(shouting)

Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 14 - FINAL - COMBAT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 14 - FINAL - COMBAT

Post by QubicTom »

Continuing the fine tradition of a PlayStation One B-side, this time around I'm showing Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes (!). It's not as lewd as the title suggests, but it's definitely cheesy! With an 80s action movie vibe combined with a 90s protagonist, Duke Nukem: LOTB has its moments, for better or for worse. A 3rd-person action shooter set in a dystopian future with Tomb Raider-style platforming, what can go wrong? Well, everything. You'll see!

Episode list:
Ep0 - Intro [Opening cutscenes, no gameplay!]
Ep1 - "Peek a boo! I kill you!"
Ep2 - "Monkey See! Monkey Die! Monkey Drop!"
Ep3 - Big Guns
Ep4 - "There's something fishy goin' on here"
Ep5 - "I'll be baaack"
Ep6 - "One too many donuts"
Ep7 - "Rest in Pieces"
Ep8 - Silverback's Stronghold
Ep9 - "I've got to get me one-a these!"
Ep10 - Hunter Killer Factory
Ep11 - Hunter Killer Brain aka Mother Brain
Ep12 - Space Bay of Sin Station
Ep13 - The Promenade - Penultimate Episode!
Ep14 - FINAL COMBAT - The Finale!

And all this in HD! Which is pointless due to PS1 graphics, hooray!
Last edited by QubicTom 8 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 2 - "It's time to blow this party"

Post by QubicTom »

First time I've recorded an episode while in my relative's house on a Thursday night. The commentary is a little quiet, I was so self conscious that someone would hear me! :lol: This is the last easy level before the real game starts!
Ep2 - "Monkey See! Monkey Die! Monkey Drop!"
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 3 - Baboon with a Grenade Launcher

Post by QubicTom »

Today we finally meet Silverback, the leader of the force attacking the base, who we shoot at with the biggest guns we can find! New enemies and more cheesy puns, and we even save some people, but that's irrelevant! :D
Ep3 - Big Guns

Next up: The first underwater level. It's going to get harder to find those secrets!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 4 - Sharks and Alien Brain Things

Post by QubicTom »

Those brain balls have a lot of cojones. Also, an underwater level with sharks. Because of course there are sharks!
Ep4 - "There's something fishy goin' on here"
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 5 - In which a roof collapses on Duke. Oh no!

Post by QubicTom »

The oxygen tank is damaged, we have 90 seconds to lower the water level. And of course there are sharks and brains in the way!
Ep5 - "I'll be baaack"
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 6 - Duke visits the library and lasers some sharks

Post by QubicTom »

I was hoping to get a JUMP episode out tonight, but Cryophobia Cavern was a disaster, never made it more than a few screens... so here's some Duke to pass the time! The last underwater level, we try to escape the sunken city. Meanwhile, Hueston and Silverback are detected nearby.
Ep6 - "One too many donuts"
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 7 - Obligatory Sewer Level

Post by QubicTom »

Since JUMP is delayed again due to my crappy skills, here's another episode of Duke Nukem. Set in a sewer, coincidentally!
Ep7 - "Rest in Pieces"
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 8, 9 and 10 - Silverback, Flux Capacitor and Hunter Killers

Post by QubicTom »

Oops, I forgot to update the thread! Some new episodes have been released over the last week
Ep8 - Silverback's Stronghold
Ep9 - "I've got to get me one-a these!"
Ep10 - Hunter Killer Factory

We're nearing the end of the game! Just four levels left. Can Duke defeat the alien scum and save the planet of the babes? Well, probably, he is a 90s video game protagonist after all! Also, it continues to get "worse". Like, wait and see what's coming up in the next few levels. Made for 14 year olds, by 14 year olds.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 11, 12 and 13 - Mother Brain, Space Bay and The Promenade

Post by QubicTom »

Nearly finished the game!
Ep11 - Hunter Killer Brain aka Mother Brain
Ep12 - Space Bay of Sin Station
Ep13 - The Promenade - Penultimate Episode!

The finale will be released tomorrow (it was mostly a disaster, since I never played that level on the hardest difficulty, but I think the winning run was spectacular!)

Remember, if you haven't already, to vote for the next PlayStation B-side! (a real vote this time - four options!)
VOTE for the next Playstation B-Side!! You have until Sunday May 8th!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play Duke Nukem: LOTB! - Episode 14 - FINAL - COMBAT

Post by QubicTom »

Last but certainly not least, the final level!
Ep14 - FINAL COMBAT - The Finale!

I had never attempted this level on the highest difficulty before. I do so badly that I game over for the first time... and learn that game-overing resets Duke's weapons to just the starting weapons! So yes, the winning run is with limited ammo with the game's starting weapons on the hardest difficulty, after failing several times with the full arsenal of weapons from the game. It's spectacular :D

Remember to vote for the next game! You have until this Sunday
VOTE for the next Playstation B-Side!! You have until Sunday May 8th!
Sort comments by "New" to see all the votes, since YouTube seems to like hiding most of my comments these days!

Medievil is winning by one vote (starting weapons only run), followed by Rayman (speed runner's route), then Earthworm Jim 2 (blind) and then 007: Tomorrow Never Dies is in last place.