(shouting)

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 77g FINAL - We Will Rock You [B-Side]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Lockirby2

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71l - The Gameboy Palace [No Commentary]

Post by Lockirby2 »

Hmm, I always thought that "Qubic" was a pun on "cubic" and "qubit". QubicTom is a lot less generic than Mission:Impossible anyways. I can't imagine calling you that, although I suppose it would fit with the content of your channel (while MissionEasy certainly wouldn't). :P
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71l - The Gameboy Palace [No Commentary]

Post by QubicTom »

Lockirby2 wrote: 6 years ago Hmm, I always thought that "Qubic" was a pun on "cubic" and "qubit". QubicTom is a lot less generic than Mission:Impossible anyways. I can't imagine calling you that, although I suppose it would fit with the content of your channel (while MissionEasy certainly wouldn't). :P
To this day I still want to return to 2007 Runescape as MissionEasy and 100% it!
Ometeotl wrote: 6 years ago For the record, Woodchuck Woods never had a blind jump until insertion.
Hey Ometeotl! It's a shame how many things got changed or broken on insertion back in the day. Tobi555 may have had to change some things in certain levels to get them to work, but I don't know if Woodchuck Woods had changes made to it. Also, I'm sorry for being mean to the level, please don't take anything I say personally :D I, uh, got pretty mad playing some levels, so venting did happen...

This level is really fun and forgiving, which is the opposite of what I expected for the final world! Half of A2MT felt more difficult than this.
Ep72b - Chuck Magnet

I'm not sure when the next episode will be, but I'm aiming for one before Saturday. My work involves a lot of travel, so I'll be spending most of the next ten days in hotels. If I get my own room I'll definitely record stuff. Trials of the Parrot may be uploaded from Japan if things go well :lol:
Ometeotl

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep72b - Chuck Magnet [So close, yet so...]

Post by Ometeotl »

No don't worry, the level's garbage, it's just not quite THAT bad as to have a blind angel block jump.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep72b - Chuck Magnet [So close, yet so...]

Post by QubicTom »

Ometeotl wrote: 6 years ago No don't worry, the level's garbage, it's just not quite THAT bad as to have a blind angel block jump.
Yeah, it was pretty clear that it happened on insertion! :D

Normal exit, parrot coins and treasure chest! Next time. we visit the farm before going to the final castle!
Ep73c - Demistified Forest

I might not be able to reply to comments until Thursday - I'm flying out to Japan today for work, and I don't know yet if I'll have time in the evenings to access the internet. There should still be daily A2XT videos.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep73c - Demistified Forest [So close, yet so...]

Post by Sugar »

Looking forward to BEST level in A2MT. It's long, it has multiple room choices, it is fair. You can do it. Don't give up. There is a reason why I specifically cared about inserting music composed for this level - I couldn't care less about A2MT, but this level is actually a good one, and deserves it.

... it's also a heavy ASMT reference, so you will miss some references, looking forward to your ASMT playthrough.

And something interesting I found, from this point on every real level (Nezumi's Farm doesn't count) will have more than one checkpoint, and there are three levels left (unless A2MT has Extraordinary Flip Notes, then four, but that level also has more than one checkpoint). Figured that would be interesting for you.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep73c - Demistified Forest [So close, yet so...]

Post by Tobi555 »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago And something interesting I found, from this point on every real level (Nezumi's Farm doesn't count) will have more than one checkpoint, and there are three levels left (unless A2MT has Extraordinary Flip Notes, then four, but that level also has more than one checkpoint). Figured that would be interesting for you.
It does not have flip notes didn't make the cut for several reasons.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 6 years ago It does not have flip notes didn't make the cut for several reasons.
What level is that? Is it something I should find and play separately?
GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago Looking forward to BEST level in A2MT. It's long, it has multiple room choices, it is fair. You can do it. Don't give up. There is a reason why I specifically cared about inserting music composed for this level - I couldn't care less about A2MT, but this level is actually a good one, and deserves it.

... it's also a heavy ASMT reference, so you will miss some references, looking forward to your ASMT playthrough.
I agree with you, it is one of the best levels in A2MT! ASMT will probably start this weekend :)

Here we go! (after some life farming first, of course)
Ep73 - Trials of the Parrot
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 6 years ago What level is that? Is it something I should find and play separately?
Don't bother it's missing some ASM for custom save spots, chest is glitchy and contains nothing. Personally I wouldn't bother. Can't wait to watch today's episode! :D

EDIT: Gotta vote for 'further over there' after Trials of the Parrot cleanup. It just feels right to make B-Side last with it's "final boss"
Last edited by Tobi555 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep73 - Trials of the Parrot

Post by Sugar »

Voting for B-Side (the level unlocked by a password). It's good, but insanely hard Kaizo level. I'm somewhat worried if you can do it (it's harder than 1F8), but I trust you will be able to beat it.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Oh yeah, I forgot that there's voting options again. Voting for further over there, for the same reasons as Tobi.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I should have scrapped the red thwomp room and stuck with my tenth room idea involving the fishing ghost. Also, I feel like the pacman section should have been a little longer / harder compared with the other rooms. It doesn't feel like it belongs in the 3rd set of rooms. I originally had them in a different order and switched them because I felt those three were the harder rooms, sorry Wyatt if you see this, I know you liked my original order better.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago I should have scrapped the red thwomp room and stuck with my tenth room idea involving the fishing ghost. Also, I feel like the pacman section should have been a little longer / harder compared with the other rooms. It doesn't feel like it belongs in the 3rd set of rooms. I originally had them in a different order and switched them because I felt those three were the harder rooms, sorry Wyatt if you see this, I know you liked my original order better.
I decided today to not yet complete all the rooms. I think I'll do that at a later point, but since I wasn't able to release anything for a few weeks, I thought the new episode should have a level people hadn't seen yet. Sorry about this, but Trials of the Parrot will be super-cleared soon! Trials of the Parrot was easily one of the best levels in the game.

