in a future video so everybody knows!

betrayal rock. I know everyone is looking forward to this, but I think this is actually my worst episode. After an hour I made no real progress, because it takes quite a few minutes to get through each part due to all the waiting involved. It's not the level's fault, it's 100% mine, since this level really punishes clumsiness! I won't use savestates or anything, I will do this, it just make take a few days. Sorry for the disappointing episode!
Ep62a - Dodge The Power-Ups
Lockirby2

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62a - Dodge The Power-Ups [betrayal rock]

Post by Lockirby2 »

I don't think it's the worst episode. Betrayal Rock is a troll level, so any mishaps end up being amusing.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Video Delayed Until Monday!

Post by QubicTom »

Sorry folks, I need to delay the next A2MT video until Monday! I didn't have time to record yesterday, and I was too tired out today for what will be a long recording session for betrayal rock.

Honestly, I think I needed this little weekend break away from A2MT, I felt somewhat burnt out these last few sessions. Daily uploads of a hard game you're not particularly good at is exhausting, who'd have thought it :lol:

Rayman is unaffected because I recorded several episodes in advance. That's not possible with A2MT due to the voting thing!
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

It's going to get better... then a lot worse. Lol
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 7 years ago It's going to get better... then a lot worse. Lol
I don't even think I'll be able to beat the last few levels, honestly! But I gotta try, dammit!

The return of A2MT. I've been trying to beat levels in one video for the past while, which I think contributed to being burnt out. Since the levels are only going to get more difficult, I'm going to take it slower and return to part a, b and c videos, just to reduce the pressure on myself a little bit!
Ep62b - Dès Fois J'ai Peur

So, people have been requesting that I play A2XT after Rayman, and honestly playing an easier game for the B-side sounds like a good idea. I did a test recording and everything works fine (although I had to use the PGE maintainer tool to fix all the object layers, which are mixed up in v1.3).

However, there were some things I didn't like about v1.3 of A2XT, so I made the following changes:
-Reverted the new sound effects to the old ones (Wart should quack in this game, dammit!)
-Put all the original boss music back (I know Dr. Shemp requested them to be removed, but I hope he'd respect my decision to put them back for my own personal use, for nostalgia purposes. I don't have ads on my video, so I'm not profiting from his compositions if that makes any difference).
-I kept the new boss music for the Nevada fight, replacing the 8-bit "Smells Like Teen Spirit". The new piece is very good and should be heard!

My arguments against playing this game are:
-raocow's playthrough will always be 1000x better and funnier than what I can make
-I have a few viewers who know nothing of raocow and the talkhaus, and this game is 95% in-jokes, so I'd spend the entire time explaining things
-I remember the entire game quite well and it's fairly easy, so there'd be no reactions or struggles like in the other LPs I do

What are people's opinions?
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 7 years ago I don't even think I'll be able to beat the last few levels, honestly! But I gotta try, dammit!
That's the spirit :) Even if you have to resort the states it's better than just giving up with an unfinished LP in my opinion...then what would the point be of spending all this time if you don't see it through, happiness is key :P As for A2XT regarding in-house references, A2MT has those as well so it's not like it's something new to the viewers. You've played all Talkhaus projects so far so I think references aren't a big deal. In regards to the A2MT speedrunning thing that's something that's been occasionally on my mind about how a speedrun would function for this game...would that include B-Side or not considering it's a separate file or would it just end at Trials of the Parrot? So many questions :lol: I would LOVE to see a run though, even if it's not a serious one :D
raocow

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62b - Dès Fois J'ai Peur [betrayal rock]

Post by raocow »

I think you are overthinking it
just play a2xt to enjoy it! Apparently a2xt2 is getting some momemtum again so it feels fitting.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62b - Dès Fois J'ai Peur [betrayal rock]

Post by Awakenyourmind »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago I think you are overthinking it
just play a2xt to enjoy it! Apparently a2xt2 is getting some momemtum again so it feels fitting.
My grandchildren (that I'm too young to even have right now) will be dead before ep 2 comes out! lies and slander Mr. Cow!!1111
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I do agree about raocow saying to play for fun though... youre already doing / done two lps raocow has, whats another?

Just have fun.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep62c - Dodge Power-Ups, Then Enemies [betrayal rock]

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago As for A2XT regarding in-house references, A2MT has those as well so it's not like it's something new to the viewers. You've played all Talkhaus projects so far so I think references aren't a big deal. In regards to the A2MT speedrunning thing that's something that's been occasionally on my mind about how a speedrun would function for this game...would that include B-Side or not considering it's a separate file or would it just end at Trials of the Parrot? So many questions :lol: I would LOVE to see a run though, even if it's not a serious one :D
Any% speedrun would just be to beat the final boss, assuming that triggers the credits! But honestly, there are certain levels that are mandatory that make speedrunning unappealing... Also, A2XT in-jokes and references are ridiculous in number, there are more than people even realize! Maybe a handful of people know why "This is accurate" has that level name, that's actually a reference. Loads of subtle ones!
Awakenyourmind wrote: 7 years ago I do agree about raocow saying to play for fun though... youre already doing / done two lps raocow has, whats another?
Hey, in fairness, I started JUMP a month before raocow! It just took me, uh, a bit longer to do it :D And anyways, you're mistaken, it's three LPs that raocow has done that I've also done :lol: because I played through Copy Kitty too (it's a terrible LP though, audio/graphical issues make it unwatchable!)

I make very little progress again. This video is a lot like video 62a. I reckon tomorrow will go way better, now that I've learned what to do and can get it done consistently. There is a rant in this episode, just ignore it, it was cathartic :D
Ep62c - Dodge Power-Ups, Then Enemies

Also, does anybody know what music is used in this level?