(shouting)

DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - not so Grate

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Kood's evil twin replaces Nancy in A4XT

Post by jayScribble »

It ain't Drama Mistery[sic] without

Jowey the poison cow

Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Money

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Kood's evil twin replaces Nancy in A4XT

Post by Money »

i dont think you understand how glad i am that

our favorite venomous bovine has returned

Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

The return of the revenge of this. This. Whatever this is. But this certainly is something.

The return of the revenge of everyone's favorite poisonous bovine certainly helps.

Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

I've been looking forward to this to an almost unhealthy degree.

Almost.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Mata Hari wrote:Kooper is the weakest character in Paper Mario IMO.
You're not wrong, though Kooper does have his uses. There's a fairly large pool of enemies weak to Dizzy, for example, and Fire Shell is good in Chapter 7. Bombette kinda does his job better, though.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

poor kooper has been in dimensional transport for years and years :cry:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

I've been waiting for raocow to cover this for a while. The silly dialogue and the silly bosses do not disappoint. The dimensional portal land is kind of nice for a land of death.
The difficulty seems to already be picking up, so be careful, raocow...
Is the Emperor going to have a doofy final form or something?
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Wait, I've been assuming Kood was a Drama Mistery OC, have I been wrong all this time?
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

I watched todays video without sound
It was surreal
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

this is only the first video but this game is already everything i wanted from a drama mistery sequel and more
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Telamon wrote:Wait, I've been assuming Kood was a Drama Mistery OC, have I been wrong all this time?
Kood=/=Kooper.

Kooper is from the N64 Paper Mario, Kood is from Drama Mistery.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't know what's with this game series and creating new, charismatic characters.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Despite what the original Drama Mistery's mangled self-translation would lead you to believe, author guy is probably a good writer sort of person.

I mean, I really do agree with the method he used to introduce Kood in the first game!

And Jowey too, for that matter.

video games
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Kooper is American box art Kood.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Grounder wrote:
Telamon wrote:Wait, I've been assuming Kood was a Drama Mistery OC, have I been wrong all this time?
Kood=/=Kooper.

Kooper is from the N64 Paper Mario, Kood is from Drama Mistery.
Well, in that case it's disappointing our new protag isn't another OC, like Son of Kood or something.

But whatever, we still have Immortan Jowey.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Swing your arms from side to side. Come on, it's time to go! Do the moo-cow!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

At the beginning section after the cutscene when you're falling and there's those spiky portal things all over - I remember that image from the box I was given for MAGL2 a few years ago.

I don't remember the actual source though.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Count Mohawk wrote:
Mata Hari wrote:Kooper is the weakest character in Paper Mario IMO.
You're not wrong, though Kooper does have his uses. There's a fairly large pool of enemies weak to Dizzy, for example, and Fire Shell is good in Chapter 7. Bombette kinda does his job better, though.
No I mean as a character, not as a fighter. Dude basically... doesn't have a personality really,
Friendly Dictator
rad
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Friendly Dictator »

i'm glad we got to see our friend jowey again. see how he's doing. check up on him
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Soooo...who did the translation? (It's good, I'm just curious)

Also...

when do we tell raocow that's not how you pronounce Brazilian Portuguese?

One day, an image will return
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

100% of this video was Drama Mistery, like, seriously.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
CM30

Post by CM30 »

Wait, Drama Mistery 2 as in... that game?

Yeah, this is gonna be fun to watch. Maybe less fun for raocow when the endgame comes round. Lots of tough bosses coming alone in due time!

Really though, I did find it a more interesting game than the last Drama Mistery title. So raocow should enjoy this one.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

I can't tell you guys how happy I am that we're finally seeing this. The first DM was just so surreal. It's possibly my favorite romhack of all time, just for all the weird charm it has.

And yeah, I agree that Kooper is the blandest partner in the original Paper Mario. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not like the chars were suuuuper deep to begin with (that's more of TTYD's department), but at least with the other partners, you got a fairly good sense of who they were. Kooper? Uh...he wants to be an archaeologist. That's about it. Let's hope this game fleshes him out a bit more (wow, what a really weird thing to type).
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow