(shouting)

Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 15 [Final] - Skellerman Runs Super Fast, Rescues Hands, Saves London

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 9 - Skellerman Flees To Sewer, Is Worshipped As God By Local Cult

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote:I wonder if you can throw bombs in the tentacle snake things' mouths...
I promise to try that in the weapons showcase! But since it's PS1 technology, I really doubt it! D:

The Penultimate Level - The Time Machine (which is a callback to MediEvil's Penultimate level "The Time Device")
Ep10 - Chrono Chair

The game reaches peak weirdness here I think. And that's saying something. Let's make paradoxes!
Grounder

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 10 - Skellerman Visits Science Exhibition, Steals Time Machine

Post by Grounder »

So, why do the tribesmen suddenly love/hate Dan depending on which one comes first from their perspective, exactly?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 10 - Skellerman Visits Science Exhibition, Steals Time Machine

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote:So, why do the tribesmen suddenly love/hate Dan depending on which one comes first from their perspective, exactly?
I like to think that it's the morning after Dan saved them and they're all hungover and grumpy. But truthfully, there was no need for the timestone - its importance isn't even explained. The time machine should have just went straight back to The Ripper.

When trying to look up why the timestone exists (maybe a cut storyline or something), I learned that there is a MediEvil speedrunning community, and there is an easy glitch in MediEvil 2 to make Dan run super fast. Will give it a go in a future video :)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 11 - Skellerman Confronts Jack The Ripper

Post by QubicTom »

Things go wrong, then go right, then go very wrong.
Ep11 - Ripper Regrets

The solution to the problem? Redo the whole game again! He's the entire game rushed through mostly at 4x speed. Somehow I do much better this time :lol:
Ep11.5 - Speedy Dan
Grounder

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 11 - Skellerman Confronts Jack The Ripper, Regrets Everything

Post by Grounder »

rip

i'll be here all week
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 12a - Skellerman Rescues Angels from Cathedral, Slays Shadow Demons

Post by QubicTom »

At long last, we enter the last level! Cathedral Spires, first part. Featuring the return of Shadow Demons! Sir Dan suffers a lot today!
Ep12a - Shadow Spires

Really struggling with this level, but I'm fairly sure it'll be possible. Kinda! Won't be working super late nights this week, so expect MediEvil 2 to come to its end soon. I've also recorded some JUMP videos already, they just need editing and uploading now :D
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - Might be a delay for another week :(

Post by QubicTom »

Very short MediEvil 2 video:
Sadness [brief delay with things]

So, until this week, I lived alone, which made recording super easy. But on Saturday, a housemate moved in, because I couldn't pay rent on my own. Since I work two jobs, one in a different city, I'm only able to record 4 nights a week late at night. But now, "late at night" is a problem, because of the housemate. So I need to work out how to fit in the one and two hour recording sessions needed for this and JUMP.

It could be the case that once the doors are closed he can't hear me, and everything continues as normal. If that isn't the case, he leaves for work early in the mornings, I could leave an hour later and record then (I don't mind working late). I'm sorry for all the delays! I look forward to recording, it's a fun hobby, so this is a priority to get fixed as soon as possible.

The video above is the few minutes I got to record while alone in the house (he arrived home when I was at the "Game Over" screen, haha!)
Grounder

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - Might be a delay for another week :(

Post by Grounder »

On the bright side, I've been enjoying your CTR playthrough!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote:On the bright side, I've been enjoying your CTR playthrough!
Yay! You are a quarter of my CTR viewers :P (They were meant to be pre-prepared emergency only videos.... but the emergency was straight away, haha!)

Now back to our irregularly scheduled skeleton:
Ep12b - Pragmatic Dan
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 12c - Skellerman Destroys Major London Landmark

Post by QubicTom »

Cathedral Spires: The Descent!
12c - Cathedral Collapse

Next time, we face the all powerful Palethorn and his cronies. With just the short sword and a pistol. Yep :lol:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 13 - Skellerman Defeats Dog, Lizard, Satan

Post by QubicTom »

The final boss(es):
Ep13 - Cowardly Dan

All there is left now is to show off all the weapons that went completely unused in this playthrough :D
I'll load up the very first save, where we learnt that the broadsword replacing the shortsword, and continue from there, collecting all the chalices while using the weapons. Looking forward to destroying the living dead with ease :lol:
Grounder

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 13 - Skellerman Defeats Dog, Lizard, Satan

Post by Grounder »

Congratulations on getting the less stupid and somewhat more fulfilling ending!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote:Congratulations on getting the less stupid and somewhat more fulfilling ending!
Thank you very much for sticking the series out until the end! I'm sad to say, the second ending has to be shown for completeness sake.

But not yet. First, we need every Chalice to get every weapon. Here's the quick-cut collectathon!
Ep14 - Weaponized Dan

There will be one more episode after this, which shows the last (and most unique) bonus Dan Hand area, how to properly speedrun the game and what the final levels become when you have a freaking gatling gun :lol:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 15 [Final] - Skellerman Runs Super Fast, Rescues Hands, Saves Londo

Post by QubicTom »

Sir Dan can now finally rest. The last video of the series:
Ep15 - Heroic Dan [Final]

For the next few weeks, the PlayStation side game will be Crash Team Racing, just to serve as a break for myself. There won't be a talkhaus thread for it (first ten episodes are already on the channel for those interested). I wanted to get MediEvil 2 finished quickly so JUMP could return as the focus. There is so little time available for recording each week that having two hard games at once wasn't working. Without this game soaking up hours and hours, I hope that JUMP will return to at least weekly videos. I already have two sessions recorded that need to be edited :)

Dungeons and Dragons will also be a regular thing each weekend, so do check that out too (feedback has been very positive, surprisingly!).

Thanks for watching, everyone :D
Grounder

Re: Let's Play Medievil 2! [Starting Weapons Only] - 15 [Final] - Skellerman Runs Super Fast, Rescues Hands, Saves Londo

Post by Grounder »

and so it ends

rest well, sir dan
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage