(shouting)

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 77g FINAL - We Will Rock You [B-Side]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
morsel/morceau

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43a - Candy Cane Spike Tunnels and Milk [Wrathful Romp]

Post by morsel/morceau »

The green springy things are nothing to be afraid of; you should ignore anyone who indiscriminately condemns them and hark unto me. Viz:
DO NOT press the forward direction before you have bounced (you will likely just walk along the spring).
DO judge the height you will go before attempting a forward bounce (you can bounce from any part of the spring, and you will go higher near the bent end, and so you can have a precise idea of the height you will go by bouncing in place and fully holding the jump button since that will not change on a forward bounce -- useful if there is a ceiling to contend with).
dont wanna jihad no more
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43a - Candy Cane Spike Tunnels and Milk [Wrathful Romp]

Post by QubicTom »

morsel/morceau wrote:DO NOT press the forward direction before you have bounced (you will likely just walk along the spring).
DO judge the height you will go before attempting a forward bounce.
Thank you for reminding me - I do know these things, but the hard part is breaking the bad habit! Like how I have to break the habit of aiming directly for one tile gaps :lol:

So there's a full minute of pointless busy work before getting on with the real gimmick: p-ballooning through long narrow spike tunnels while avoiding pollen, baseballs and bullets. Then you need to fight four chucks in narrow spaces (two with spike ceilings above them) in order to get a shell to get a p-balloon to go under a long row of spikes under the screen.
Ep43b - Precision Spike Tunnel Navigation

Getting the chest will be Ep43c - that's right, the chest was such a pain that it deserves its own video. In the meantime, place a vote!

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Forest Fever - TwoHeadedYoshi
I Need a P - Septentrion Pleiades
P.Key's Mansion - 7TC7
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43b - Precision Spike Tunnel Navigation [Wrathful Romp]

Post by Ryrir »

voting forest fever for three reasons:
- it's been on the list the longest
- the forest ow music is pretty rad
- it's super easy
this is getting laundromatic
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
I Need a P - Septentrion Pleiades
P.Key's Mansion - 7TC7
Voting for I Need A P! little trivia, in one of the newer updates I switched the exits for this level, the more straight forward one doesn't unlock anything but the one that actually requires effort does, but since you started on 1.6 the non effort one will unlock the path instead.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43b - Precision Spike Tunnel Navigation [Wrathful Romp]

Post by TaviTurnip »

Catching up on graphics I'm involved in:
- Ritalin being in the ADD level is hilarious.
- Minishark looks way better with the limited in-game palette than the one I drew. (It's a Terraria weapon, apparently!)
- Grocery Coupon is actually one of my favorite items as a concept and I'm not sure why.

Also like... your LP style is very pleasant? It's a bit tough to explain. I really appreciate the way you talk about the situations you encounter, and it's informative and knowledgeable on your part and I feel like you draw a ton of stuff from like, the best practices of raocow too, what with video editing and how you talk about stuff and things. I dunno I'm sure reading this is kind of awkward so I'll stop ;D

Also the area before abstract art zone (this was a few videos ago) I completely do not remember at all, with all the twinkly lights in the background and the Chiptune Challenge song. I absolutely don't remember that from Zombie A2MT, but I might be an idiot so :1

EDIT: oh uh I can vote, I Need a P is one of my favorite levels, go there.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

TaviTurnip wrote: Also the area before abstract art zone (this was a few videos ago) I completely do not remember at all, with all the twinkly lights in the background and the Chiptune Challenge song. I absolutely don't remember that from Zombie A2MT, but I might be an idiot so :1
It was in Zombie A2MT just with unintended music, I went through the old A2MT forums and found that challenge chiptune was meant for every switch palace section, its exclusively only for switch palaces in this game :P
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

TaviTurnip wrote:nice things
I really needed to hear that, thank you very much Tavi :) Most of the actual LP feedback I get is about how bad a player I am, so those kind words meant a lot to me! I know I'm not a funny/entertaining guy, so I try to focus on letting the game speak for itself. The editing style is totally copying raocow's style because it's the best (I get frustrated when other LPers don't bother to edit. Seeing the same level pieces over and over again is boring, regardless of commentary!). The commentary style is based on AgentJr, who made excellent LPs of horror games a number of years ago. There was no loud shouting, blatant swearing or other nonsense. He just tried to provide an alternative way to experience the games aside from playing them, adding any knowledge he had about them along the way.