I agree with everyone above - let's just go straight to further over there!
Ep74a - further over there by raocow
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep74a - further over there by raocow

Post by Kshaard »

Seeing as apparently you use Windows Movie Maker to edit, can WMM render in 4:3 aspect ratio? (I'm obviously saying this for entirely selfish purposes. As someone who uses a relatively old monitor, these SMW videos only take up about half the screen.) Doesn't really bother me or anything; it's just a bit odd having all this blackness around the edge of the video when watching in full screen.

This further over there thing looks… surprisingly learnable thus far. Not that I would ever want to subject myself to it or anything. I suppose it can only get harder from here, though.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep74a - further over there by raocow

Post by QubicTom »

Kshaard wrote: 6 years ago Seeing as apparently you use Windows Movie Maker to edit, can WMM render in 4:3 aspect ratio? (I'm obviously saying this for entirely selfish purposes. As someone who uses a relatively old monitor, these SMW videos only take up about half the screen.) Doesn't really bother me or anything; it's just a bit odd having all this blackness around the edge of the video when watching in full screen.

This further over there thing looks… surprisingly learnable thus far. Not that I would ever want to subject myself to it or anything. I suppose it can only get harder from here, though.
Uh, I just checked and I actually can render it in 4:3! I didn't know that (it's not a default setting). I'll try that for the next video I upload and see how it turns out :)

So far so good. I'm actually liking this level... although that's probably only because of the artificial checkpoint!
Ep74b - slightly more further over there

At about 6pm EST tonight, less than two hours from the time of this post, there'll be a JUMP No Star World race on https://www.twitch.tv/powerupwithpride to raise money for a good cause! Go support it! nathanisbored will do commentary. And the Manky Bridge incentive was met, so it's going to be fantastic :D See https://horaro.org/puwp2017/schedule to see other events, and the times will be correct for your timezone.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Episode Coming Sunday

Post by QubicTom »

I've recorded more "further over there" to be released tomorrow!

Warning: I complain a lot and say mean things :lol:

The plan:
-Delay ASMT until this is done
-I'm going to show all the rooms of "Trials of the Parrot" before "further over there" is finished
-Probably won't do "Extraordinary Flip Notes", but we'll see
-Do B-Side as the final episodes

YUMP will continue to be the main series (also continuing on Sunday, hopefully back to daily releases this week)

How's that sound? :)
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 74c - a little extra slightly more further over there

Post by ParmaJon »

QubicTom wrote: 6 years ago I'm a little mean in this episode, but I don't mean it :)
Ep74c - a little extra slightly more further over there
:( hope you finish soon. Too bad that you aren't having fun with this anymore
Go to bed

nathanisbored

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 74c - a little extra slightly more further over there

Post by nathanisbored »

i was told to come to the thread to yell at everyone for making tom finish A2MT against his will.

tom, finish A2MT
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

ParmaJon wrote: 6 years ago :( hope you finish soon. Too bad that you aren't having fun with this anymore
Well, I think the last rooms of Trials of the Parrot will be good, and B-side should be very interesting!
nathanisbored wrote: 6 years ago i was told to come to the thread to yell at everyone for making tom finish A2MT against his will.

tom, finish A2MT
I will, but man, it's just so difficult for me!

Over three hours, nearly 300 deaths. For one room. And I still have to go back and get the last parrot coin and the chest.
Ep74d - up above and to the left of a little extra slightly more further over there

I've recorded getting the chest and the parrot coin, but it's actually going to be the worst episode of anything on my channel. Just warning everybody. I eventually try to savestate through the level, but even that doesn't work out. It ain't pretty. Will release later today.

I should've listened to raocow and skipped this level! But I had to get every exit, and I wanted to beat every room legit. I don't know how long it'll be before someone else gives A2MT an honest try like I did. I think I'm still the only one (for the fixed version).

Update: Finishing off further over there entirely :)
Ep74e - Last Parrot Coin and Chest of further over there (and A2MT)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition!- 75a - Return to Trials of the Parrot

Post by QubicTom »

I have all the rooms recorded, but I'll release a pair a day :D
Ep75a - Return to Trials of the Parrot
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition!- 75b - What's Black and White and Red all over?

Post by raocow »

good.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition!- 75b - What's Black and White and Red all over?

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Good job. This level is not that bad, so I was surprised youd decide to do raocows level instead. I still like raocows level, reminds me of his What The Hell work which I liked, even if he didn't. This level I tried not to make that hard compared to most of my other work which I try to make brutal and grueling.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

As for my obsession with thwomps: They are fun to use, however in first grade all I would do is draw thwomps on paper, not even sure why they passed me, but hey, they did. :)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago Good job. This level is not that bad, so I was surprised youd decide to do raocows level instead.
At the time it was super highly anticipated, I had to jump straight into 'further over there'! But I'm glad I came back and completed all the rooms of your level.

Speaking of, here are the final rooms of Trials of the Parrot.
Ep75c - Trials of the Disco

Next up is Extraordinary Flip Notes (by the way, does anybody know who that level author is? It isn't in the credits list).
Then, B-Side :D

The next episode will probably be this weekend, although if I can record it earlier than that I will! (but it's unlikely, I'm sad to say)