(shouting)

SMWCX - Credits

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Re: SMWCX - Aquatic Base

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

Voltgloss wrote:Has Blue Bomb Factory appeared in another game? I feel like I've played it before but can't place where or when.
It's in Tower of Biased 3. Had I known at the time, I would have put a Toad there mentioning it.

By the way, for those who haven't figured it out yet, the reason Water Temple is in its own room is because Blue Leaf wanted all the worlds to end with a boss fight (Colorful Moontains for W1, Nighttime Woods for W2, etc.), and Water Temple is supposed to be the boss level for W3. Of course, there are more boss levels than there are worlds, so it may not be immediately obvious to everyone.

Also,
raocow wrote:You check pings, right?
you should really download the 1.01 patch if you haven't already. You're almost at the boss fight that was so bad, someone actually brought it up in the main thread (for reference, nobody complained about King Cranky).
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: SMWCX - Aquatic Base

Post by raocow »

hah, I'm so used to having peeps pm me updates and stuff that I didn't really think about it :P
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
heycallmeZe

Re: SMWCX - Tall, Tall Mountain

Post by heycallmeZe »

TaviTurnip wrote: ... Now I'm tempted to try and make the best Mouser fight ever.
I was about say "Now's your chance..." buuuut then I read the link above

Also, why must North American Link be so hardcore, that cover art was cute :(

Also also, Into the Thick of Iiiiiiiit, yaaaaay
One day, an image will return
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Mandew wrote:In today's episode: raocow brings up a Zelda game that accidentally just so happen to actually exist

Pretty sure he knew exactly what he was talking about, considering he mentioned Alfonzo.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Imaynotbehere4long

Re: SMWCX - Hyuponia

Fun fact: all of the songs Sockbat Replica used are his own compositions.
My SMBX portfolio:

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Sturg wrote:The SMB2 sparx guys can reveal invisible blocks as well. I've had issues placing those guys around invisible blocks just for that very reason.

Glad to see that quirk be creatively used today though.
The jellyfish enemies can also trigger it.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

That first level had way too many ideas with no purpose xD It was definitely a cutesy level and the charm was nice, but... I didn't get a sense of relevancy from literally any of the features explained in the first textbox. This was a case of "pick two and turn them into main elements; save the rest for another level" because yeah. Also: secretly SMBx community level D:

The second level was something I really love the idea of, but a couple parts of it seemed really awkward. Also it probably made less sense for people who never played Pikmin and that kinda takes away from it a little, but I don't think that's the level team's fault, especially when they did try to spell things out for the player. Just sort of an unfortunate way for it to turn out. I really liked the idea overall.

*whispers something about flashing four-frame animated background object instructions*
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: SMWCX - Samoyede

Post by Mata Hari »

Show not tell?! What kind of bullhonky is that?
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

First leve had problem with it's over-exposition. It wasn't useful, and gives the impression that the explained elements are going to be important instead of mostly superfluous, such as the clone mushroom and the gravity blocks. They didn't need explanation.

The second level isn't any clearer when you've played Pikmin, and the first sections with infinite bulborbs kinda feels like the game broke until you hit the bridge by accident.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

TaviTurnip wrote:That first level had way too many ideas with no purpose xD
This is definitely how I feel about it. Most of the "new mechanics" in it felt like, y'know, new game mechanics instead of mechanics unique to a level, with how just sort of there they are.

Which obviously won't fit at all with a community project, unless it was like a submission rule or something to try and include those mechanics.

I dunno, that level just felt like a giant non-sequitur. The fact that these weirdo mechanics were flat-out pointed out by the level itself makes it like twenty times worse.

Also, I find it funny that the Pikmin level secretly included the JUMP logo and yet is even more jank than most of the levels in that.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

For a dissertation of the gimmick in this level, please turn to page 392 on the included omnibus.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ometeotl wrote:For a dissertation of the gimmick in this level, please turn to page 392 on the included omnibus.
is this wario land 4
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Grounder wrote:
Ometeotl wrote:For a dissertation of the gimmick in this level, please turn to page 392 on the included omnibus.
is this wario land 4
Oh man a sick satire on that one guy I forgot the name of!?
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Sebby19 isn't that hard a name to remember.
Leet

Post by Leet »

The cave part of the Pikmin level broke, raocow. You're supposed to kill the three flying guys to make another bomb pipe appear, but if you die then it's hard to get all three of them to spawn when you come back.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I didn't mind the idea of potentially being "stranded" with the donut blocks (considering that's not a guaranteed loss scenario at all) but that makes a lot more sense.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Ometeotl wrote:Sebby19 isn't that hard a name to remember.
Speak for yourself, guy!
Leet

Post by Leet »

TaviTurnip wrote:I didn't mind the idea of potentially being "stranded" with the donut blocks (considering that's not a guaranteed loss scenario at all) but that makes a lot more sense.
It actually is if you kill all the dudes, you can't really bring the bombs over from the other pipe in time unless the ground around that pipe has been kept perfectly intact
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

SnoruntPyro - Today at 5:22 PM
hi
zlaker i played cloudtop castlewalls in smwcx
it's a meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme
Chocolaedit8 ♫♪ - Today at 5:23 PM
yeh
Enjl - Today at 5:23 PM
yes
cloudtop castlewars
cloudtop linik
ẓłªKÈᖇʛĪЯŁ357 - Today at 5:23 PM
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
THAT LEVEL
SnoruntPyro - Today at 5:27 PM
its a FUCKIING MEME
ẓłªKÈᖇʛĪЯŁ357 - Today at 5:29 PM
;_;
clodutop castlewalls was an accident
Imaynotbehere4long

Stink Terios wrote:The second level isn't any clearer when you've played Pikmin, and the first sections with infinite bulborbs kinda feels like the game broke until you hit the bridge by accident.
I put a bridge right at the beginning of the level in an attempt to convey the gimmick better.

By the way, what is the title a reference to? Google keeps saying that it's a type of dog.
My SMBX portfolio:

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:
Stink Terios wrote:The second level isn't any clearer when you've played Pikmin, and the first sections with infinite bulborbs kinda feels like the game broke until you hit the bridge by accident.
I put a bridge right at the beginning of the level in an attempt to convey the gimmick better.

By the way, what is the title a reference to? Google keeps saying that it's a type of dog.
Solatorobo: Red the Hunter

It's a floating forest type place.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Pyro wrote:SnoruntPyro - Today at 5:22 PM
hi
yeh
yes
cloudtop castlewars
cloudtop linik
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
THAT LEVEL
its a FUCKIING MEME
;_;
Someone translate this please.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ometeotl wrote:
Pyro wrote:SnoruntPyro - Today at 5:22 PM
hi
yeh
yes
cloudtop castlewars
cloudtop linik
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
THAT LEVEL
its a FUCKIING MEME
;_;
Someone translate this please.
"hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m"
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I chuckled at this.
Mata Hari wrote:Oh man a sick satire on that one guy I forgot the name of!?
Not at this.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

So that's why raocow played Wario Land 4. Now it all makes sense.