(shouting)

Abducted Toad - final - after a boss rush and a boss rush, let's have a boss rush

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Re: Abducted Toad - we are now time criminals

Post by Pikabread »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Gonna have to call into question the difficulty balance on that boss there. Like admittedly I've not actually played it myself but the first phase looks hilariously non-threatening, all the attacks are telegraphed cross-country and dodged by either 'walk to the side' or 'flipjump.' Meanwhile the second half has asynchronous homing fireballs that actually require effort, thought and planning to dodge while the robutt's existing attacks continue, and it's like, again I'd like to emphasise that I've not played it firsthand so I dunno if it's as hard as rao made it look but it seems like kind of a significant difficulty spike? Which becomes a bit of a problem when the first phase takes like a minimum of a minute.
Ultimately I feel like the boss would be more engaging and fun if either the first phase were harder or the fight as a whole were shorter; in either case the less interesting first phase is improved, be it through making there be less of it or making it more interesting.
I have first hand experience with this boss and I share your feelings on everything you said and then some
The0x539
some SMBX2 dev dude

Post by The0x539 »

And so ends the short era of both raocow games involving slime-based aliens, probably.
Friendly Dictator
rad
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Friendly Dictator »

I'm glad you liked the game!
The other purplians are from the sequel, which uh kind of forces me to finish it, doesnt it. But they're also supposed to show that there is a future for the mushroom world and planet purplius.

thanks for play
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

For that boss, it drops a Hurlbot at the same time it fires lightning, so that's an indicator.
Overall, yeah, this game is okay, but maybe it went a bit overboard with the number of boss rushes.
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

Friendly Dictator wrote:thanks for play
thanks for make

I quite enjoyed watching raocow play this and kinda regret not giving it a try myself, especially when I saw it last NCFC :(
Thunder Dragon
First name: Luke
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Abducted Toad - final - after a boss rush and a boss rush, let's have a boss rush

Post by Thunder Dragon »

^ Give it a try anyway, 'cause it's totally worth playing.
This LP didn't cover Daredevil Mode, which in itself is worth a quick look if only to see all the silly sprite swaps, haha.

Admittedly, I never bothered with True Arena myself -- it wasn't even in the build that I originally played. And I wasn't in any rush to play it, since... yeeeeeeeeah, enough is enough with the boss rushes, FD. ;P
Although, I may have to check it out one day just for that angry sun thing. Hah.
Image (wait what)
Divemissile

Re: Abducted Toad - final - after a boss rush and a boss rush, let's have a boss rush

Post by Divemissile »

it's kinda weird to have the final bonus level be an easier boss rush with some extra bosses, but the game looks really good nonetheless. i think i might try it sooner or later
GalaxyOfJ
The Mysterious Stranger Except Incompetent

Post by GalaxyOfJ »

But are we sure that I didn't make the VR Pyramid unconsciously
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

This was a pretty good game. Though yes, that was one too many boss rushes. (I want to know where Sun cancer comes from. Is it just the gamer thing where they hate the light?)

In closing, Angry Sun is best sun. See you all next time, where I will still be lurking...
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Friendly Dictator
rad
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Friendly Dictator »

"sun cancer" is a thing the guy who that boss is, hablo, said
he was a troll on mfgg a few years ago
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Zephyr_DragonLord wrote:(I want to know where Sun cancer comes from. Is it just the gamer thing where they hate the light?)
Technically sun cancer could be a horribly misworded name for skin cancer (ie: from someone with a poor grasp of English) since that generally comes from too much uv light.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

A bit late, but I love that you used that Pokemon XD track.