(shouting)

DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - not so Grate

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Kood's evil twin replaces Nancy in A4XT

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

I have come to the conclusion that time runs backwards in raocow's world. This would explain why he keeps insisting that dawn follows the day but precedes the night.

In other news, wow, I apparently remember almost nothing from Drama Mystery 1, aside from Luigi and Kood climbing a mountain, and there being a weird cow boss. Anyone care to provide a brief recap?
Mikkofier wrote:Kooper is American box art Kood.
Wait, you can buy boxes of Kood in the US?
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Kood's evil twin replaces Nancy in A4XT

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:In other news, wow, I apparently remember almost nothing from Drama Mystery 1, aside from Luigi and Kood climbing a mountain, and there being a weird cow boss. Anyone care to provide a brief recap?
Nah, that pretty much sums it up.

Okay, okay, somewhere along the way, they meet Merlin (I don't remember the significance of this). When they reach their destination, they encounter Sting Chameleon (really!) and he out of nowhere pulls these macguffins called the "Drama Stones" and opens a portal to what I guess is the setting of DM 2. It ends with them being sucked in, and a big "to be continued" type message. Also, the optional special world had them fighting that sorrow/misery/whatever his name was (ghost guy that was one of like 3 bosses in world 2) in his own dimension or something.
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

shaman

Post by shaman »

lol. I actually live in Belo Horizonte, which the second level is inspired on.
is this videogames?
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

For those who have forgotten in the, like, four years since the first game, the boss of the weird optional deathzone for some reason had System of a Down's "Chic 'N' Stu" as its music.
Further cementing how perfect an introduction this first video has been, the third level today's music? "Lie Lie Lie" from their singer's first solo record. Never change, Drama Mistery.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

Good to see this game finally. The first DM was my second raocow series that I watched back when I first found his channel.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

I may have hardcore drifted away from the forum side of talkhaus. But I absolutely must be around for this.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Ahh Drama Mistery, a series with almost parody levels of quality variation. Almost magical in its borderline parody levels. Can't wait till we have to start dealing with weird isometric perspective blocks.

I still think that the Drama Stones are the best name for Mcguffins ever.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

i know absoultely nothign from drama mystery so this will be interesting

Kooper was only good for his multi target attack at the start of the game in paper mario. I typically dropped him the moment bombette came up.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I'm a bit disappointed you don't play as Kood (maybe later?), but the appearance of Jowey goes a long way toward making up for it.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Kinda wished this worked in non-ZSNES emulators. Oh well.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

"But raocow:

Russ's sprite is too short for Peach's sprite to replace Kood for him, causing hitbox dissonance for the player to understand (not like SMBX has hitbox issues already).

"

Anyways, this game really has some unique things going for it so far.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Dark_Paratroopa

Post by Dark_Paratroopa »

I mean it's actually pretty hard to get your Charisma as a modifier to attack rolls. You either have to be a paladin, (Which is unlikely since Russ is probably a bard/rogue dual class), or use epic feats.

Russ probably just went the easy route and dropped a few thousand coins on "Slippers of Battledancing", which let you use your charisma modifier for attack AND damage if you move at least ten feet in the same round, and any class can equip them! I mean why else would he have taken the obscure but hard to qualify-for "just move through walls. Whatever, it's fine." feat.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Russ x Joewy OTP

Post by TaviTurnip »

why did the author have to do that poniES RUIN EVERYTHING?????//.,/?/.1234

Also yes raocow that is totally Mega Man X music good job.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

How would an egg fly, anyway?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Russ x Joewy OTP

Post by Mandew »

TaviTurnip wrote:why did the author have to do that poniES RUIN EVERYTHING?????//.,/?/.1234

Also yes raocow that is totally Mega Man X music good job.
Obstencibly inspired from this!
video games
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - brutal burns on cinéma vérité

Post by Mata Hari »

Blotchy the Sphinxburger replaces Kood's evil twin in A5XT
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: DRAMA MISTERY 2: ALEGRIA PARADOXAL - Russ x Jowey OTP

Post by TaviTurnip »

I thought that until I heard this on a stream and realized it might be a mixture of both. TSRPR has a lot of odd mixed/remixed music that takes from one place and then adds its own spins (like with the Scrap Brain Zone mix is a big stand-out) and this one feels like it takes from both :P
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

jayScribble wrote:"But raocow:

Russ's sprite is too short for Peach's sprite to replace Kood for him, causing hitbox dissonance for the player to understand (not like SMBX has hitbox issues already).

"
Did raocow actually say something about this, or did you just make it up?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

it's in the tags
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

I'm pretty sure disguising yourself as a stegosaurus and then attacking an important bird is highly illegal, and is liable to be punished with decades in prison. One day the law will catch up with the Emperor...

The levels today were kind of there. Nothing was really spectacular. Except Russ and the Observation tower. Those were pretty interesting. I thought Russ would be the one to talk after being defeated, but no.... that's disappointing, to say the least.

EDIT: The Palace of Frozen Tears is kind of memorable, too. It lacks that Christmas music, though. And in a place where it would actually be fitting.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: Further cementing how perfect an introduction this first video has been, the third level today's music? "Lie Lie Lie" from their singer's first solo record. Never change, Drama Mistery.
Either you're wrong or Serj Tankian's secretly super repetitive, because I thought it was "Toxicity."
One day, an image will return
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I'm not really sure what happened today. We seem to be escaping the Mega Man X music though... probably it will be back though. Also I didn't mention it, I'm weirded out that both games being played right now use Mega Man X music down to the same tracks. Bizarre and mysterious, two words that accurately describe Drama Mistery!
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

heycallmeZe wrote:Either you're wrong or Serj Tankian's secretly super repetitive, because I thought it was "Toxicity."
Pretty sure it's a problem with your ears. That definitely sounded like Lie Lie Lie but not Toxicity.
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Haha, this game has the best characters! And wow, yeah, that ice palace might've been actually justified in having the Xmas carol that was used so often as castle music in the first hack. However, seeing as the song hasn't popped back up yet (or was it actually used in this game and I forgot already?), maybe Grate moved on from using it?
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Alice wrote:
heycallmeZe wrote:Either you're wrong or Serj Tankian's secretly super repetitive, because I thought it was "Toxicity."
Pretty sure it's a problem with your ears. That definitely sounded like Lie Lie Lie but not Toxicity.
It's got a very similar chord progression and rhythm. That I thought it was a SOAD song to begin with and wasn't entirely far off should be a telling sign right there.
One day, an image will return