Everyone's votes were counted and the winning level was played, which will be released tomorrow. First we had to get the chest in Wrathful Romp. And it was such an ordeal it ended up being its own video. Let's rant about bad level design!
Ep43c - Wrathful Romp Chest Pain
Grounder

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43c - Wrathful Romp Chest Pain

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43c - Wrathful Romp Chest Pain

Post by TaviTurnip »

wtf people rag on you? Uhh. That seem ridiculous. And I'm a very honest critic I think talkhaus is a little too aware >_> That sounds like nonsense. I'm glad I could be helpful :<

Also that cake is not mine. I actually thought that the lie was just another empty space and it was kinda funny until I saw it.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep44 - P Switch Power Hour [I Need a P]

Post by QubicTom »

A long video for a long level. I think Septentrion did a good job by keeping the number of enemies and power-ups reasonable so that you could explore this huge level without hassle, but I think the midpoint could have been used better.
Ep44 - P Switch Power Hour

After playing this I watched raocow's video, and noticed that a Parrot Coin was moved in the ghost house. It was moved to beside the only goopa in the ghost house, the one you need to solve a puzzle, and required you to jump on him, which could be to show that it's possible to get the shell even though he's over a pit. Was that done after raocow played it, or did he get the wrong level version back in the day? raocow never solved the puzzle with the goopa.

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
P.Key's Mansion - 7TC7
Sagan Leagues Above the Surface - Ometeotl
Ryrir

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep44 - P Switch Power Hour [I Need a P]

Post by Ryrir »

Voting Forest Fever. Someday it'll actually win the vote! Someday...

There's also another red koopa in the ghost house sublevel that is much easier to get to than the one Tom used. If I remember correctly it's on the bottom of the level in between the area where you find the p-switch and the chest, so a region he never really explored
this is getting laundromatic
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Ryrir wrote:Voting Forest Fever. Someday it'll actually win the vote! Someday...
The day is upon us! :lol: Also, I can't believe I missed that other goopa. I spent so long exploring everywhere except the ghost house, and I paid the price in the end!

This video is a little short - I recorded P. Key's Mansion in the same session, but that has more than 30 minutes of content by itself. Forest Fever being placed after Undermoore Passage confirms that the difficulty curve of this game is about as smooth as the NASDAQ index on a bad day.
Ep45 - A Pretty Great Swiss Army Knife
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep46 - Getting Ahead in the Gold Mine [P. Key's Mansion]

Post by QubicTom »

Here's the promised 30+ minute long episode! It's a long exploration level set in similar areas where finding a P-switch is crucial to finishing the level. Totally a unique concept, what are you talking about :lol:
Ep46 - Getting Ahead in the Gold Mine

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Mail Delivery!! - ProfessorDemetri [I forgot to put this one in when this was first posted, sorry!]
Mansion of Onoffness - noseman999
Time Will Hide Your Way - Septentrion Pleiades
Unpleasant Intruder - ProfessorDemetri
Last edited by QubicTom 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep46 - Getting Ahead in the Gold Mine [P. Key's Mansion]

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:Here's the promised 30+ minute long episode! It's a long exploration level set in similar areas where finding a P-switch is crucial to finishing the level. Totally a unique concept, what are you talking about :lol:
Ep46 - Getting Ahead in the Gold Mine

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Mansion of Onoffness - noseman999
Here's where the 91 to 93 path difference comes in. Mail Delivery and 1 other level in Ice world have their path open because I couldn't fix it for 1.6 but Mario90 was able to fix it for 1.8 but since overworld paths stay consistent you'll have 91 exits when the games done, and no P.Key has 1 exit :P
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565

Post by Kshaard »

Wait, what was it that unlocked Wrathful Romp? (I'm trying to make a visualised map thing of this game, by the way.)
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Kshaard wrote:Wait, what was it that unlocked Wrathful Romp? (I'm trying to make a visualised map thing of this game, by the way.)
I believe it was "Into The Sky Castle" - the level had one exit, but unlocked two paths. One went to Mad Science Laboratory, and the other led to a cloud which warped back up to Wrathful Romp. This can be seen at the end of Ep38. I'd be interested to see this visualized map!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote:Here's where the 91 to 93 path difference comes in. Mail Delivery and 1 other level in Ice world have their path open because I couldn't fix it for 1.6 but Mario90 was able to fix it for 1.8 but since overworld paths stay consistent you'll have 91 exits when the games done, and no P.Key has 1 exit :P
Ah okay - I went ahead and explained this in today's video! There are actually several other paths already unlocked that I show in this episode too.

noseman999 took the opportunity to update his level for the revived A2MT, to remove some of the unfairness of the original.
Ep47 - Briefly Excited Penguins

As with JUMP, I will also play the original, so look forward to that tomorrow! I can't promise finishing the level if it's as bad as noseman999 tells me, though. In spite of this, voting is still open, so tell me what to record next!

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Crazed Crayon Combat - RealLink
Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad - Cup
Mail Delivery!! - ProfessorDemetri
The Meaning of Sharp - noseman999
Grounder

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep47 - Briefly Excited Penguins [Mansion of Onoffness]

Post by Grounder »

Teenage Girl Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: Ah okay - I went ahead and explained this in today's video! There are actually several other paths already unlocked that I show in this episode too.

noseman999 took the opportunity to update his level for the revived A2MT, to remove some of the unfairness of the original.
Ep47 - Briefly Excited Penguins

As with JUMP, I will also play the original, so look forward to that tomorrow! I can't promise finishing the level if it's as bad as noseman999 tells me, though. In spite of this, voting is still open, so tell me what to record next!
The original has a broken puzzle and unseeable invisible walls, that's really all there is to it :lol: Thanks for explaining btw, the other paths that are open are that way on purpose, they're I guess what you could call, "Bonus levels". I can't wait to watch the episode keep up the good work Tom :D

EDIT: Also, voting for The Meaning of Sharp...I'm sorry in advance if it wins the vote :lol: It's one of the other levels that needed a revision from noseman.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote:The original has a broken puzzle and unseeable invisible walls, that's really all there is to it.
When I went to record the episode I hadn't read this yet and thought it'd be much worse!
Grounder wrote:Teenage Girl Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad!
This did win the vote, and I recorded it immediately after the episode below... but man, it's a long and difficult level. It was taking so long I had to take a break to edit and upload Mansion of Onoffness, or it would have been super late. So look forward to the trainwreck tomorrow!

noseman999, this wasn't too bad! Except the dark room, that was the only place where the new changes really made a difference!
Ep47o - Original Mansion of Onoffness
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: When I went to record the episode I hadn't read this yet and thought it'd be much worse!
Fair enough! :lol: The Meaning of Sharp on the other hand had an entire room cut from the new final version and some other major changes to the other rooms. It's easily one of the top hardest levels in this game so I'm relieved it's been toned down even if it's just a bit :P Looking forward to tomorrow's video! :D Keep up the good work Tom!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep48 - Surprise Chickens [The Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad]

Post by QubicTom »

Sorry that this episode is so late! I had to reprocess it and re-upload it. The first 5 minutes of the episode went missing in the first rendered version somehow (?).

The Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad by Cup. Definitely a level of A2MT difficulty!
Ep48 - Surprise Chickens

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Crazed Crayon Combat - RealLink
Dairy Disaster - Paralars
Mail Delivery!! - ProfessorDemetri
The Meaning of Sharp - noseman999
Grounder

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep48 - Surprise Chickens [The Deadly Ninja Assassin Squad]

Post by Grounder »

block fort
Last edited by Grounder 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565

Post by Kshaard »

Sorry to ask this again, but I'm (perpetually) wondering where the music in the last level was from. Sounds like some 80s/90s ninja game, maybe Gaiden, though that's probably just the theme of the level speaking. I just feel I need to brush up on my VGM recognition skills following my atrocious performance in the last contest.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."